3nps Question
Amarok
Mar 12 2007, 10:41 PM
GMC:er
Hi,

can anybody tell me how important it is to know the 3 Notes-Per-String scales?
I play about 5 years the standart major/minor Patterns, and i never had any problems with them.
When i play the 3NPS scales, i sound like an idiot rolleyes.gif
So is it realy necessary to master the 3NPS patterns?
Thanks ;o)

greetings
Nino

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
She’s a ‘59 Stratocaster, and she, I’ve always called her my first wife. She don’t talk back to me…she talks for me. You know? She don’t scream at me….she screams for me.
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 12 2007, 11:41 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Amarok @ Mar 12 2007, 05:41 PM) *
Hi,

can anybody tell me how important it is to know the 3 Notes-Per-String scales?
I play about 5 years the standart major/minor Patterns, and i never had any problems with them.
When i play the 3NPS scales, i sound like an idiot rolleyes.gif
So is it realy necessary to master the 3NPS patterns?
Thanks ;o)

greetings
Nino

I would say if you are happy with what you are doing then no! On the other hand, 3 notes per string give you a lot more options for speedpicking triplets in particular and may help you get to another level in speed ... once you know them you don't need to use them all the time, just knowing they are there can be helpful for some particular lick that is giving you trouble the regular way.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 13 2007, 01:54 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
If you find its your weak point then you should try to get better at it i think, i look at my weak points as challenges. and try to take them all on.

+Quote Post
Amarok
Mar 14 2007, 12:21 AM
GMC:er
Thanx to you both for the answers, maybe i should work on it smile.gif
For anyone who's intressted here are 2 youtube vids of my improvisation skills, realy diffrent to that what a play with my black Metal Band *hehe*

Click1
Click2

--------------------
She’s a ‘59 Stratocaster, and she, I’ve always called her my first wife. She don’t talk back to me…she talks for me. You know? She don’t scream at me….she screams for me.
Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 13 2007, 12:27 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
That first video is pretty nice, cool melodys throughout the whole thing

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:57 PM