Louie Nouveau?, A fresh take on Louie Louie
Blue Willy
May 25 2013, 12:26 AM
GMC:er
Most of the covers of Louie Louie have missed the mark in my opinion because no one seems to know the lyrics.rolleyes.gif Being the age that I am, I remember the original recording by Richard Berry & the Pharaohs from 1958. This was a West Coast regional hit when I was in my sophomore year in high school. The original song is about the days of sailing ships and of a homesick young Jamaican sailor in a far distant port. He tells his bartender about his girl back home and how his ship will sail with the tide to return to Jamaica. A sweet romantic tale, "Louie, Louie, me got to go." wink.gif

This vid was shot September 17, 2012 at the Blue Wing Saloon in Upper Lake, California. I've wanted to do this Caribbean style arrangement for some years but never had the people who could play it until recently. This crew understood completely what I wanted to do and ran with it.

Louie Louie live at the Wing

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Mike

"The business ain't nothin' but the blues!" - Rahsaan Roland Kirk

Inductee in the Blues Hall of Fame, March 14, 2012.

Mike-Wilhelm.com
YouTube: Michael Ray Wilhelm, Blusician, guitar & vocal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 25 2013, 09:49 AM
Instructor
Amazing orchestrations and grooves! Thank you for sharing sir!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 25 2013, 01:37 PM
GMC:er
Great stuff mate!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:45 AM