Need Help With Revamping My Guitar
newguyatgmc
Nov 4 2010, 05:22 PM
GMC:er
Hey Guys,
I have have this terrible sounding axe that I bought from Rondo Music a few years ago.

http://www.rondomusic.com/wt450bk.html

So,I am actually planning to pimp it up a little bit just for the heck of it. I have the following things that I bought:

Sprezel Tuners

Dimarzio D activators neck and bridge pickup

Brand new Zero Resistance 2 Tremolo bridge (Got lucky here....my friend got me this one from Asia)

I wanted to put all these in the above guitar and I want help with installing that ZR bridge. Does any body have any experience or manual that I can use?

Also, please provide general comments about what you think about this whole idea if it's good/ foolish whatever...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 5 2010, 02:26 AM
It looks like it already had a floyd rose licensed double locking trem righit? To make it "free floating" you can loosen the screws holding the springs on the underside until you find the proper balance and then you can pull backward and forward on it. So you may not even need to swap the trem.

Todd

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
newguyatgmc
Nov 5 2010, 03:55 AM
I forgot to mention the tremolo on the existing thing is damaged...hence i need to replace it

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 12 2010, 12:15 AM
Instructor
The guitar will run different with that setup, probably better, but you will be the one to decide if you like it or not. I say, why not experiment a bit smile.gif

You can switch the bridge yourself. Take off the screws on the back side, take out the old tremolo bridge, insert new one, put springs back on, put strings on, and adjust the tension of the springs with the screws on the back side. It needs to float.

Let us know how it went! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Nov 12 2010, 12:16 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:04 PM