First Planet To Orbit Backwards
The Uncreator
Aug 13 2009, 11:03 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20090812/sc_...torbitsbackward

WASP found a planet recently that has an opposite rotation of its host star, Which is pretty unique cause every other planet we know of doesn't do this.

Even though its 1,000 light years away its probably some doomsday device for some alien race that its coming for us :lol

I can already see this being put into a movie.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Aug 13 2009, 11:25 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Wow didnt know that, I hate it all those other planets are that far away. sad.gif
Who wouldnt like a jamsession on pluto ... biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Canis
Aug 13 2009, 12:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
Interesting...

I wonder how it would feel like if Earth was in such a near-miss with another planet and started orbiting the other way.. If we would notice the rotation or not.. Maybe it would be like an extreme version of standing in a bus when it turns..

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 13 2009, 12:51 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Oh lord Aphophis! And for WASP to make such a discovery... unsure.gif I kind of always knew they had more brains that they showed back in the 80's when aping around. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
twist
Aug 13 2009, 12:59 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Mrblomme @ Aug 13 2009, 12:25 PM) *
Wow didnt know that, I hate it all those other planets are that far away. sad.gif
Who wouldnt like a jamsession on pluto ... biggrin.gif

uhhh, big mistake smile.gif Pluto is not a planet anymore wink.gif

Besides that, interesting thing smile.gif

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 14 2009, 11:27 AM
QUOTE (Canis @ Aug 13 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Interesting...

I wonder how it would feel like if Earth was in such a near-miss with another planet and started orbiting the other way.. If we would notice the rotation or not.. Maybe it would be like an extreme version of standing in a bus when it turns..

We would probably die laugh.gif

And secondly....

Pluto is a planet! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Aug 14 2009, 11:36 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Aug 14 2009, 12:27 PM) *
We would probably die laugh.gif

And secondly....

Pluto is a planet! smile.gif

Twist is right smile.gif

A time ago they said that Pluto isnt a planet anymore because it's to small. smile.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 14 2009, 12:09 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (MickeM @ Aug 13 2009, 12:51 PM) *
Oh lord Aphophis! And for WASP to make such a discovery... unsure.gif I kind of always knew they had more brains that they showed back in the 80's when aping around. biggrin.gif

I can just imagine Blackie Lawless with a telescope!!!!
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Animal. ( I watch Stars like a Beast!!!)

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Aug 14 2009, 12:39 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Canis
Aug 14 2009, 01:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
Aaah, noooow I got the WASP joke tongue.gif

I might get some enemies by saying this, but I guess I'm too young laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 14 2009, 10:35 PM
Pluto to me is a planet and always will be, Just because they change the definition of a planet, doesnt mean Pluto isn't one, At least to me laugh.gif

What about all those rhymes your taught to remember planets names and order? They are useless now! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 14 2009, 11:26 PM
Instructor
I learned in school that Pluto is a planet! Now I feel cheated sad.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 15 2009, 12:34 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Dear oh dear dwarf planet! What ever would Mickey say rolleyes.gif .

btw this news made BBC Radio 4 so for once my wife and I actually had something of common interest to talk about wink.gif . Made a change form the usual:

Her, 'Ed Grundy [R4 Archers serial] is ill'

Me, 'Grunt, snarl'

Me, 'Les Paul died'

Her, 'Who? Is he in The Archers?'

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Skalde
Aug 15 2009, 01:13 AM
Learning Roadie
only dead planets go with the flow

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:58 PM