Would You Pay This Much For This Guitar?
Chris S.
Aug 20 2011, 04:04 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello,

I've been building guitars for a bit now and have decided to take the risk of starting a small business (I can only pray that it will get me out of my horrible part time job).

The thing is, I'm not sure if people would spend this kind of money for one of my guitars.

Example:

This is the part list to making a strat from my 'Vintage Series':

-Vintage Orange Body - wood is paulownia: VERY light
-Satin maple neck - (neck profile sanded to specs of a 60s strat C-profile)
-Black polycarbonate nut
-6-on-a-plate no-name vintage spec tuners 9mm
-Thick neck plate
-Mother of pearl pickguard and trem cavity cover
-3 overwound pickups handwound to 1963 specs (mid pickup is RW)
-Vintage spec no-name bridge with thicker trem block for more sustain

Those are basically the main parts and hardware used for the strats I build in my 'Vintage Series' - body color and neck wood varies.

The thing is, I would charge $399.99 or about 243 pounds.

Almost all of that is just for the parts, leaving me with a very small amount of profit - and once I get my site up and running so I can do out-of-state/country deals I would offer free shipping.

So I was wondering your opinions on whether or not you would take a shot at buying one of my guitars (hypothetically). If no one thinks its worth the money then I don't feel safe investing too much timeand money into something that just won't work.

Thanks biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:39 AM