Ibanez Headless Guitars?
Todd Simpson
Jun 30 2021, 10:11 PM
GMC:er
Yup! The Q series Ibby Headless is coming.

https://www.ibanez.com/usa/products/model/q/

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 30 2021, 10:31 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 30 2021, 10:33 PM
Niice!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
Jun 30 2021, 10:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
I like them a lot, especially the QX527PB.

Interesting to see slanted frets. Not fanned, but slanted. I wonder what they feel like.

(Also, I'm away on holiday, but Ibanez news....had to comment!)

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jun 30 2021, 10:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 1 2021, 06:44 PM
This is blowing up all over the interwebs and youtube. The only thing I don't like so far is the neck profile is 19mm at the nut so it's not the hyper thin profile but it's still slim relative to many builders. It's only 19mm at the base which is new. Usually thicker at the base. I'm very curious to play one of these.

Videos are already going up about these long before anyone can get hold of one smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jun 30 2021, 05:57 PM) *
I like them a lot, especially the QX527PB.

Interesting to see slanted frets. Not fanned, but slanted. I wonder what they feel like.

(Also, I'm away on holiday, but Ibanez news....had to comment!)

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 1 2021, 09:17 PM
Learning Roadie
I understand headless are more economical but I can't get on the train - I just like the headstock. It's part of the guitar's personality. Maybe I'd understand more if I played one

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 1 2021, 10:50 PM
I hate to sound like a traditionalist but I have to agree smile.gif I like headstocks and the Ibby headstock itself. I'm not against headless axes, I want to try these, but it may be a while before I actually buy one.

QUOTE (thefireball @ Jul 1 2021, 04:17 PM) *
I understand headless are more economical but I can't get on the train - I just like the headstock. It's part of the guitar's personality. Maybe I'd understand more if I played one

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 1 2021, 11:10 PM
I've never played one but as a guess, the extra free space may give a lighter feel psychologically.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
Jul 2 2021, 12:12 AM
Learning Rock Star
I had a cheap chinese headless, and while the quality was not great, the weight and feel (not of the neck etc, but of the guitar as an instrument) was great. I REALLY liked that part of it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Jul 2 2021, 10:40 AM
Learning Tone Master
A very good entry level headless guitar is from Harley Benton.

From what I have read, it plays great for the money you will pay (430$).

This post has been edited by Steve Gilfield: Jul 2 2021, 10:41 AM

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jul 2 2021, 02:53 PM
The look I don't mind so much but my hand 'falls off' the guitar when I'm playing in the first position.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 2 2021, 10:39 PM
Thats a great price on the benton! I bet they are even made in the same factory as so many brands are these days. I would like to find a used benton to try out as it would be only $300 or so which would be a great test guitar.

I wish the new ibby headless had thinner necks but that's just me smile.gif
QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Jul 2 2021, 05:40 AM) *
A very good entry level headless guitar is from Harley Benton.

From what I have read, it plays great for the money you will pay (430$).

+Quote Post
PavelD
Jul 3 2021, 11:29 AM
Agreed, headless guitar looks kinda amputated to me.

But I never played one, I can imagine the lighter feel can be amazing.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2021 - 02:09 AM