2 Pages V  < 1 2  
New Track "the Nameless"
Phil66
Mar 2 2016, 08:57 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Nice one Ben, good to see you break from tradition, though I'm sure I heard you play ever so slightly ahead of the beat a couple of times wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 3 2016, 10:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Mar 2 2016, 06:59 PM) *
You're welcome. smile.gif In a word I think it is the dynamics of the track that makes it so captivating. Right from the opening set up of the theme, the use of dynamics keeps me glued to listening. And from there on throughout the track there are the slow buildings of tension and release. All of these things combined with technique, note choice and making every note count, or important, are very well done and do exactly what they are supposed to do, which is to keep the listener interested and curious as to what will happen next. Of course the theme and mood of the track play a big part in all of this but it is the dynamics used to illustrate the theme and mood is what brings the listener to the place that you have created in your mind. So congrats, to you and your mates on a job well done. cool.gif

PS: This track would be awesome as part of a movie score or as a movie theme I think.

Righto, thanks smile.gif Tbh I'm quite surprised people have ranked it so highly but that's the beauty of creating... we're not the best at judging our own stuff rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Mar 2 2016, 07:55 PM) *
Totally smile.gif
I heard that Stephen Kings 'dark Tower' was being made into a movie...... C'mon, the gunslinger following the man in black across a desert all foreboding and doom laden? It would be a crime not to use this track in the score.

Man, I would love my tunes to be used in other media, especially a movie or game smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 2 2016, 07:57 PM) *
Nice one Ben, good to see you break from tradition, though I'm sure I heard you play ever so slightly ahead of the beat a couple of times wink.gif

Thanks Phil. Well, if it's intentional it's ok wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 4 2016, 01:46 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Mar 3 2016, 09:12 AM) *
Thanks Phil. Well, if it's intentional it's ok wink.gif

Pfffff!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 4 2016, 04:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 4 2016, 12:46 PM) *
Pfffff!

Do you doubt the word of Higgy?

Heretic!!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 4 2016, 04:20 PM
Goal posts keep changing smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 4 2016, 04:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
As Rich also said, I think this is your best track so far, at least from the tracks I've heard. Very, very nice! smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 4 2016, 07:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 4 2016, 03:27 PM) *
As Rich also said, I think this is your best track so far, at least from the tracks I've heard. Very, very nice! smile.gif

Thanks man!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 4 2016, 03:20 PM) *
Goal posts keep changing smile.gif

In all seriousness, regards timing... when you're playing lead lines or a run that is not intended to be exactly following certain beats and accents then you can intentionally move around the beat, especially if you're playing a series of notes that only occur that way once, rather than a repeating feature of the track.

If you listen to a Satch track for example, all the main verse / chorus type bits will have clearly defined melodies with clearly defined timings. When he adds a run or when he gets to the solo he'll let loose and maybe cascade over the beat in much the same way Marty Friedman does.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 4 2016, 09:00 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Mar 4 2016, 06:50 PM) *
If you listen to a Satch track for example, all the main verse / chorus type bits will have clearly defined melodies with clearly defined timings. When he adds a run or when he gets to the solo he'll let loose and maybe cascade over the beat in much the same way Marty Friedman does.

I pretty much do the same mate wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:29 PM