Please Help!, cant get rid of virus
sigma7
Jan 4 2009, 10:33 PM
GMC:er
Please help me GMC! I do not know how I got this far but my sister "accidentally" downloaded a virus known as Antivirus 2010. It wont let me access websites such as these and shoots up 1000 pop ups. I need help getting rid of it. Please help!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by sigma7: Jan 4 2009, 10:34 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 4 2009, 10:43 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
It's happened to me. Just start you computer in safe mode then restore it to a previous date. I can't stand things like this.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 4 2009, 11:10 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
If that doesn't work here's a few guides
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-re...-antivirus-2010
http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-antivirus-2010.html

you'll have to figure out of these are clean ones or now.

here's some reading http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...07045456AADTv4U

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Jan 4 2009, 11:15 PM
Instructor
There are several options. One is to download a free antivirus like AVG and a free antispyware like Search and Destroy and run them. (Obviously you have to use other PC to make the download).
The other option is to get the HD out of the PC and try to get rid of the virus runing the HD like Slave in other PC. Usually the virus won't affect the other HD in the other PC because they are in the Operative Sistem files.
Now I think of those two options.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
sigma7
Jan 5 2009, 12:29 AM
thanks guys it worked it is gone,
skennington: safe mode worked only to a degree, some files were kept there for some reason happy.gif
MickeM: Thanks for the guide, that finished the leftovers of what safemode could not get rid of biggrin.gif
Ramiro: I did download antivirus software and it worked really good. It is called MBAM. Thanks for the suggesstions. biggrin.gif

Thank you so much guys. It prevented me from even entering this site. They need to find the guy who is making these virus' and put him in a hole.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Jan 5 2009, 12:34 AM
Instructor
You're welcome buddy!
I'm glad you got rid of that menace smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 5 2009, 12:35 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Jan 4 2009, 06:29 PM) *
They need to find the guy who is making these virus' and put him in a hole.

I agree man! laugh.gif Glad you got things sorted out. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dreamcatcher
Jan 5 2009, 01:21 AM
Make that hole deep would ya please....just in case he has a virtual ladder

--------------------
" Free Your Mind and Your Axe Will Follow" Vernon Reid (Living Colour)

+Quote Post
sigma7
Jan 5 2009, 01:29 AM
QUOTE (Dreamcatcher @ Jan 4 2009, 07:21 PM) *
Make that hole deep would ya please....just in case he has a virtual ladder

im going to dump virtual scalding oil on him if he tries to crawl out haha

--------------------

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Jan 5 2009, 01:46 AM
I had that for a while. then the pop-ups gave me viruses for more pop-ups, etc, and i eventually had 10,000 viruses. it sucked. get rid of it as fast as you can or your screwed! i recommend the geek squad.

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
Barenaked Ninja
Jan 5 2009, 04:12 AM
Glad you got it all sorted out. My Aunt had something nasty on her computer earlier this spring and I ended up just reformatting it and reinstalling windows.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 5 2009, 10:55 AM
Instructor
I use AVG protection and so far no problems with viruses. Also I am using Free version which you can download from their website.
Worst case scenario is back up all your important data (to DVD's or external hard drive) and format your windows.
Its long and drives people crazy but it gets you back to square one smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 5 2009, 11:00 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Jan 5 2009, 12:29 AM) *
MickeM: Thanks for the guide, that finished the leftovers of what safemode could not get rid of biggrin.gif

Glad I could help smile.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 5 2009, 11:05 AM
Get a program called Malware Bytes it gets rid of everything. I had a similar thing but a different program name. Malware Bytes is free to use and is probably the best out there.

http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-...4-10804572.html

That'll get rid easy.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Jan 5 2009, 11:05 AM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 5 2009, 12:28 PM
Instructor
I HATE those stuff and I'm glad you solved it!!!!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 5 2009, 12:55 PM
Instructor
Aside AVG, it may be wise to install a free antispyware like Spybot. It's a great software that has monitoring abilities so you don't get to any wrong site without being protected.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 5 2009, 01:06 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
I`m glad you got this sorted out, when I read your first post I was "Oh no!!" I got this on my old PC a few months back, like you said, safe mode only cleans it to a certain extent, but even following all the guides that where available (fortunatly I have a laptop at home as well for access) I wasnt able to clean it off completly and it totally ruined my PC, I even gave it to my brother in law (IT engineer) but he wasnt able to get rid of it totally, not without losing much needed and (to me) valuable data.

Still, worked out a great excuse to get a new, updated and better PC! laugh.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:21 AM