Digitech Distortion Factory Df-7, what a pedal!
Chris Evans
Feb 25 2009, 01:09 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
so I bought one of these pedals a couple of weeks ago off ebay for £30 (UK) got to try it out for the first time at band rehearsal last Friday.

this is probably the best distortion pedal I have ever tried! up till now I have been using either a Behringer Ultra Metal or Behringer Heavy Distortion, I thought that bang for buck these two pedals where very good, but the Digitech totally blows them away.

Loads of settings and obviously 7 pedal modes to choose from as well, however, for my purpose in the band a heavy high gain setting is whats required! laugh.gif

I didnt get a manual with it so I was using mode 6 with all the settings pretty much at centre, this was a great setting, real clarity to the sound but at the same time delivering tight bottom end and (if this makes sense) a really clean distortion!

Does anyone else have this pedal, and can you recomend some other settings I could try out as well?

what do you think about this as a distortion pedal, anything better out there?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
inertia
Feb 25 2009, 02:07 AM
GMC:er
Hey Smells congrats on the new pedal.

I don't have the pedal so unfortunately can't offer settings. I have had a listen to one though and it is quite nice and very versatile, reminds me of my Boss ME 50 with all the different distortions. The best metal pedal I have heard by far is the new Digitech Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion. I own the Jekyll and Hyde and the Metal Muff and the TL-2 just smokes these I have to say.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Feb 26 2009, 08:39 AM
Learning Roadie
we want sound clips.. sound clips.. sound clips.. laugh.gif laugh.gif

i dont know the pedal at all, but the way you describe it almost gives me GAS.. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
besip
Mar 1 2009, 03:46 AM
hey i'm have same pedal
i'm actualy don't using him too mutch but 1 of my good setings is Pavel seting....{Check his page}but i'm add there a litle more High and Gain wink.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Fullmetal_Tmd
Mar 1 2009, 07:30 AM
Eh, I had that pedal for about 2 weeks. I liked it at first. But after a while, it started to sound dull and lifeless to me.
So I traded it in for a EHX Metal Muff. But i sold that, too. I have to say, my new Red Witch Fuzz God 2 is the best pedal I've owned. Its truely demonic.

For settings, I preferred to use either the 5th or 7th model, and I can't my eq settings though.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Mar 1 2009, 03:37 PM
Learning Tone Master
I had it for some time until I realized that a real amps distortion > a pedal distortion; and so it went on ebay^^

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Mar 2 2009, 04:53 AM
I have one. Just put back into use recently because my amp is one channel (orange tt). Man I'm using it with a 212 cabinet and it's pushing SO MUCH air!!! I'm loving it. My favorite setting is this below

LOW = CRANKED
LEVEL = MATCHED TO THE AMPS CLEAN VOLUME
MID = 10 O' CLOCK
MID FREQ. = 2 O' CLOCK
HIGH = 2 O' CLOCK
GAIN = CRANKED smile.gif
MODEL = 5 smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

my guitar has it's tone at about 6 and my amp has one tone knob because simplicity RULES and it's cranked. This sound just is massive. I LOVE the mid frequency knob so much. It's the most amazing thing for creating great metal or hardcore tones cuz you can scoop out the higher mids and still have power in your tone. People always over look their midrange and just rip it out. they should realize that that's where the guitar is. Guitar is a mid range instrument anyway. Hope you dig this tone. My favorite models are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7...........Oh wait a second wink.gif huh.gif

EDIT: heres da manual>>>> ftp://ftp.digitech.com/pub/PDFs/Manuals/X...F7%20Manual.pdf

This post has been edited by Marshmall0wz: Mar 2 2009, 04:59 AM

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 2 2009, 10:07 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Marshmall0wz @ Mar 2 2009, 03:53 AM) *
My favorite models are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7...........Oh wait a second wink.gif huh.gif

EDIT: heres da manual>>>> ftp://ftp.digitech.com/pub/PDFs/Manuals/X...F7%20Manual.pdf

laugh.gif I`ll give your settigns a go, thanks smile.gif

thanks for the manual link as well, much appreciated! smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Skalde
Mar 2 2009, 10:39 AM
Learning Roadie
I used to have one, sound was quite good, sold it though. As ZakkWylde I prefered the amp distortion.
For the money I bought a Tubescreamer biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:06 AM