> Behind The Scenes - Film Composingg For "dr Sleep"
Todd Simpson
post Yesterday, 08:13 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

DR SLEEP is a new movie in theatres now. Most of it (and most of the Marvel movies including AVENGERS END GAME). This is an interview with two of the guys who did most of the music for the film. I've worked on a few indie films doing composition and it was the most fun I've ever had. If you have never tried to compose for tv/film, try it and it's simple to start.

1.)Pick a movie or tv show that you really like
2.)Hit PLAY!
3.)Turn on your guitar amp/rig and just start playing along with the show.

This is how I got started. It's enormously creatively satisfying. I'f you've never tried this, give it a go!!! If you do, please do share it here in this thread. The DR SLEEP movie has several scenes that were shot at a local landmark here called the PLAZA Theatre. It's run by a friend of mine who went to the same Masters Degree program at Georgia State University that I went through. It's a small world smile.gif Attached ImageHere is an interview with the guys on composing for this film.
N

BIG parts of Avengers End Game were shot in the tiny little park behind the building I used to work at. Also, a big chunk of peachtree street down town is using in THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS movies.
This is a shot right across from my office with camera rigs strapped to the car.

This is a shot right next to Georgia State and on the parking deck I used to park at.

I've worke on indie films doing special effects, sound design and scoring. I gotta say it's fun work! I got away from it a while back but recently I've started thinking about getting back in to it! This my on IMDB (internet movie database)Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Yesterday, 11:35 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Downtown_Atlanta.tiff ( 18.03MB ) Number of downloads: 0

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2019 - 08:45 AM