4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
First Song/solo You Learnt On Guitar/bass?
sigma7
Jul 20 2008, 02:17 AM
GMC:er
I HATE Stairway and LED ZEPLINE I DONT CARE IF I SPELLED THEIR STUPID NAME RIGHT

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by sigma7: Jul 20 2008, 02:19 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jul 20 2008, 03:14 AM
The first solo I leanred to play as a whole was the solo from Opeth's song When from My Arms Your Hearse. Alltough, I recorded it and if I listen to those recordings now I hear that it's really sloppy and everything. I can play it a bit smoother now though, but I'm not very clean at the sweeps in the end. (Wich I obviously alternate pick and not sweep, seeing as how cool I am)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Jul 20 2008, 03:32 AM
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Jul 20 2008, 04:17 AM) *
I HATE Stairway and LED ZEPLINE I DONT CARE IF I SPELLED THEIR STUPID NAME RIGHT

Wow, that was unnecessary... huh.gif

This post has been edited by Tuubsu: Jul 20 2008, 03:34 AM

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
TwistedSun
Jul 20 2008, 04:00 AM
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Jul 19 2008, 08:17 PM) *

Meshuggah wouldn't exist if it wasn't for zepplin.

--------------------
Starting Gear: Epiphone Limited 50th Anniversary SG, Line 6 Spider II 75watt combo amp.
New Gear: Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR, Engl Powerball 100w, Engl Pro 4x12, Z-5 Footswitch

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jul 20 2008, 04:01 AM
First song I attempted to learn was actually Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin. I learned some of it, then realised it was too hard.

First whole song I learned was really Californiacation by The Red hot Chili Peppers. And that was my first solo too. I though I was so badass that I could play it, thought it was fast at the time too. sad.gif

I loved my early days of guitar playing. Miss my first guitar instructor. sad.gif. Had some good jams with him.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
kahall
Jul 20 2008, 04:42 AM
Learning Roadie
It's been about 1 1/2 years of playing daily for me and I still have not learned anything anyone would recognize unless they just happened to be a member here. So, I am thinking when I can finally play in front of someone (without them covering their ears) they will think I sure do know a lot of cool licks. He's so original. ;-)

QUOTE (sigma7 @ Jul 19 2008, 08:17 PM) *

Really? Are you sure? I am not a big fan of Led Zepplin but I like this song.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
sigma7
Jul 20 2008, 05:36 AM
i no this is guitar blasphemy because i get a lot of crap about it at home . . .

I HATE JIMMY PAGE TOO

haha

This post has been edited by sigma7: Jul 20 2008, 05:36 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jul 20 2008, 05:48 AM
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Jul 20 2008, 05:36 AM) *
i no this is guitar blasphemy because i get a lot of crap about it at home . . .

I HATE JIMMY PAGE TOO

haha

Take it back!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
swingline
Jul 20 2008, 06:02 AM
I don't really like Zepplin either but I do like Stairway to Heaven, I do get alot of crap for not liking them also.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
wrk
Jul 20 2008, 08:16 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Jul 20 2008, 06:36 AM) *

I HATE JIMMY PAGE TOO

haha

How a musician is able to HATE another musician ... something what will never go in my brain. huh.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 20 2008, 08:50 AM
Lets go fishing!
The first actual song i learnt i guess was Bucketheads Cannibal Holocaust cover smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jul 20 2008, 02:55 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jul 20 2008, 08:50 AM) *
The first actual song i learnt i guess was Bucketheads Cannibal Holocaust cover smile.gif

Pff, Buckethead is for nubs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jul 20 2008, 04:56 PM
First song I learnt to play on the guitar.... I think it was Stained - Outside
And on bass, wasn't so long ago, Chris Cornell - Billie Jean, I needed to learn it for a band I joined as a bassist(to finally get a reason to play my bass!) and I just made out my own bassline to the song, because I could hardly hear the bass on the song.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 20 2008, 05:22 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Jul 20 2008, 02:55 PM) *
Pff, Buckethead is for nubs.

pardon me? blink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
vintageplaya666
Jul 20 2008, 10:39 PM
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Jul 20 2008, 05:48 AM) *
Take it back!!!

In all fairness, he shouldnt. I mean, ALOT of people (and right minded people) would disagree with him. Because, Led Zepplin are awesome and so is Jimmy Page. But sigma7, saying they are crap so what? It is his opinion.

If he doesnt like them, then who cares?

--------------------

Signature Made By Spleeny

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift "

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 20 2008, 11:03 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Love me do by the Beatles on guitar , and on bass hmm I don't know maybe Smoke on the water... wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jul 21 2008, 12:13 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jul 20 2008, 05:22 PM) *
pardon me? blink.gif

Haha, was kidding, to your joke that you learned a buckethead song as your first one. smile.gif. Unless.. you weren't joking. smile.gif.

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 21 2008, 12:18 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
The first two songs I learned was Basket Case with Green Day, and Polly with Nirvana smile.gif
Don't remember which was the first though, as I learned both at the same time smile.gif

+Quote Post
sigma7
Jul 21 2008, 12:24 AM
thanx vintage playa u got my back

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 21 2008, 09:50 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Jul 21 2008, 12:13 AM) *
Haha, was kidding, to your joke that you learned a buckethead song as your first one. smile.gif. Unless.. you weren't joking. smile.gif.

Ahhh its just a simple melody, a theme tune from a movie smile.gif Not his usual tech fest wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:34 PM