> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Buddy's Starting Point
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 24 2012, 08:49 AM
Instructor
Hey Buddy smile.gif

First of all, thank you for choosing me man! Second, please tell me a little bit about yourself, your musical/ guitar playing experiences so far and your goals smile.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Buddy
Aug 24 2012, 11:02 AM
GMC:er

Introduction 17.Feb this year
Hey All

Im glad to be here after all since im visiting this page for about 2 years now
Im from Germany, Blackforest, Im 24 years old and Im playing Guitar for about 3 years.
I stoped playing Guitar for 10 Months now because of some problems with my Hand -.- (inflamation caused by playing Guitar^^)
So now I joined GMC to start again!

Im lefthanded and i have a few e-guitars and a PODx3Live .
My favorite Guitar is the LTD F-400 FM Lefthand.
AlterBridge is my favorite Band and I will work hard to play like Mark Tremonti one day .... just kidding
Yeah i guess thats it for now and u will see me in some of the live lessons these days
rock on!

I had trouble with my hand again and i hope its over now biggrin.gif

I bought the "All I was" Album from Mark Tremonti and its just amazing. Tremonti is most definitely my favorite Guitarplayer.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Buddy
Aug 24 2012, 11:58 AM
hope the embedding works...

amazing but it seems unreachable to play like him...

An other alltime-Favorite...
quite different from the upper video biggrin.gif
it starts at 0:45
I can play the background guitar and most of the leadline.I still haven't figured out how to play the part after the strumming -.-
maybe you can help me out with this one day cosmin smile.gif

Erase my scars is a song i tried to learn a year ago before i got my inflamation.
its pretty cool that their guitarist shows how to play it at their youtubechannel.

one more! I like this songs studioversion! The vocalist isnt that good actually biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I listen a lot to "Story of the year" "Alterbridge" and "three days grace" at the moment.
and tremonti of course wink.gif

One other band i really like is called pigeon toe!
Its a german Band smile.gif

crazy sound but i like it!
I think u get an idea of what i listen to, dont you? biggrin.gif
I think in GMC I'm level 3. I want to improve leadplaying and stop playing sloppy.

This post has been edited by Buddy: Aug 24 2012, 12:06 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 25 2012, 12:25 PM
Instructor
Hey Buddy biggrin.gif Our musical tastes are VERY VERY much the same biggrin.gif

This means it's going to be easier for me to help out. Here's what I suggest we should do:

1) Tackle theoretical aspects
2) Ear training
3) Riffing
4) Lead playing - here we could talk about articulations (Marc deals with articulations elements quite well - bending and vibrato that is) and what other technique would you enjoy learning?

Tell me, do you have anything recorded with you playing the guitar? It would help me in knowing where you are smile.gif

Are you good with all of the above? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Buddy
Aug 26 2012, 03:26 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 25 2012, 11:25 AM) *
Hey Buddy biggrin.gif Our musical tastes are VERY VERY much the same biggrin.gif

This means it's going to be easier for me to help out. Here's what I suggest we should do:

Hey Cosmin, cool to hear you like my taste biggrin.gif I guess I chose you for the mentoring-programm, because I really liked the style of your lessons.

1) Tackle theoretical aspects
2) Ear training
3) Riffing
4) Lead playing - here we could talk about articulations (Marc deals with articulations elements quite well - bending and vibrato that is) and what other technique would you enjoy learning?

Tell me, do you have anything recorded with you playing the guitar? It would help me in knowing where you are smile.gif

Are you good with all of the above? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

Sounds perfekt! I dont know what you meam by eartraining wink.gif but I will see.
I bought a new Computer so first I have to set up my System dry.gif
With my PodX3live I get a pretty good recordingsound, but I dont know how to combine this with a Video huh.gif
got a digicam but it would be cool if I could record both at the same time.... just have to figure out if this could work....

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 27 2012, 04:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Buddy @ Aug 26 2012, 02:26 PM) *
Hey Cosmin, cool to hear you like my taste biggrin.gif I guess I chose you for the mentoring-programm, because I really liked the style of your lessons.

Sounds perfekt! I dont know what you meam by eartraining wink.gif but I will see.
I bought a new Computer so first I have to set up my System dry.gif
With my PodX3live I get a pretty good recordingsound, but I dont know how to combine this with a Video huh.gif
got a digicam but it would be cool if I could record both at the same time.... just have to figure out if this could work....

Hey mate smile.gif You should take a look at this little video here wink.gif

It teaches you how to make good quality vids with good audio quality as well biggrin.gif Let me know if this works, so we can start wink.gif Till then, you can send me a recording with just the camera smile.gif It'll do nicely!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Buddy
Aug 28 2012, 09:45 AM
WOW thats a great "How to" Video!
I'll try it out. May need a few hours biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 28 2012, 10:10 AM
Instructor
It's going to teach you how to deal with creating great vids biggrin.gif In the mean time, don't forget to send a quick cam recording for me wink.gif I'm curious to hear you play biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Buddy
Aug 28 2012, 01:52 PM
Sorry you have to wait for tomorrow .... I'll go to a Jam-session now tongue.gif
But I figured out how to record a video with great sound! Cubase +X3Live+Moviemaker works well tongue.gif

Why cant I download every Backingtrack? I can allways only download the first BT sad.gif
Is this normal?

+Quote Post
korblitz
Aug 28 2012, 02:58 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Buddy @ Aug 28 2012, 12:52 PM) *
Why cant I download every Backingtrack? I can allways only download the first BT sad.gif
Is this normal?

+1 If you figure how to download all the backing tracks....I want to know!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 28 2012, 03:29 PM
Instructor
Guys, it is normal - just the full tempo backing is available for download. So, Buddy, let me know when you send stuff my way biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Buddy
Sep 11 2012, 11:38 PM
Argh!!! I dont get a video done! I tried to record something but the problem is, that i want to record something cool but I dont play good enough biggrin.gif
I know thats the reason why I am here but I dont want to post a bad video. Now I am trying to play "voice of your guitar"
I struggle a lot with bendings precision so this lesson might seem to be a good choice. hopefully I will record a take the next days...
*grml*

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 12 2012, 07:52 AM
Instructor
Buddy smile.gif Take it easy man! Send me anything! It really REALLY doesn't matter how good you played it, because I want to see where you are now smile.gif

+Quote Post
Buddy
Mar 30 2013, 12:42 AM
Hey Cosmin, you ll not trust your eyes biggrin.gif
I said to myself its time to record a f***unny lesson! It seems it need 6 full months. impossible.
yo i just recorded this lesson and guess what? my cubase crashed and my computer turned off and killed my soundfile biggrin.gif
that really grinds my gears! But the video cam recording is still there so I decided to upload it anyway....
here it is! Finally you see my playing... in the middle of the night so the video is really bad but who cares. wink.gif

http://youtu.be/msi-4HA56Bg

And of course there are a lot of Mistakes -.- I ll try to record it again the next days but you get an idea of my skill level.

This post has been edited by Buddy: Mar 30 2013, 12:47 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 30 2013, 03:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Buddy @ Mar 29 2013, 11:42 PM) *
Hey Cosmin, you ll not trust your eyes biggrin.gif
I said to myself its time to record a f***unny lesson! It seems it need 6 full months. impossible.
yo i just recorded this lesson and guess what? my cubase crashed and my computer turned off and killed my soundfile biggrin.gif
that really grinds my gears! But the video cam recording is still there so I decided to upload it anyway....
here it is! Finally you see my playing... in the middle of the night so the video is really bad but who cares. wink.gif

http://youtu.be/msi-4HA56Bg

And of course there are a lot of Mistakes -.- I ll try to record it again the next days but you get an idea of my skill level.

Mate, finally, you made it biggrin.gif Look, the main thing here is timing - you are a bit behind the beat usually, out of what I can figure out. Even if I can't hear any landmark, such as a metronome or backing track.

Please re-try this by paying attention to the drum track - it will guide you through very well and it would be great if you could record in such a way that I can hear the backing track/ metronome as well.

When will I have the pleasure of seeing the new take? smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Buddy
Apr 1 2013, 09:06 PM
Yeah of course Im struggling with timing in this one biggrin.gif its pretty crazy. Ill try to redo it. Actually I just tried it but I dont like the results so far so maybe tomorrow. wink.gif

PS: whats up wit DoC merchandise? still no M and L-Tshirts?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 1 2013, 09:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Buddy @ Apr 1 2013, 08:06 PM) *
Yeah of course Im struggling with timing in this one biggrin.gif its pretty crazy. Ill try to redo it. Actually I just tried it but I dont like the results so far so maybe tomorrow. wink.gif

PS: whats up wit DoC merchandise? still no M and L-Tshirts?

Ok, mate, I'll be waiting for tomorrow!

The T shirts are arriving on Friday, THANK GoD! I'll let you know asap!

+Quote Post
Buddy
Apr 2 2013, 03:54 PM
Nice to hear. Im waiting for quite a time now. But thats no problem wink.gif
The waiting for my Video was quite long to biggrin.gif
Ok I uploaded another try. The sound is much better now but the timing is still not perfekt. I played this on a very slow metronome yesterday so Im getting into it but still its harder than I thought....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am-a-LcgFME...eature=youtu.be

This post has been edited by Buddy: Apr 2 2013, 04:06 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 3 2013, 09:17 AM
Instructor
Hey man! You will be the first served wink.gif No worries!

I must congratulate you for the progress - I think you did well but here are the things you should improve:

- The palm muting should be ore obvious in general
- Until the first chorus part, your timing was almost perfect and you played with a good vibe and groove, somehow, after that, I think you lost focus, as your timing went astray a bit and you played less tighter.

I totally recommend you to focus on the chorus and get it in shape, while taking care of the palm muting in the whole take!

After these, it's off to the REC zone with this one biggrin.gif Let's do this!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
TheBro
Apr 3 2013, 11:38 AM
Hey cool!
Its true i didnt focus on the chorus part since its strumming I thought its easy anyway wink.gif
ok ill take care of it but it may need time again because i have to learn for my exams in 2 weeks mad.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:42 AM