> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Metal Essentials #10, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

George Hlio
May 8 2020, 11:07 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Original lesson: Metal Essentials #10 by Darius Wave

So my favourite series continues! Minding your feedback from previous RECs I worked more on timing and I used the LOW GAIN option from the neural DSP omega plugin that I am using. Also, I am playing this lesson on my 7 string in B standard, so the last arpeggiated part has a different note due to string difference, but it still is technically played the same and it sounds OK, I think. Hope you like it! Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 8 2020, 03:42 PM
Instructor
Hi George!

This lesson is on the right track but you need to polish some details in order to make it sound more "profesional". The key to improve this take is to focus on chords pitch and overall sound that is a combination of precision, dynamics and amp settings.

There are many chords that are not sounding well tuned. Playing on 7th string guitars or low tuning can be tricky because you need to avoid pitch issues generated by pressing frets with too much strength. This issue makes that most of your power chords are not sounding precise and well tuned.

This thing, combined with a strong right hand picking (mostly when playing single note riffs), and maybe lowering even more your amp gain will make this one sound much better.

Does it make sense?

It's a 6!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 8 2020, 08:53 PM
GMC Founder
I can spot an improvement in the trickier sections here - but you still need to give them more time.

Ie from 00:49 to 00:55 you are struggling to play in time, "chasing" the backing.

Maybe a strategy could be to choose one lesson that aim you to play perfectly for REC, and then you can still practice many others just for fun, in parallel (to stay inspired / motivated).

I don't really feel you are doing your skills justice with these quick takes - I think you would blow us all away with a well prepared one!

You get a 6 from me.

Keep up the hard work!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 9 2020, 02:20 AM
GMC:er
Around 52 seconds there is a scale sort of bit leading back to the rythm that stuck out as one of the parts that could use a bit more spit and polish. I can tell you are grooving to the track which is crucial! You have a good overall feel for this track and it sounds nice and HEAVY! It does feel at times that you are rushing to catch the backing as bits of it seem to get away from you just a pinch. The good news is that your timing seems to have improved since the last one of the series that I saw which is great! These are not easy bits to play so don't beat yourself up about it. It just needs to be broken down in to sections, then focus on each section, and work on stitching them all back together for one piece of music. So I'm happy to say you are getting better each time! I think you could really nail this with just a bit more repetition.

I give this one a solid six but it looks like I accidently hit nine instead. Sorry for the confusion.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 9 2020, 03:38 AM

+Quote Post
Fran
May 9 2020, 08:31 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 9 2020, 03:20 AM) *
I give this one a solid six but it looks like I accidently hit nine instead. Sorry for the confusion.

No problem Todd, I'll take that into account! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 11 2020, 06:06 PM
Instructor
Hey George!

You know I enjoy watching you go through all the series smile.gif I' afraid this one is has a differnt kind of difficulty. There are no fast runs and no tricky fretting shapes but there many spots where a lack of playing discipline comes out. There is too much of unwanted noises - sliding kind of and cracking. There are some imprefections in pitch and position shifts - imprecise hand sync and similar. There is also the biggest issue which is a lack of proper attitude...I mean..to sound liek you mean it. Your playign is very carefull, not condifent enough so there are soem important accents missing and picking strentgh is like averaged. While you know how the rifs go, I would now start the real workout on this lesson becasue it seems like you eneded where the actual work should begin.

+Quote Post
Fran
May 19 2020, 05:45 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:09 AM