2 Pages V   1 2 >  
So It's Christmas Time Soon And...
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 3 2016, 03:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
...my parents keep asking me for a wish list, but I'm not sure what to wish for! I don't know what the price limit is, but obviously it's not like a new guitar or something. So something smaller in the price range of $0 to $200, I suppose.

Any suggestions for something gear related? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 3 2016, 03:33 PM
GMC:er
Tbh don't care at all about presents, all that matters is my grandma food and i am set.
BUT I am always grateful for guitar picks, strings, jacks. tongue.gif Your basic "survival" material.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 3 2016, 03:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Dec 3 2016, 03:33 PM) *
Tbh don't care at all about presents, all that matters is my grandma food and i am set.
BUT I am always grateful for guitar picks, strings, jacks. tongue.gif Your basic "survival" material.

Of course, for me the food is the best! But I won't complain if my parents wanna give me something useful tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 3 2016, 03:44 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 3 2016, 02:38 PM) *
Of course, for me the food is the best! But I won't complain if my parents wanna give me something useful tongue.gif

Well for the price that you stated, i would probably add a guitar pedal to the wish list.
But that's because pedals to me are just like shoes to a lady.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 3 2016, 04:41 PM
biggrin.gif

I can't remember your rig but a guitar pedal seems like a good option, or a bunch of guitar pedals? https://www.boss.info/us/products/gt-1/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 3 2016, 04:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Mertay @ Dec 3 2016, 04:41 PM) *
biggrin.gif

I can't remember your rig but a guitar pedal seems like a good option, or a bunch of guitar pedals? https://www.boss.info/us/products/gt-1/

My rig is just my guitar into my audiocard and BIAS amp smile.gif I'm not really a pedal kinda guy anymore, though I do miss having pedals or multi effect pedals smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 3 2016, 04:56 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 3 2016, 03:49 PM) *
My rig is just my guitar into my audiocard and BIAS amp smile.gif I'm not really a pedal kinda guy anymore, though I do miss having pedals or multi effect pedals smile.gif

Cool, you can benefit from a dirty/clean boost pedal or an overdrive as this is how I work.

As you drive your signal from a pedal, it compresses and you can send a much hotter signal to the soundcard without clipping. I currently use a ts9 and an ibanez bb9, the nicer stuff are like xotic rc boost, TC electronic spark (great guitar eq too) etc....just give it a thought wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 3 2016, 05:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Mertay @ Dec 3 2016, 04:56 PM) *
Cool, you can benefit from a dirty/clean boost pedal or an overdrive as this is how I work.

As you drive your signal from a pedal, it compresses and you can send a much hotter signal to the soundcard without clipping. I currently use a ts9 and an ibanez bb9, the nicer stuff are like xotic rc boost, TC electronic spark (great guitar eq too) etc....just give it a thought wink.gif

What's the advantage on using a real ts9 vs a plugin of the same sort?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 3 2016, 06:27 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 3 2016, 04:00 PM) *
What's the advantage on using a real ts9 vs a plugin of the same sort?

Well first of all you get the real-deal sound and feel of the unit, emulations are always great and actually very close sounding (side-by-side comparison though usually its not too hard to detect the real unit) but the guitar on my fingertips always feels different. I actually struggled going between real amps and computer cause of this feel difference and pedals helped me with that.

When direct connected, the guitar has lots of dynamics as the reason it can clip easier. But when you drive it(before soundcard), although we hear similar levels the signal (waveform) gets compressed/narrowed so the we can even use more gain inside the soundcard so the plug-in gets a richer signal.

But a tubescreamer (or a boss sd1) doesn't work with everything as its cuts bass and add mid.s. Great for many things but not everything. Great as a distortion (mostly powerchord stuff) booster or for blues in a fender amp when set lesser output.

As an alternative we have pedals that don't cut bass or add mid.s like the xotic or tc.electronic pedals I mentioned. Blues guys use these for subtle tone shaping or as a volume boost when they want to solo. These also compress the signal but more subtle than a tubescreamer, still shreddy though as I know Paul gilbert used an rc booster for a while (currently using tc electronic mojomojo+ts9dx, I'll try finding the video).

edit; The video, I guess the marshall is set clean, the mojomojo is driven but the ts9dx boosts the mojomojo for that solo sound;

imagine the clean marshall is your bias plug-in, you can set the mojomojo (or any overdrive pedal) before the soundcard to get such effect and sure the amp doesn't have to be clean to get metal sounds.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Dec 3 2016, 06:38 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 4 2016, 01:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Mertay @ Dec 3 2016, 06:27 PM) *
Well first of all you get the real-deal sound and feel of the unit, emulations are always great and actually very close sounding (side-by-side comparison though usually its not too hard to detect the real unit) but the guitar on my fingertips always feels different. I actually struggled going between real amps and computer cause of this feel difference and pedals helped me with that.

When direct connected, the guitar has lots of dynamics as the reason it can clip easier. But when you drive it(before soundcard), although we hear similar levels the signal (waveform) gets compressed/narrowed so the we can even use more gain inside the soundcard so the plug-in gets a richer signal.

But a tubescreamer (or a boss sd1) doesn't work with everything as its cuts bass and add mid.s. Great for many things but not everything. Great as a distortion (mostly powerchord stuff) booster or for blues in a fender amp when set lesser output.

As an alternative we have pedals that don't cut bass or add mid.s like the xotic or tc.electronic pedals I mentioned. Blues guys use these for subtle tone shaping or as a volume boost when they want to solo. These also compress the signal but more subtle than a tubescreamer, still shreddy though as I know Paul gilbert used an rc booster for a while (currently using tc electronic mojomojo+ts9dx, I'll try finding the video).

edit; The video, I guess the marshall is set clean, the mojomojo is driven but the ts9dx boosts the mojomojo for that solo sound;

imagine the clean marshall is your bias plug-in, you can set the mojomojo (or any overdrive pedal) before the soundcard to get such effect and sure the amp doesn't have to be clean to get metal sounds.

Thanks! I've put it on my wishlist smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 4 2016, 01:45 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
THIS is a Christmas gift kinda thing I think smile.gif Also as everyone else is saying, PEDALS smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 4 2016, 01:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 4 2016, 01:45 PM) *
THIS is a Christmas gift kinda thing I think smile.gif Also as everyone else is saying, PEDALS smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif It looks handy enough, though I already have an unpowered one, which does the job pretty decently smile.gif

I've put a TS9 on the list smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 4 2016, 02:12 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 4 2016, 12:48 PM) *

Cool smile.gif one easy test I'd recommend to do; download a free ts9 plug-in like this one https://www.tseaudio.com/software/tse808

I have a ts9 and a friend of mine has a ts9dx. Basic difference is the regular ts9 sound more lively compared to the ts9dx while the ts9dx can add bass when the 4 position knob is turned (first position is the same bass responce with a regular ts9).

On DAW, place the free ts9 plug-in before your bias amp and see if the missing bass is something you want or not (not haveing bass gives a tighter sound so its a matter of preference wether its a good or bad thing). If you think the lower bass isn't for you, get a ts9dx instead.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Dec 4 2016, 02:14 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 4 2016, 02:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Mertay @ Dec 4 2016, 02:12 PM) *
Cool smile.gif one easy test I'd recommend to do; download a free ts9 plug-in like this one https://www.tseaudio.com/software/tse808

I have a ts9 and a friend of mine has a ts9dx. Basic difference is the regular ts9 sound more lively compared to the ts9dx while the ts9dx can add bass when the 4 position knob is turned (first position is the same bass responce with a regular ts9).

On DAW, place the free ts9 plug-in before your bias amp and see if the missing bass is something you want or not (not haveing bass gives a tighter sound so its a matter of preference wether its a good or bad thing). If you think the lower bass isn't for you, get a ts9dx instead.

I have that plugin already, and always use it smile.gif I've not noticed any problems, even if I'm not 100% happy with my tone, but who ever is?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 4 2016, 02:59 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 4 2016, 01:41 PM) *
I have that plugin already, and always use it smile.gif I've not noticed any problems, even if I'm not 100% happy with my tone, but who ever is?

Great! I'm sure you'll enjoy it then smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 4 2016, 03:51 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 4 2016, 12:48 PM) *
Thanks smile.gif It looks handy enough, though I already have an unpowered one, which does the job pretty decently smile.gif

I have one of THESE, if you get one you'll never go back to a manual wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 5 2016, 02:19 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 3 2016, 04:49 PM) *

1 pedal = 1 effect, which is good if you are playing live , if not , Bias fx sounds like a good match to your amp

+Quote Post
klasaine
Dec 5 2016, 03:46 PM
I'd go for one of these ... http://www.tcelectronic.com/toneprint/toneprint-products/
TC toneprint pedals.
The reverbs and delays give you several presets loaded into the pedal and with a free phone app or computer (android or iphone - mac or pc) you can upload to the pedal dozens of artist presets.

The 'Hall of Fame' reverb and 'Alter Ego V2' delay are my my two favorites.
http://www.tcelectronic.com/hall-of-fame-reverb/
http://www.tcelectronic.com/alter-ego-2-vintage-echo/

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 11 2016, 10:01 PM
How about a Line 6 foot controller than can let you use software WAH and switch patches on your guitar plugins? smile.gif They are USB connectable to any computer. Here is a vid of a guy using it to control Guitar Rig

The top of the line foot controller from them is $250, the starter is $99. Just a thought smile.gif

http://line6.com/foot-controllers/

Or just pick a plugin!

Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 3 2016, 11:49 AM) *

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 11 2016, 10:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
I wonder if that will work with BIAS? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:14 AM