Vox Amplug Metal Review
audiopaal
Mar 29 2010, 11:04 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I bought a cheap little thingy from VOX a few days ago..
The VOX AmPlug Metal

Attached Image

It's a little cartrigde with a golden VOX logo, three controls (gain, tone and volume),
on/off switch, red power led, a mini-jack out for headphones (or recording, but I'll get to that later),
a bit of vintage VOX styling and a big piece of jack sticking out underneath (for plugging into your guitar).

It runs on two AAA batteries, and runs for quite some time (if you remember to turn it off after use smile.gif)'

Price:
40 USD.
Great bang for your buck.

Operation:
Plug it into your guitar, put some headphones on your head and ROCK ON! biggrin.gif
It's easy as sunday morning!

Appearance:
Looks great actually! VOX in a box smile.gif

Sound:
The most important thing of the whole review isn't it...?
The sound is good, but it's got a high end fizzle going on that I'm not to fond of..
I mean, it's better than many amp modelers out there and that's a great achievment cosidering it's size and prize.

If you plug a jack into the headphones output, you can record directly through your soundcard.
And that works flawlessly, and sound very well too.

I've recorded a clip with 4 different riffs so you can hear what it's all about smile.gif
To make it sound better, I EQ'ed it a little..

Demo: Attached File  testing_VOX_AmPlug_Metal_2.mp3 ( 4.46MB ) Number of downloads: 1707

Considering what you get for the price, this is a very cool device!
Well worth the money for shredding your ears to a bloody pulp without bothering anyone smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:12 AM