> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Nainvisible's Groove Lab
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 28 2013, 10:11 AM
Instructor
Howdy amigo! Welcome to your very own mentoring thread smile.gif This is where we build your grooving and rhythm skills, so before we start, please share your story with me smile.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nainvisible
Jan 28 2013, 11:06 AM
GMC:er
Hi.

I have played the guitar for more than 10 years but not ever really seriously. But since 2 months I do it really seriously, maybe about at least 2 hours a day.

I started playing on acoustic guitar for a couple of years, the I bought a squier startocaster. Then I tried the experience with a BC rich beast, but not really a good guitar for me. I wanted something much more simple so I choose the jim root fender telecaster.

I played in two bands but I don't have one anymore. I'm looking after one for the moment.

I'm mainly influenced by trhash metal with metallica obviously and also death angel, exodus, slayer, pantera...

I also listen things like stone sour, slipknot, SOAD, Black stone cherry, otep, rammstein.

I'm mainly a rythmn guitar player, I don't know a solo at all : )

I don't have a big theorical knowledge. I know the major scale and that's all.

So this is what I can say about me.

Pierre

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 28 2013, 08:11 PM
Instructor
Alright Pierre - here's what I suggest we do - I'll take you through the world of rhythm playing in as many situations as possible, by tackling various rhythm based lessons from GMC as tasks - you record them as close to perfection as possible and we discuss them after that to see what elements you can use in your own songs. Also, if you have compositions, we can discuss those as well! biggrin.gif

How does this sound to you mate?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
nainvisible
Jan 28 2013, 11:05 PM
Ok,

I'm working on the lesson "basic metal rythmn". It's not perfect for the moment, I'm working on it and I will send you a video probably at the begining of the next week.

Pierre

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 29 2013, 09:10 AM
Instructor
It's very good like this - focus on it and finish the recording as good as possible and we'll discuss on the take to see what the next step is smile.gif

+Quote Post
nainvisible
Feb 2 2013, 12:14 AM
Hi Cosmin,

Here is my first take with the lesson Basic Metal.

I'm not totaly satisfied of this one.

Let's discuss on it. I really need to change my strings, 9-42 is really to horrible...

This post has been edited by nainvisible: Feb 2 2013, 12:16 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 2 2013, 08:51 AM
Instructor
Hey there buddy smile.gif

I think you are close with this one, but there are a few things which you need to take care of:

- timing and tightness - a lot of phrases are not played in good timing - this is due to the fact that you haven't yet understood where everything is being played
- clean playing - there's a bit of unwanted noise here and there during the take

My suggestion is to record at a slower speed - 75% of the total speed, would be great I think, but before that try to record against the original recording and listen to yourself then - you'll figure out the places where you are not 100% synced with the original recording and thus be able to correct them smile.gif

How does this sound? Regarding the strings - for standard tuning, you could go with 10-46 and it'll sound crispier with strings not so loose smile.gif What sort of brand do you use?

+Quote Post
nainvisible
Feb 2 2013, 04:49 PM
Hey!!

I changed my strings with ernie ball 10-46 its much more better now!!!

Here is the second take. Let's see how it sound.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 3 2013, 02:18 PM
Instructor
Hey man smile.gif It's great to know it feels better on the hands, but the stuff that we have talked about still persists - indeed it's better - but it can be perfect, so, have you tried any of the things I suggested? smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
nainvisible
Feb 4 2013, 06:57 PM
Hi Cosmin,

Can you tell me where you find I'm not in the timing because I don't find where on myself : )

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 5 2013, 09:23 AM
Instructor
After min 1:00 there are slight delays when shifting positions and let me ask you another thing - there is a certain something in the recording which seems to sound detuned against the guitar - it's not the guitar in any case!... Am I going crazy? laugh.gif What's going on there? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:48 PM