Gibson Les Paul Axcess
skennington
Dec 5 2008, 04:58 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Pleked and with a Floyd. Still ony 22 frts though. Check it out.

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Feat...t-on-lp-axcess/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 5 2008, 05:27 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hmm the link doesn't work for me ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Dec 5 2008, 05:36 PM
GMC:er
Me too, check the link.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Dec 5 2008, 05:43 PM
Instructor
Link works fine here..
But.. why on earth put a floyd on a Les Paul? ohmy.gif It's blasphemy!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 5 2008, 05:43 PM
Hum, works for me but here you go...

ProductsNews-LifestyleLessonsDownloadsCommunity24/7 Support //skm_registerMenu('ctl00_cmsmenu_CMSMenu1',new skm_styleInfo('','','','','','','','','',''),new skm_styleInfo('','','','','','','','','',''),2,false);preloadimages('/CMSTemplates/Gibson/Stylesheets/Global/TopNav/_Images/TopNav-Logo-Gibson.gif'); Gibson > Lifestyle > Features > Spotlight On the Les Paul ... function fbs_click() {u=location.href;t=document.title;window.open('http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u='+encodeURIComponent(u)+ '&t='+encodeURIComponent(t),'sharer','toolbar=0,status=0,width=626,height=436'); return false;} http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=url
Spotlight On the Les Paul Axcess Standard
<H2></H2>12.04.2008The Les Paul Axcess Standard from Gibson Custom carries all the elegant styling, fluid body lines and rocking attitude of a classic Les Paul Standard from the golden era of the late 1950s. Upon closer examination, however, you’ll find many substantial modifications made in the name of maximum playability and versatility.

As Gibson Custom Operations Manager Michael McGuire puts it, “Everything about this Les Paul has been designed to make it a player’s ‘player’s guitar.’ From the easy access to its upper range to the comfortable belly scarf to the Floyd Rose vibrato, this instrument was made to give you optimum performance.”

Distinctive Floyd Rose Vibrato
The most noticeable addition is the Floyd Rose tailpiece, a unit optimized for anything from subtle vibrato wobbles to dramatic, rumbling divebombs. Adding a Floyd Rose to a Les Paul in the past was always a major undertaking, and one that could seriously damage the stability of the instrument if not done right. On the Les Paul Axcess the vibrato is installed right at Gibson Custom as part of the manufacturing process, which means this potent piece of high-performance hardware interacts seamlessly with the design of the guitar. Partnered with an R4 locking nut, it also guarantees outstanding tuning stability and return-to-pitch accuracy.

Contoured Neck for Upper Fret Access
Take the instrument in hand and run your fingers up the neck and you’ll encounter the clever structural alteration that gives this new model its name: While the Axcess sports what looks from the front to be a traditional Les Paul neck joint, the neck heel and portions of the back and neck joint at the upper cutaway have been contoured to provide a “heelless” feel, and an unimpeded reach right up to the 22nd fret. No more stretching against the traditional neck heel to achieve the upper-fret access that your lead style demands — the Axcess gives you that legendary Les Paul playability all the way up the neck, welcoming you to take it right over the top.

Comfortable Ribcage Contour
To further enhance playing comfort, this smoothly carved neck joint is combined with a “belly scarf” (aka ribcage contour) that allows the body of the guitar to hug closely to your own body in the playing position without digging in.

Refreshingly Light Body Style
The Les Paul Axcess’s slightly thinner body, made from weight-relieved mahogany (with carved maple top), gives you an instrument that is refreshingly light and a pure joy to play, either strapped on or in a seated position.

Optimum Tone Setup
The Les Paul Axcess Standard is also geared toward optimum tone, as you’d expect from any Gibson Custom creation. Exposed-coil BurstBucker 1 and BurstBucker 2 pickups in the neck and bridge positions — the most accurate reproduction vintage-PAF-style humbuckers Gibson has ever offered — yield everything from warm, fluid vocal tones to fat, sweet growl, while an added push/pull switch on the treble Tone knob provides coil splitting for accurate single-coil tones. These unique tonal combinations excel at delivering everything from singing classic rock lead tones to contemporary crunch to extremes of twang and jangle. Even the pure-nickel wound .10-.46 Gibson Vintage Strings it ships with contribute toward its rich, textured voice.

Gibson’s Perfect Setup™
The Les Paul Axcess is built to the highest standards attainable in today’s market, which includes a final set-up and fret dressing by the revolutionary, computer-controlled PLEK System, which provides Gibson’s Perfect Setup™.

Hardshell Case and Certificate of Authenticity
Each instrument also comes with a Gibson Custom hardshell case and certificate of authenticity. Top that off with optimum playability, maximum access and unparalleled tone and the Les Paul Axcess Standard is probably all the guitar that most players will ever need.

Additional Specifications and Appointments
• One-piece mahogany neck with fast, rounded profile
• 24 3/4" scale length with 1 11/16" nut width
• 22-fret rosewood fingerboard
• Kluson tuners
• Single-ply cream binding on body top
• Pearloid trapezoid fingerboard inlays
• Carved maple top with nitrocellulose lacquer finish in Iced Tea Burst or Gun Metal Gray

A closer look at the Les Paul Axcess Standard from Gibson Custom!

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Dec 5 2008, 06:07 PM
anything with a floyd rose makes me run far away. nice looking guitar, for people who like that kind of thing.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
MickeM
Dec 5 2008, 06:22 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (skennington @ Dec 5 2008, 04:58 PM) *
Pleked and with a Floyd. Still ony 22 frts though. Check it out.

Here's anotherone to rain on Gibsons parade. I'm glad they didn't make it 24 frets or I'm not sure in how many ways I would harm myself, the tremolo was bad enough laugh.gif

One positive thing though! The contoured neck!

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 5 2008, 06:23 PM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Dec 5 2008, 11:43 AM) *
Link works fine here..

Same thing I was thinking. I guess there trying to get after guitarist who can't live without one. I've seen them on LP copies but now Gibson.. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Skewlbuzz
Dec 5 2008, 08:21 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Whatever you think this guitar is supposed to be quite amazing from what I've heard..

Here are a few "reviews":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsdZoXTJgPU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwjuHk__Src

edit: I AM aware that the second link is more of a commercial tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Skewlbuzz: Dec 5 2008, 08:23 PM

--------------------

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008
Fender Squier '51

---------------------
Amp(like):
Blackstar Series One 45
Line6 POD Studio UX1
Marshall MG15CDR

---------------------
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
DigiTech Whammy
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Dunlop MXR Carbon Copy

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Dec 5 2008, 09:10 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Dec 5 2008, 05:43 PM) *
Link works fine here..

I agree, a Les Paul isn't supposed to have a floyd mad.gif
I want a regular Les Audiopaal! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 5 2008, 09:54 PM
Instructor
They are trying to increase their range of products in order to reach a more wider market, there's nothing wrong with that. Actually there is, the sound will not be the same as with regular Gibsons, but if someone wants a Gibson with FL, he should know that it won't sound like a regular one.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
FrankW
Dec 5 2008, 10:11 PM
It looks pretty good, but I have a problem with a Floyd on a Les Paul. It just looks a little strange to me. Gibson also makes a Neal Schon model that has a Floyd. Knowing Gibson, it probably costs an arm and a leg. I'm sure many players will find this guitar appealing. There's nothing wrong with that. Ivan's right though, the Floyd bridge will make the guitar sound brighter, not quite like a Les Paul. I wonder what this model costs. I wouldn't buy it though.

+Quote Post
rockztar
Dec 5 2008, 10:33 PM
Looks cool but as trond say: That blasphemy!

--------------------
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS CE24 Amber
Yamaha C40

Amp:
Marshall dsl 401

Effect:
dd-6, cs-3, Emma ReezaFRATzitz - morley wah- rc-2

Guthrie Govan, Thomas blug, alex hutchings and many others

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:45 PM