Need A New Amp Suggestions Please
Electric_Blues
Jul 23 2007, 07:42 PM
GMC:er
Hi all

my first post on the forum, i really love this site, it feels like i am getting better everyday.

i need a new amp, my amp has just given in and its gonna cost more to repair than to replace apparently, anyways i didnt really like the amp that much in the first place.

my budget is about £300, i was thinking of getting a marshall avt 275x. anybody got that amp whats it like?

my favrite type of music is a sort of melodic shred, such as joe satriani etc.

thanks very much for all help.

i have tons of effects, just need a good amp now really. all suggestions welcome.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 23 2007, 07:46 PM
Learning Tone Master
I got the avt 50x , what is basically the same amp with only one speaker and no bouilt-in effects. I love this amp because it sounds like a tube amp but still has good clean channel

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 23 2007, 09:27 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Electric_Blues @ Jul 23 2007, 08:42 PM) *
i have tons of effects, just need a good amp now really. all suggestions welcome.

Which may be a contradiction. With a really good amp, who needs tons of effects. Right? smile.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 23 2007, 11:21 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Electric_Blues @ Jul 23 2007, 08:42 PM) *
my budget is about £300, i was thinking of getting a marshall avt 275x. anybody got that amp whats it like?

If you find an AVT275 for 300 GBP I think it's a good deal (if I got the value of GBP correct)

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 24 2007, 01:25 AM
line 6? or mesa boogie.

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Electric_Blues
Jul 25 2007, 06:52 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jul 23 2007, 09:27 PM) *
Which may be a contradiction. With a really good amp, who needs tons of effects. Right? smile.gif

thanks for the replies

totally agree.

probley gonna go and buy a marshall avt 275x they seem about right for my budget.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:30 AM