3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Jackson King V Pro, After 3 years of waiting
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 19 2014, 10:17 AM
Instructor
Hey Yash smile.gif

Congrats once again on your new guitar! I watched the video and here's what I suggest in order for your rhythm playing to become tight as an industrial sewing machine:

- timing - you need to become able to stay on the beat - regardless if you use a metronome or a backing track or play with people
- groove - learning how to sustain a pulse and give the rhythm that extra something that makes people nod their heads is the one ingredient that EVERY player needsto master, regardless if he plays rhythm, lead, or both!
- clean playing - you should get rid of the unwanted noises and dodgy chord/position changes that make your playing sound dirty
- tightness - when you don't land a chord in the exact moment it should be played and if the chord change is not clean, the playing sounds shaky and not in perfect synch with the backing or band - you want to avoid this smile.gif
- being in tune - you need to take care for your guitar to be tuned each time you play, not to mention each time you record

To make all these things happen, you need patience and focus and being able to play something short as well and tight as possible. How about learning this lesson and posting a recording?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...c-metal-rhythm/

It will definitely help you out on setting all these things straight smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yash
Nov 20 2014, 08:47 AM
GMC:er
Cosmin, I am already on it. smile.gif Thanks for the tips sensei.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Nov 20 2014, 12:41 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 19 2014, 03:15 AM) *
The only other option besides a DTUNA For doing drop D and keeping standard E available is to get a really tall/long fine tuner screw for your E. You can buy an entire set for pretty cheap smile.gif They are just taller than regular screws so that you can tune up/down further.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extra-Long-Floyd-R...=item4ad84eafb7

[attachment=39869:longfinetuners.jpg]

of course, you wanna make sure the screws are compatible so you'd wanna contact whoever you buy them from to make sure.

The shipping costs me more than those fine tuners tongue.gif Wowie.... And, I don't think you can replace them... Or can you ? They won't come off smile.gif That's the whole point, right ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 20 2014, 01:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Nov 20 2014, 07:47 AM) *
Cosmin, I am already on it. smile.gif Thanks for the tips sensei.

Anytime, matey wink.gif Looking forward to see the first recordings and thoughts!

+Quote Post
Yash
Nov 23 2014, 11:13 AM
Yes sir ! biggrin.gif Oh, and an update on my guitar. Travis (spasemoonkey) told me to stretch the strings, which I did. Now it doesn't go out of tune anymore, at least not as easily, AND the E string doesn't go down to D anymore dry.gif Oh well.. let's see. RIght now I have to play in Standard tuning, so no problems. And I get the feeling I messed up the action and stuff.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 24 2014, 09:28 PM
They are just screws yash smile.gif You can just unscrew them and they come out. They are not welded in place smile.gif

Thats sorta the point of buying replacement screws. See?

QUOTE (Yash @ Nov 20 2014, 07:41 AM) *
The shipping costs me more than those fine tuners tongue.gif Wowie.... And, I don't think you can replace them... Or can you ? They won't come off smile.gif That's the whole point, right ?

Nobody ever mentioned string stretching before? Glad somebody did smile.gif Well done MOONKEY! smile.gif Glad you are stretching them! But yeah, if you wanna do drop tune, you really just need one longer tuning screw smile.gif

QUOTE (Yash @ Nov 23 2014, 06:13 AM) *
Yes sir ! biggrin.gif Oh, and an update on my guitar. Travis (spasemoonkey) told me to stretch the strings, which I did. Now it doesn't go out of tune anymore, at least not as easily, AND the E string doesn't go down to D anymore dry.gif Oh well.. let's see. RIght now I have to play in Standard tuning, so no problems. And I get the feeling I messed up the action and stuff.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 24 2014, 09:29 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 25 2014, 01:07 PM
Instructor
Stretching the strings after placing them on the guitar is always recommended smile.gif Grab each string above the 12th position and stretch it vertically and horizontally.

Play as violently as possible, winging the whammy bar a bit and then, re-allign the fine tuning screws so that they would be somewhere mid course and re-tune the axe from the tuning pegs. Lock the tuner up and then re-tune with the fine tuning screws - that should be well enough smile.gif At least, that's what worked for me smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:54 AM