Shredding With An Acoustic...impossible ?
VilleFIN
Dec 20 2013, 09:20 PM
Tone Seeker
...Well someone forgot to tell to Zakk about it laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Dec 20 2013, 10:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
Holy crap!! I wonder what gauge string he uses on the acoustic, damn!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Dec 20 2013, 10:25 PM
GMC:er
Awesome...

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 20 2013, 10:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
An acoustic night with zakk wylde seems to be a lot more badass than the average acoustic session biggrin.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 21 2013, 12:22 PM
Instructor
John McLaughlin.

That's my contribution to any thread about shredding on acoustic !

Although, having just watched the vid, that is pretty damn awesome. I didn't realise it was distorted smile.gif He actually seems to play even cleaner on the acoustic than the electric.. or maybe he's just been woodsheddin' like a monster recently.

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Dec 21 2013, 12:26 PM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 21 2013, 12:44 PM
Instructor
Ha ha! Same with me biggrin.gif After seeing the screen didn't expect to hear distortion biggrin.gif Guy really rock. Zakk probably plays hard as hell. Maybe that's why he don't get any noise from other strings (take a close look - he doesn't do a lot of muting job)

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 21 2013, 01:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
that rhythm guitar player almost looks like it was going to be an acoustic jam and then Zak breaks out this shred , and he's thinkin, what the heck have i got myself into

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 21 2013, 02:28 PM
Instructor
It's just not fair biggrin.gif Those guys are totally not mentally prepared for him laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 21 2013, 04:57 PM
Instructor
this is so killer!!! I enjoy this even more than the last time I saw Zakk playing live. There is some fresh air happening when he plays acoustic.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 21 2013, 06:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 21 2013, 11:44 AM) *
Zakk probably plays hard as hell. Maybe that's why he don't get any noise from other strings (take a close look - he doesn't do a lot of muting job)

Excatly.. how the hell does he do that ??? ohmy.gif

Btw, I still can't believe there are people who dare to say the Pentatonic is boring ! Zakk is living proof that it is anything but boring rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 21 2013, 09:09 PM
Instructor
Yep...those are the ones that have never explored it enough biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Dec 21 2013, 09:31 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 21 2013, 06:41 PM) *
Excatly.. how the hell does he do that ??? ohmy.gif

Btw, I still can't believe there are people who dare to say the Pentatonic is boring ! Zakk is living proof that it is anything but boring rolleyes.gif

That statement sort of reminds me of the Less is More comp. Sure there is enough notes in the pentatonic to make it sound interesting...depends on the player and what order surely. smile.gif I know that Zakk is one of the people who actually attracts me to shredding...there is some sort of Dynamic he does that others don't.

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 21 2013, 11:50 PM
Man now i feel like listening to black label society biggrin.gif, haven't listen to them for a long while now

Still one of my favorites from Zakk, it would be.

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Dec 21 2013, 11:52 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 22 2013, 03:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Dec 21 2013, 10:50 PM) *
Man now i feel like listening to black label society biggrin.gif, haven't listen to them for a long while now

Still one of my favorites from Zakk, it would be.

Wow! Thanks for sharin' this! biggrin.gif Yeeehaw! Had no clue about this tune, but it rocks the socks!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:57 AM