Building A Whole Gear!
Pezi J. Baumgart...
Apr 18 2008, 01:05 PM
GMC:er
Hello!

As you may have noticed, i'll buy a Gibson les paul studio wr gh. Until now, the only thing i used was guitar --> simple all in one effect --> amp. thats what i want to change.

My question: is it better to buy all effects seperated in pedals?

Of course i would like to use a tube amp and so on... i mean those long boxes on the speaker... sorry for my crappy explanation^^

please help me to find the right eqipment for a fine rock/metal gear. maybe you can bring some examples!

here's a list of what I think i need (always expandable by YOU)

1. Wah-Wah
2. Distortion/Overdrive
3. Chorus
4. Phaser
5. Delay

last question: What would be the right order to connect all those things?

greetz, pezi

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 18 2008, 01:06 PM
GMC:er
I'd say an EQ pedal is very important for a metal act. Especially if you have more than 2 soloists.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 18 2008, 03:13 PM
Instructor
Yes it is always better to buy pedals. But be carefull what pedals you buy, there's a wide choice for everyone and they are not universal. I recommend Boss for a good starter platform pedals of choice.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 18 2008, 03:22 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Loose pedals are better then a multiFX, but if you've never played with effects, maybe it's good to try something out. If you get a cheap MultiFX (Korg AX3G around 30$, with an expression pedal (AX5G) is around 60$) you can just try all the effects, and then get loose pedals. It's just because maybe a pedal is what? 50$?? and a (cheap) multiFX is the same money for more. It's just some less quality.

ow, and if you want a better MultiFX then take the hint: HACHOOO**Line6***UCH UCH UCH

tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Apr 18 2008, 11:37 PM
Instructor
pedals is good to buy but if you buy a multible effect processors let say from boss or roland like
ME 8 or GT6 or GT8 thats good and profesional

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:13 AM