Here I Am Once Again, alt. picking woes
jstcrsn
May 31 2010, 04:15 PM
Learning Tone Master
I thought I was improving , but the last few weeks have been horrible
I worked one scale up to 18o bpm 4 notes per beat- was starting to get a little exited and then blam
today was even having trouble holding the pick at 70, 80 and 90 bpm's, and that is so mach slower then I can play
it is just driving me crazy, don't know how to get over this hurdle ,had to put the guitar down just so i wouldn't smash it

I know we all have bad days , but are there days when you can't even go half the speed you have been playing at?
and if so was there any thing you did to push through it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jun 3 2010, 12:03 PM
Jazz Instructor
Well, that isn't matter of will. Your body is under strain after hours of playing, so...
You can only rest, you're overtrained, to put it in bodybuilding jargon! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 4 2010, 02:44 AM
Instructor
Like Vasilije said, you had intensive workout and muscles need time to relax. Your brain also needs time to settle down the muscle memory properly.
Don't be impatient when playing guitar wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:03 PM