Question For The Classical Guitarists, Temporary Finger Nails ?
aiki boy
Jul 13 2009, 08:29 PM
GMC:er
Hi all,

I had a question about fingernails. I'm a massage therapist so I can't have long finger nails, and I was wondering if some of you have the same problem of not being able to have long nails permanentely. Are you able to get some type of temporary nails for when you play that are removable when you're not playing?

Thanks, Tom

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
sted
Jul 13 2009, 09:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
im sure i read about these things, I think Martin Taylor uses them, maybe it was a DIY type of thing though?!?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jul 13 2009, 11:31 PM
Instructor
I believe there are solutions but the best sound for classical guitar is only with the natural nails.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
aiki boy
Jul 14 2009, 06:53 AM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jul 13 2009, 03:31 PM) *
I believe there are solutions but the best sound for classical guitar is only with the natural nails.
Do you know what some of the solutions might be ? I only play finger style a little bit, since I spend most of my time working on your lessions with the electric. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jul 14 2009, 09:56 AM
Instructor
I found these links they might havesome useful information

http://www.mangore.com/thing.html

http://guitarplayernails.com/instructions2.htm

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Jul 14 2009, 02:08 PM
Instructor
I kno that Savarez sells a kit to make your own fingernails for the ocations. And also know a proffesional player Alfredo Muro the has trouble with very weak nails so he goes twice a month to get a pedicure make them some "portable" nails.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
aiki boy
Jul 14 2009, 03:59 PM
Cool, thanks for the help guys. smile.gif

+Quote Post
methodseeker
Jul 14 2009, 04:47 PM
Learning Roadie
I would be very cautious about using any kind of glue-on nail extension. There's some evidence that these can increase your susceptibility to nail fungus, which is extremely difficult to get rid of.

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 14 2009, 05:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
http://media.photobucket.com/image/finger%...gerSteel_EB.jpg ?? Fingerplectrums wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:24 AM