3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Gorgoroth, Slottsfjell 2007
Robin
Jul 23 2007, 02:12 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (LanceB @ Jul 23 2007, 04:10 AM) *
Fenriz and Nocturno have to be the coolest people in Black Metal.This interview cracks me up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh2-MeMuDuI laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yeah thats a really cool interview.

"Latelly I've been into some boring thrash" biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 23 2007, 03:15 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Robin @ Jul 22 2007, 11:25 PM) *
"Black metal is like opera. You got to train your ear to like it".

Man, that is a pretty brilliant quote, I love Opera as well and i know exactly what he is saying smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Robin
Jul 23 2007, 03:19 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 23 2007, 02:15 PM) *
Man, that is a pretty brilliant quote, I love Opera as well and i know exactly what he is saying smile.gif

Indeed. Thanks for fixing the "The" to a "To" biggrin.gif typo

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 23 2007, 03:34 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Haha, no problem smile.gif

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jul 24 2007, 10:10 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Jul 22 2007, 03:13 PM) *
They had this really crazy concert in Italy once, with alot of blood and stuff, and people crucified upside down. I remember someone said that they kinda wanted to recreate that concert. They did not crucify anyone, but they had the whole freakin package!!! Around 20 sheep heads on stakes and alot of torches beetween, corpse paint, leather and spikes! Freakin unbelievable, it was soooo great. We were standing infront, headbanging like crazy!! It was SOOOOOOOO freakin good I cant describe it.
In the end one of the guitarists threw a sheep head to the audience, I touched it! biggrin.gif

(I'm so gonna get it now from the administrators becuase of the picture, but it was worth showing it)

Are the sheep heads really necessary?I mean, do you SERIOUSLY need chopped off sheep heads on stakes at your concert?

--------------------

+Quote Post
FlyingFin
Sep 3 2007, 06:22 AM
I'm gonna see Gorgoroth in a few weeks foe the first time together with about 10 other bands. It'll be great!

And yeah, black metal sure is quite extreme, but you need to listen to it a lot. I like many Finnish bands, like Moonsorrow and Horna. Those use a lot of variety in their songs and albums, especially Moonsorrow. They use many folk instruments and such which adds a nice touch.

Anyway, can't wait to watch Gorgoroth smile.gif

--------------------
Moonsorrow!

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 4 2007, 08:40 AM
QUOTE (FlyingFin @ Sep 3 2007, 05:22 AM) *
I'm gonna see Gorgoroth in a few weeks foe the first time together with about 10 other bands. It'll be great!

And yeah, black metal sure is quite extreme, but you need to listen to it a lot. I like many Finnish bands, like Moonsorrow and Horna. Those use a lot of variety in their songs and albums, especially Moonsorrow. They use many folk instruments and such which adds a nice touch.

Anyway, can't wait to watch Gorgoroth smile.gif

You should really look forward to Gorgoroth!! Best live band I've seen so far, they are just great.

+Quote Post
Ayen
Sep 7 2007, 10:35 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 23 2007, 04:23 AM) *
come on, they grunt. like wild hogs. come on, get real! this is worse than some of the rap. never thought i would see anything that awful. if they would just try to be a bit normal, and use that music in a better way, what most people consider sane, they might have something.
no excuse for this, if they took it out of the slaughter houses, the sheep died for entertainment, and I consider that highly immoral. it is immoral.

they have a nice sound, I admit that, just don't know the reason for the grunting, and some of the other stuff. what would mozart say? case closed.

Don't forget though, what one person may hate in music, the other might love. That's the brilliance of it. Though I don't really like the dead sheep, or the vocals, others love it, and that's reason enough to at least give it a chance. I know I hated lots of things at first, but after a while I got used to it and eventually really enjoy whatever it is.

Calling it flat-out awful is just picking on it.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Jan 21 2009, 01:48 AM
I know this thing is like 2 years old but, would a 13-14 year old kid get murdered at a gorgoroth concert? I'm thinking about going to one, but i've heard some stories that I would probably get yelled at for telling on this site.

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jan 21 2009, 07:29 AM
Its pretty impossible to see Gorgorth this time of year especially with all the lawsuit and legal stuff that's been happening with the band. If you live in US, then you might be more out of luck since Gorgorth doesn't come to US that often. As far as the concert go, I don't see how its anymore extreme than other Metal concerts. If you've been to one, its mostly just people standing around, headbanging, and mosh pits. If you see a gap in the middle of a crowd, then that is the pit area.

I don't see how anyone would get killed or trampled in concerts, unless you P'oed a bunch of drunken metal heads with hardcore dancing. Stand around, headbang and watch the band play, and Im sure nothing will happened to you. Also, usually at real metal concerts (and I mean the shows that only Metalheads would go to, no scene fans or tough guy hardcore kids going to. Its not gonna happen at Gorgorth concert though since there extreme ways have ventured to the realm of scene kids), then its a pretty safe environment. Chances are if you open up to people, you will meet new friends.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 21 2009, 04:37 PM
+1 to VinceG's comment. Where country are you from? I suspect the US...

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Jan 21 2009, 09:32 PM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Jan 21 2009, 01:29 AM) *
Its pretty impossible to see Gorgorth this time of year especially with all the lawsuit and legal stuff that's been happening with the band. If you live in US, then you might be more out of luck since Gorgorth doesn't come to US that often.

yeah, i live in the US. that sucks. What have they gotten into now with lawsuites?

--------------------

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jan 21 2009, 09:48 PM
Good for them. Bands like that shouldn't be allowed to play. Sheeps at stakes? The lyrics? Give me a break. You guys can like it as much as you want, but this is not music to me nor is it something that I would allow if I were in the government.

edited for language - Tony

This post has been edited by tonymiro: Jan 22 2009, 10:30 AM

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Jan 21 2009, 10:17 PM
QUOTE (SonofDestiny @ Jan 21 2009, 03:48 PM) *
Good for them. Bands like that shouldn't be allowed to play. Sheeps at stakes? The lyrics? Give me a break. You guys can like it as much as you want, but this is not music to me nor is it something that I would allow if I were in the government.

What you just posted is ALOT more offensive to me than any Band, Gorgoroth have as much right to play thier music as any other band in this world.

Censorship sucks!
Have a nice day

This post has been edited by tonymiro: Jan 22 2009, 10:31 AM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Mandos
Jan 21 2009, 10:35 PM
QUOTE (SonofDestiny @ Jan 21 2009, 09:48 PM) *

Sorry, but complaining about lyrics is one of the silliest things ever. If people don't enjoy them they can listen to something else. We all treasure the freedom of speach and lyrics are just lyrics. I mean the whole black metal scene would cease to exist if they got thrown into jail for singing about killing christians and whatnot.

This post has been edited by tonymiro: Jan 22 2009, 10:32 AM

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Jan 21 2009, 10:54 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Jul 22 2007, 09:54 PM) *
Yeah he's kinda childish, I mean, they are REALLY into being totally black. But I think they are exaggerating alot just to keep their image going. He is a 100% regular guy in real life(some of them are criminals though, rape and violience, but apart from that Gorgoroth seems like a regular nice guys).

Thats whats so cool about any heavy metal band, death, power, or black. Pretty much everyone in the band are all good people, and they are nice, but their image is all freaky.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mandos
Jan 21 2009, 10:57 PM
Most people that are into death/black etc that I know are the nicest people in the world. I have the theory that we put all our rage into the music and get much calmer and more laid back after we've gotten our dose. wink.gif

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Jan 21 2009, 11:09 PM
QUOTE (Mandos @ Jan 21 2009, 04:57 PM) *
Most people that are into death/black etc that I know are the nicest people in the world. I have the theory that we put all our rage into the music and get much calmer and more laid back after we've gotten our dose. wink.gif

I know, i always meet some people at a metal concert that are just the coolest people ever.

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jan 22 2009, 01:53 AM
If you don't like the music, then turn away. Theres people that enjoy it like I do, so shut up and deal with it. Your acting like a kid moaning because your offended. Big deal, grow up. As far as the music goes, Black Metal is pretty safe environment. Yes some of them have committed murder, but that's there own belief, not because its to be black and brutal. When you think about the amount of death in Black Metal, its only ranging less than 3. One of them is still in prison (Varg), 2 is dead (Euronymous and Nödtveidt).

To answer the question of G-foreceluver, Gorgorth has recently split up into 2 bands. There is the Gaahl Gorgorth and the Infernus Gorgorth. Im not sure on the whole detail, but I think Gaahl and Infernus got mad at each other and decided to split the band apart The big question is "who gets to keep the name Gorgorth?". Is it Gaahl or Infernus? So that's where the whole thing about the lawsuit. I'm not sure why they don't go to US that often. I'm sure its the same way that Mayhem doesn't go to US. Too much conservative Christians babbling on about Satanic Rituals happening in US soil. Bunch of BS I say.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jan 22 2009, 02:12 AM
I don't know if I can add anything to this except the obvious comment that should have been made already.

So Gaahl came out as a homosexual, did you see that one coming?

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:01 AM