When You Hear A Band, what sounds the worst to you?
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 31 2011, 08:34 AM
Instructor
I listened to lot of different bands, and it's definitely important that the whole band plays well and tight, like a whole. However, if you could choose one member of the band that really needs to be good, what would that member be: Singer, drummer, bass player, guitar player, keyboard player? Who must be good?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 31 2011, 10:24 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hard to choose...If the drummer is bad, the whole band won't be in a good rhythm and every song will sound weird...if a guitar is not in tune or the player plays wrong, this would really annoy me...it is not too bad if the singer is off pitch at times...I've seen Ozzy live and still loved his concert despite the fact that he hit quite a bunch of wrong notes...come to think of it, the Ozzy concert showed that the band has to play great to make up for a singers mediocre performance. I can't really choose, I'd say guitar and drums are equally important, followed by the bass.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 31 2011, 01:21 PM
Instructor
In metal, the drummer, all the rest can be mediocre and still get away with it, but if the drummer sucks it all goes down the toilet tongue.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 31 2011, 01:31 PM
Instructor
Drummer and guitarist. If a singer isn't perfect it can still carry enough attitude to work well in a live setting, like Megdaeth for example. But a sloppy drummer and average guitarist can ruin a band for me.. mainly the guitarist.

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jul 31 2011, 05:09 PM
Instructor
The drummer and bassist are the basis of every band! If they are bad, everything else falls!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 31 2011, 05:31 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I would say the rhythm section. They provide the foundation and the glue for the whole band. If they fail there is no groove and guitar and other instruments will sound like they are playing "on their own" - it won't sound like a band.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Jul 31 2011, 05:36 PM
Instructor
+1, drums and bass, everything else can be out of tune tongue.gif (usually is)

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jul 31 2011, 07:09 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'd say the drummer, because even a non-musician can tell when they're off.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 31 2011, 09:00 PM
Instructor
The drummer is the ENGINE of a band...bad engine, bad performance, bad everything smile.gif I am quite obsessed with drummers and I happen to work (lucky me) with a few awesome drummers - every beat tells a story biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:37 PM