Day Dream *original Track*
Vulpine
Mar 20 2013, 06:34 AM
GMC:er
https://soundcloud.com/vulpinetekneq/day-dreaminheres a track I recorded biggrin.gif

Could use some help See I originally wanted this track to be a mellow one but after 2 days of working on this it seemed to gradually go in a different direction which is fine and I did go back into the intro part towards the end but I dunno ill let you listen to it any feed back would be nice maybe anything that could make this track better am all ears = )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Vulpine: Mar 20 2013, 09:01 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Mar 20 2013, 09:04 AM
*Fixed Link*

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 20 2013, 10:02 AM
Instructor
Mate - as with all your stuff - you really CAN put on an atmosphere, but you need to work on your timing against the backing track. Whatever the direction of the song, timing is crucial and you need to be able to record while being consistent to the backing track. Can you record the first sequence at a slower tempo against a metronome and post it here? I am curious smile.gif

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Mar 21 2013, 12:49 AM
not sure with a metronome but i might be able to record it slower if u'd like?

+Quote Post
TylerT
Mar 21 2013, 06:30 AM
Guitar Hero
That backing track is sick! Really nice drum sound, is that EZDrummer?

--------------------
My Website
My Youtube

Main Guitars:
- Agile Interceptor Pro 725
- EBMM John Petrucci Signature
- Axl Badwater

Amps/Effects:
- Avid Eleven Rack
- Hughes & Kettner Switchblade
- Pod X3 Live

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 21 2013, 06:57 AM
I share the same opinion with Cosmin. And i also really like, it remids me of Buckethead!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 21 2013, 08:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Mar 20 2013, 11:49 PM) *
not sure with a metronome but i might be able to record it slower if u'd like?

No no smile.gif I specifically want you to do it with a metronome smile.gif At a slow tempo - it's the thing that will teach you how to be in time with the drums later on. Do we have a deal, mate?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 21 2013, 02:15 PM
Instructor
Hi Vuilpine! Once again your composition is fantastic but your timing need some adjustment. You should concentrate on this to take your compositions to a new level.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Mar 22 2013, 01:25 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 21 2013, 07:58 AM) *
No no smile.gif I specifically want you to do it with a metronome smile.gif At a slow tempo - it's the thing that will teach you how to be in time with the drums later on. Do we have a deal, mate?

ah I got ya Yea I'll upload a take

QUOTE (TylerT @ Mar 21 2013, 05:30 AM) *
That backing track is sick! Really nice drum sound, is that EZDrummer?

Thanks = ) and no am using a Drum loop I got from Sonar LE Software .... I dont have a Midi Keyboard so I have to rely on that for a drums for now until I can get a Dr. Rhythm or something I can Customize drums

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 21 2013, 01:15 PM) *
Hi Vuilpine! Once again your composition is fantastic but your timing need some adjustment. You should concentrate on this to take your compositions to a new level.

Hey Gabriel Thanks for the Feed and always appreciate u and Cosmin giving good advice on these , and I feel for my lead I need to be alittle more tight even tho Im a "free form Improviser" kind of player I think i need to make it as tight as i can even if its improvised and actually need to improve my Lead phrasing i think to make it sound refreshing as it can and prolly whats important even more is maybe playing less lead I love lead but i feel until my lead playing has improved and gotten better that maybe i should keep solo's short and maybe focus on rhythm which lately I've learning some interesting jazz chords so yea my next track (Coming sooner then u may think) will show abit more improvement with timing and shorter soloing and better transitions = ) but anyway thanks alot whether u realize it or not u all are making me better with feedback it really goes a great way which is why i appreciate it so much

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Mar 21 2013, 05:57 AM) *
I share the same opinion with Cosmin. And i also really like, it remids me of Buckethead!

Thanks MonkeyD thanks for taking the time out of ur day to listen = )

This post has been edited by Vulpine: Mar 22 2013, 01:23 AM

+Quote Post
leonard478
Mar 22 2013, 05:55 AM
Learning Rock Star
Cool track man! really reminded me of some mellow buckethead tracks, much enjoyed!

QUOTE (Vulpine @ Mar 20 2013, 05:34 AM) *
https://soundcloud.com/vulpinetekneq/day-dreaminheres a track I recorded biggrin.gif

Could use some help See I originally wanted this track to be a mellow one but after 2 days of working on this it seemed to gradually go in a different direction which is fine and I did go back into the intro part towards the end but I dunno ill let you listen to it any feed back would be nice maybe anything that could make this track better am all ears = )

Cool track man! really reminded me of some mellow buckethead tracks, much enjoyed!

QUOTE (Vulpine @ Mar 20 2013, 05:34 AM) *

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 22 2013, 09:36 AM
Instructor
Vulpine smile.gif Mate, the better you will become as a rhythm player, the better you will be a lead one as well - I think that you should really put some effort into re-recording your ideas at slower tempo and using a metronome, so that slowly but surely you will get to the full tempo in perfect synch with the drum track. In time, you will become a better producer as well and imagine the heights that your music will reach!

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Mar 22 2013, 03:32 PM
Ok sorry for the wait this is a clip with me playing with the metronome not perfect but = )

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Day_dream__tempo_.MP3 ( 1.32MB ) Number of downloads: 73

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 23 2013, 05:05 PM
Instructor
Hey mate - aside from a few places where probably because of the position switching you did not play some notes as clean as they should be, this is not bad at all!

My suggestion is to try another take against the metronome - this time at 80% and WITHOUT the delay wink.gif What do you say? And focus on switching the positions as clean as possible biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:53 AM