Best Steve Vai Album?
DeepRoots
Sep 2 2007, 07:05 PM
Get to da Chopper!
I recently heard Vai's for the love of God, live with some orchestra- and it was amazing. Blew me away completly. I was wondering what Vai albums i should buy for this kind of Vai material...you guys have any favourites or suggestions?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
mattacuk
Sep 2 2007, 07:07 PM
Lets go fishing!
Passion and Warefare is my faveiroute, i think alot of others too! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Sep 2 2007, 08:21 PM
GMC:er
I have Alien Love Secrets and Tender Surrender is an amazing guitar ballad like For The Love of God but then with more sounds.

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
Rvddps
Sep 2 2007, 08:32 PM
Well, if you want the orchestrated versions, Vai's new album is Sound Theories Vol I and II, i think they were sold on his site for a short time, but arent released properly yet, but thats all his orchestra pieces with the metropole orchestra.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 2 2007, 09:05 PM
Instructor
Best would be to get all of his albums biggrin.gif

Alien Love Secrets, Passion And Warfare, Alive in an ultra world...

You won't miss whatever album you get! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 2 2007, 10:00 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Alive In An Ultra World.

It has Whispering A Prayer, and next to Iron Maidens Powerslave that is my all time favorite song!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Sep 2 2007, 10:42 PM
Instructor
My two favourites are weirdly enough the two that didn't get a great reaction from the press.
But,
I LOVE
Sex and Religion and the Ultrazon.
Thjey are my favourites.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 2 2007, 11:06 PM
Instructor
Flexable laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
JVM
Sep 2 2007, 11:10 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (muris @ Sep 2 2007, 10:06 AM) *

I like Flex-able leftovers more biggrin.gif

But mostly, I like Alien Love Secrets.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 2 2007, 11:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JVM @ Sep 3 2007, 12:10 AM) *
I like Flex-able leftovers more biggrin.gif

But mostly, I like Alien Love Secrets.

Yep,Juice kicks down the wall!!!!!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 3 2007, 09:43 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Juice Owns.

+Quote Post
JVM
Sep 3 2007, 09:52 AM
Learning Roadie
I also really like the boy from seattle and of course, tender surrender and bad horsie.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
FlyingFin
Sep 5 2007, 12:13 AM
OR you could get the lossless (FLAC) version of Steve Vai - The Infinite Steve Vai An Anthology (2CD), for a quick taste of what he has to offer.

--------------------
Moonsorrow!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 5 2007, 12:49 AM
Instructor
LIVE AT THE ASTORIA !!!! (yeah, it's not an album but it's amazing biggrin.gif)

I'm very influenciated by this DVD

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 5 2007, 01:09 AM
Instructor
Passion and Warfare, Alive in an Ultra zone & Alien love secrets are a must for every electric guitar player. wink.gif

Gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 5 2007, 08:08 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (muris @ Sep 2 2007, 04:06 PM) *

+1 and his stuff with Zappa -particularly the Shut and Play set. Maybe I'm being controversial but I just find that earlier stuff more interesting musically.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:54 AM