2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Pure Steel - Metal Collab - Joe Kataldo, FINAL MIX & COMMENTS!
enforcer
Jan 1 2009, 04:18 AM
GMC:er
You all imagine!!! There is no final comments no collaboration and there is no spoon. Its just you and your imagination.

What is the matrix?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 1 2009, 03:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
Final comments are here! Great! I would have liked a little more critique though sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 1 2009, 03:52 PM
Yup, finally! Thanx Joe cool.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
ztevie
Jan 1 2009, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the comments, Joe! And great work all participants...

I'm glad you didn't mention my timing on the longer runs, I was not very happy with the take, I didn't practice it enough due to time pressure, so the faster runs was not very precise, half improvised. But I got away with it in your comment biggrin.gif
I think your spot on in most comments, especially about try to keep interest throughout the solo.

About tone: Yeah, always in the search for a decent tone. I used pod for this, and cheap PC-speakers to monitor, it's not the best of environment.. But I'll keep in mind what you said about boost the mids, of course the tone cuts better in mix with more mid...

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post
Toroso
Jan 1 2009, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the comments and collab Joe! smile.gif Looking forward to the next.

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jan 1 2009, 07:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ztevie @ Jan 1 2009, 03:54 PM) *
Thanks for the comments, Joe! And great work all participants...

I'm glad you didn't mention my timing on the longer runs, I was not very happy with the take, I didn't practice it enough due to time pressure, so the faster runs was not very precise, half improvised. But I got away with it in your comment biggrin.gif
I think your spot on in most comments, especially about try to keep interest throughout the solo.

About tone: Yeah, always in the search for a decent tone. I used pod for this, and cheap PC-speakers to monitor, it's not the best of environment.. But I'll keep in mind what you said about boost the mids, of course the tone cuts better in mix with more mid...

The point on timing is that wasn't so much evident, so I let it pass, good enough to not be criticized biggrin.gif

anyway about tone was just a suggestion on tone setting, I think you will benefit from a more mid-ranging sound wink.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 1 2009, 03:49 PM) *
Final comments are here! Great! I would have liked a little more critique though sad.gif

Well actually I think I've already been a bad-ass mad.gif on this collabs, reading back I've been a lot critic, and "hair-splitting" on comments and suggestions, but...because you asked tongue.gif I can be even more pedant:

something wrong on intonation when you play the final sweeps, maybe you push too much on the beginning note, making it sharp or saddle intonation on your instrument, on higher frets is not correct

for the rests, really is a good played solo wink.gif

This post has been edited by Joe Kataldo: Jan 1 2009, 07:05 PM

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 1 2009, 08:28 PM
enforcer

Impressive picking techniques and articulation, ideas are good and interesting specially the final harmony part...two things: try to work more on bending intonation and that second part at 00:13 comes in, too much disconnected from the first one, if you used overdubs, do not cut the tail of the first solo

those are exactly the same problems I discovered after a few days. Thank you man biggrin.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jan 1 2009, 09:16 PM
Instructor
Just minus details to make it a record-proof solo smile.gif

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 2 2009, 03:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Joe Kataldo @ Jan 1 2009, 07:12 PM) *
Well actually I think I've already been a bad-ass mad.gif on this collabs, reading back I've been a lot critic, and "hair-splitting" on comments and suggestions, but...because you asked tongue.gif I can be even more pedant:

something wrong on intonation when you play the final sweeps, maybe you push too much on the beginning note, making it sharp or saddle intonation on your instrument, on higher frets is not correct

for the rests, really is a good played solo wink.gif

Thanks, Joe! That's the way I like it; a little on the positive side and a little on the negative side. I've come to realise, that even though I sometimes think "That was a brilliant take, Ben" (that's my name, by the way) and I then get disappointed when someone else is critizising my take, I find that it really makes me work harder on my playing.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
ztevie
Jan 2 2009, 05:22 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 2 2009, 03:09 PM) *
Thanks, Joe! That's the way I like it; a little on the positive side and a little on the negative side. I've come to realise, that even though I sometimes think "That was a brilliant take, Ben" (that's my name, by the way) and I then get disappointed when someone else is critizising my take, I find that it really makes me work harder on my playing.

Critique is good. Sometimes critique from people who are not guitarists, or musicians at all, is the best..
For example, my wife can tell me something like: It's ok, but you should change tempo more, it gets kind of static when everything runs fluidly in the same tempo. Or: No, no, no... do something else, it just doesn't sound good!
She's not musical at all, but she see things from another perspective. She can't analyze technique, speed, cool licks or ig the intonation is bad, and she don't get impressed by monster Paul Gilbert licks.. She only use her ears and decide what sounds good to her, and that's it..
Surprisingly often I agree with her, after some time pass by, and I listen to old stuff...

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jan 3 2009, 07:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ztevie @ Jan 2 2009, 05:22 PM) *
Critique is good. Sometimes critique from people who are not guitarists, or musicians at all, is the best..
For example, my wife can tell me something like: It's ok, but you should change tempo more, it gets kind of static when everything runs fluidly in the same tempo. Or: No, no, no... do something else, it just doesn't sound good!
She's not musical at all, but she see things from another perspective. She can't analyze technique, speed, cool licks or ig the intonation is bad, and she don't get impressed by monster Paul Gilbert licks.. She only use her ears and decide what sounds good to her, and that's it..
Surprisingly often I agree with her, after some time pass by, and I listen to old stuff...

Yeah, good point to discuss, sometime we are too much in the "Guitar World" to be objective with criticism, and it's realli important hear what non-guitarists or not musician at all have to say smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oxac
Jan 4 2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the critisism Joe. I think it's about the same as I got in Pedjazz collab. I need to structure up my playing so to speak. I enjoyed playing over the backing and I hope to join your later collabs. I will have to work on my structure first, perhaps by blues soloing.

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jan 4 2009, 04:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Oxac @ Jan 4 2009, 10:41 AM) *
Thanks for the critisism Joe. I think it's about the same as I got in Pedjazz collab. I need to structure up my playing so to speak. I enjoyed playing over the backing and I hope to join your later collabs. I will have to work on my structure first, perhaps by blues soloing.

Blues soloing with call&answer structure is a good start wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jan 4 2009, 04:12 PM
Yeah, thanks for the comments... Its good to hear someones point of view

I guess its back to the metronome for me for awhile

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Jan 5 2009, 12:09 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Thanks for the collab and comments Joe smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jan 5 2009, 01:49 AM
Instructor
Your Welcome Guys, If you appreciated, I'll make more biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ztevie
Jan 5 2009, 05:51 AM
Yeah, keep 'em coming... Just one wish though: I like collaborations where the backing is a song, and the participants gets a specific part of the song to play. So one guy play the intro, and then you divide the song into verse, chorus, brídge maybe, maybe even some scale changes also somewhere in there..
The tune gets more interesting to listen to, instead of having the same pattern repeat many times.
Just a thought.. wink.gif I understand it takes more work from you, and you need to spend more time with a colab like that.

--------------------
Gear:
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jan 5 2009, 10:11 AM
Instructor
Nice Suggestion, thanks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 5 2009, 10:33 AM
QUOTE (Joe Kataldo @ Jan 3 2009, 07:00 PM) *
Yeah, good point to discuss, sometime we are too much in the "Guitar World" to be objective with criticism, and it's realli important hear what non-guitarists or not musician at all have to say smile.gif

well.... few weeks ago there was a small argue on one of polish forums - about Steve Vai. He is a guitar god, we all know... technically saying, he can do everything. But... he often misses "something". This "something" is the key.

So - yeah, criticism from people not musically educated is a great thing, we should always give our tunes to them for rehearsal.

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:46 PM