> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Slowfingax's Thread, for gab's army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 23 2014, 07:16 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, thanks for this update. Yes, I know about those pc issues and I also hate them, but once it's solved, it's awesome how released you feel. It has been a great decision to dedicate time to fix it.

And yes, be sure that working on your vibrato and bending techniques is another great decision that you took. These two techniques are usually left to the end by guitarists and that's a bad idea since both are definitive to make our playing expressive, to give life to our phrases. We can ask BB king if vibrato is less important than any other technique like alternate picking or sweep picking. laugh.gif

Great mate, very good job. wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Jan 28 2014, 03:42 PM
GMC:er
I still have some issues with my PC, even I installed everything from the beginning mellow.gif
Almost every time bluescreen..when I plugged..USB or headphones to my PC, but I'm closer now..but very frustrating smile.gif

But after this fixing I'm more and more motivated for training guitar playing wink.gif

Almost anything isn't so boring as fixing PC about week...reboot after reboot after reboot ..and..testing..testing wacko.gif
and sometimes you think..yeah...I solved it..and then...boom....it's not solved yet smile.gif

Now I'll hope it's easier to use my PC...at least not so much issues..but we'll see smile.gif

Just tested very quickly Cyberlink PowerDirector and it's not feels very good...maybe later when my PC is without these issues...going to test some Adobe software for editing wink.gif

But I'm not going to give up with these problem. smile.gif

I'm also trainging some alternate picking with bending and vibrato trainings and it's also good for me. My fingertips are also a little harder and it's easier to play happy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by SlowFingaX: Jan 28 2014, 03:43 PM

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Ezmix 2 + many metal packs
Reaper

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 29 2014, 05:09 AM
Instructor
mm that computer is giving some work! I hope that you solve all the issues soon!

Great to know that you continue practicing the guitar plan that we designed. Please let me know when it needs some update.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Feb 2 2014, 06:07 PM
Hi Gab!

Some days now without problems with my PC...looking good smile.gif

You can make some updates for my practise, if you have something on your mind for me...I'm ready to take some more lessons. I'm going to make some REC's on february, after some more learning...and one of those is better version for that first test video lesson like I said before wink.gif it's already better and maybe after 1-2 weeks I'm ready.
I mean this lesson:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/jumping-around-beginner/

What you think about my first Collab test rec which I made today? I made it very quickly after about 30 minutes...and it's not ready, but it's almost first version from my mind smile.gif
I still have so many technical and speed limits for my fingers, but after some months it's going to be easier I think smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Reaper

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 2 2014, 07:08 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! This sounds very good! I just gave you feedback about your collab take at the thread. I think that it's a very good first take, it's very promising. Please check my comments there and please tell me if you have any question. For REC, feel free to record the ones that you feel more comfortable. The idea is not to make it perfect, the idea is to receive feedback from different instructors.

Let's start designing your routine 2, which would slowly should replace the first one. Do you have some lesson suggestions?

GUITAR ROUTINE 2:

Warming up:

Alternate Picking:

Legato:

Rhythm:

Musical lesson:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Feb 3 2014, 11:20 PM
Hi Gab!

I'll think something to thusrday for suggestions...before that I'm going to make those earlie lessons and also try to make my collab part better with your and others good tips. And figure out..how to get a better (stronger) sound from my GT-10 without too much humming smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Reaper

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 4 2014, 12:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Feb 3 2014, 07:20 PM) *
Hi Gab!

I'll think something to thusrday for suggestions...before that I'm going to make those earlie lessons and also try to make my collab part better with your and others good tips. And figure out..how to get a better (stronger) sound from my GT-10 without too much humming smile.gif

Ok! This sounds good for me! Keep on experimenting. The search for tone is endless... biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Feb 6 2014, 06:56 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 4 2014, 01:51 AM) *
Ok! This sounds good for me! Keep on experimenting. The search for tone is endless... biggrin.gif

I think I have to buy some external soundcard for recording, because I think it's pretty hard formula to get good sound with
realtek soundcard. I'll test Guitar Rig 5 with Reaper and sometimes it's pretty frustrating to play with backing track...training for collab...because sometimes random...small break on sound...of course sometimes when I tried to rec smile.gif those are totally randomly..maybe something with buffersize or anything like that. My laptop is old (Duo Core 2,3 GHz and 3 MB RAM) , but maybe still some power to do something better with soundcard....and it's also ready for new laptop later smile.gif of course then I have to buy some new model soundcard.

Then my lesson suggestions are something like this:

These lesson are must learn for me (training for a few weeks):

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/lessonser...sh-Power-Metal/

Looking good lessons and made by you and intresting series for me...and because I'm Finnish I have to learn those biggrin.gif

For legato training I'm still training the first one you told and Ben's Land of Legato is good to me...and I can continue it from 1 -> 5 week after week wink.gif

Of course some more arpeggios...still training that first one from Ben smile.gif

This one is still going to me the first REC and it's already better now...but not ready yet...I'm going to make some new video for you to check how it goes smile.gif

I also like one very much:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...nner-solo-in-d/

I think you know better the lessons which are good for me and my journey, I'll trust your opinion smile.gif but my suggestions are those.

Nowadays my routine before starting to play are those warming up things from Petrucci video on the link you gave on page 1.

Right now I try to get something new for my collab part after that first version...tested something else...but nothing ready yet...and the searching the tone..has just started wink.gif I'm pretty sure, that I have to buy that soundcard in future smile.gif

This post has been edited by SlowFingaX: Feb 6 2014, 08:31 PM

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Reaper

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 7 2014, 05:03 PM
Instructor

Hi friend! Great post!

Regarding the external soundcard, yes! It will really help. I recommend M-audio Fast track for it. The computer processor is ok if you add an external soundcard like that one.

I feel so honored to know that you like my Finnish metal lessons, being from that country! Sometimes it can be weird to say: "An Argentinean guy composing lessons in the style of Finnish Power Metal" laugh.gif. I made a post at my facebook about this: https://www.facebook.com/gabrielleopardi

GUITAR ROUTINE 2:

Warming up:
John Petrucci Stretches

Alternate Picking:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...king-Workout-2/

Legato:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guitar/legato-lesson/

Rhythm:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Finnis...-III-Nightwish/

Musical lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Iron-M...-For-Beginners/

What do you think of this new routine?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Feb 7 2014, 07:45 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 7 2014, 06:03 PM) *
Hi friend! Great post!

Regarding the external soundcard, yes! It will really help. I recommend M-audio Fast track for it. The computer processor is ok if you add an external soundcard like that one.

I have to check those cards later, because there's so many possible (different controllers) and maybe some of those are with better softwares or something. It's also nice if it's longtime card for the next laptop ...so it supports also newer windows than Vista, but also Vista right now wink.gif

I feel so honored to know that you like my Finnish metal lessons, being from that country! Sometimes it can be weird to say: "An Argentinean guy composing lessons in the style of Finnish Power Metal" laugh.gif. I made a post at my facebook about this: https://www.facebook.com/gabrielleopardi

Life is amazing,but it's the wonderful thing about music, because it's worldwide (without country borders) and you are also so talented, that's why is possible for you smile.gif

I cannot understand it spanish, but I used translator I think I got the message, even those translator results are sometimes very funny smile.gif
It's nice to make you feel honored smile.gif

GUITAR ROUTINE 2:

Warming up:
John Petrucci Stretches

Alternate Picking:

Legato:

Rhythm:

Musical lesson:

What do you think of this new routine?

Looking very good and intresting routine, so that's gonna my routine 2!

Have a nice weekend my friend! cool.gif

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Reaper

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 8 2014, 06:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Feb 7 2014, 03:45 PM) *
Looking very good and intresting routine, so that's gonna my routine 2!

Have a nice weekend my friend! cool.gif

Excellent! Good weekend my friend. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Feb 16 2014, 04:22 PM
Hello mate!

I've been very busy lately, but I made my daily routine.

Right now my situation with these lessons:

working with part 4 and step by step it's going better.

this with part 1, because it still take some time to get it's very smooth. I can play it ok sometimes and then next time..not so good...
so it's not ready yet.

This one is almost ready so many ways, but still most problems...with changes to next part...to make it more smooth...and it's going to take some time..to get part's 3 and 4 better...biggest problem is play these part's together. I can play each part alone smile.gif

On next week I'm going to start this lesson...just few times tested it:

I'm going to make my collab ready on next week. smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Reaper

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 16 2014, 05:32 PM
Instructor
Hi friend! Thanks for the update. I can notice that you are working very hard. It's good to work on different parts every day an slowly completing the lessons. This method works for me really good.

Keep on working hard and let me know the problems that appear.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Mar 6 2014, 04:50 PM
Hello my friend!

I've been very busy lately, but I made my daily routine.
Some develoments of mine:

A little bit faster fingers (nothing amazing, but something), stronger and not anymore totally useless pinky smile.gif
and also some development with my picking hand. There's also more stamina on my hands than before, so my sessions could be a little bit longer if possible.

I'm still working with this to get it totally ready for REC:

Also try to get this one ready for REC (needs more work):

I'll hope there's more time for playing on next week.

I''m still here and doing my routines and also sometimes something extra, for example your new Metallica for beginners lesson.

This post has been edited by SlowFingaX: Mar 6 2014, 04:50 PM

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Reaper

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 7 2014, 05:14 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for keeping me updated! Great to know that you are seeing results in your playing. Working on lessons diary really make the difference.

It's been 1 month since I've given you session 2, do you think that you are ready for the new one or you prefer more days with the same one?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Mar 9 2014, 12:07 PM
Hi Mate!

I'll think that one more week with this routine is ok.
Then I'm ready for new one wink.gif

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Reaper

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 9 2014, 07:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Mar 9 2014, 08:07 AM) *
Hi Mate!

I'll think that one more week with this routine is ok.
Then I'm ready for new one wink.gif

Ok! Sounds like a plan!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Mar 28 2014, 05:13 PM
I've had a busy week and right now I'm pretty tired. I'll know you are very busy on next few days! So I'll put some suggestions about my new routine on sunday and you can check it after you're recovered from weekend gigs and everything! laugh.gif

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Reaper

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 31 2014, 04:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Mar 28 2014, 01:13 PM) *
I've had a busy week and right now I'm pretty tired. I'll know you are very busy on next few days! So I'll put some suggestions about my new routine on sunday and you can check it after you're recovered from weekend gigs and everything! laugh.gif

hahaha hello mate! I'm back and ready to check your stuff! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Mar 31 2014, 08:20 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 31 2014, 05:13 PM) *
hahaha hello mate! I'm back and ready to check your stuff! smile.gif

Hello mate!

I'm truly so happy for you and the band last weekend!

My suggestions for my new routines are:

I'm going to continue with this lesson and get it for REC ready:

My new target for to get REC ready is this lesson:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metal-Power-Chords/

Do you have some more lesson for me on you mind? smile.gif

Which are good support on our journey to get my fingers faster and stronger with better stamina. cool.gif

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Reaper

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:38 AM