2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Easy "metal" Songs To Begin With
Christophe
Jan 22 2013, 09:08 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey people smile.gif

I'm feeling a bit "tired" playing exercise here on GMC (It's been age that I didn't play anything else than a gmc lesson) ; Don't go wrong Instructors, I love you all (and your lessons of course) biggrin.gif I just want to diversify myself and show my friends and family what I have deep inside me :@ blink.gif (and since they always tell me : "What the heck ? Don't you have something else than your songs coming from nowhere ?!")

Could someone tell me what songs I can start with ?

I'd like to play them fully, from beggining to the end. The nearer it goes to metal side the better it is cool.gif

Thank you smile.gif

PS : This is pretty ironic that I come in the Practice Room forum since I'm getting bored by exercises ahaha biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Christophe: Jan 22 2013, 09:13 AM

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 22 2013, 11:08 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Christophe @ Jan 22 2013, 08:08 AM) *
Hey people smile.gif

I'm feeling a bit "tired" playing exercise here on GMC (It's been age that I didn't play anything else than a gmc lesson) ; Don't go wrong Instructors, I love you all (and your lessons of course) biggrin.gif I just want to diversify myself and show my friends and family what I have deep inside me :@ blink.gif (and since they always tell me : "What the heck ? Don't you have something else than your songs coming from nowhere ?!")

Could someone tell me what songs I can start with ?

I'd like to play them fully, from beggining to the end. The nearer it goes to metal side the better it is cool.gif

Thank you smile.gif

PS : This is pretty ironic that I come in the Practice Room forum since I'm getting bored by exercises ahaha biggrin.gif

Hey Mister C !

Just pick any metal song you like - the chances are it will be made of mostly power chords. If you can play a power chord and single note lines then you play most Iron Maiden songs.

Symphony of Destruction - Megadeth ?
For Whome the Bell Tolls - Metallica ?

What do you like ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jouve
Jan 22 2013, 12:00 PM
Learning Roadie

There are lots of them!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jan 22 2013, 12:37 PM
GMC:er
Sick and Destroy by y0ou know who
Jump in the fire too
2 mins too midnight -- I maiden
Breaking the low - Judas Priest

+Quote Post
Christophe
Jan 22 2013, 05:06 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 22 2013, 11:08 AM) *
Symphony of Destruction - Megadeth ?
For Whome the Bell Tolls - Metallica ?

What do you like ?

Symphony Of Destruction is heavy I like it and its riffs are quite easy but when it comes to the solo... ^^'
I also play sometimes Countdown to Extinction which is really easy to play too.

For Whom The Bell Tolls, didn't know that song, shame on me ! One of the easiest riff I've met so far. The melodic lines make it goes so epic !

QUOTE (Jouve @ Jan 22 2013, 12:00 PM) *
Judas Priest - The Ripper

Edguy - Paradise

There are lots of them!

The Ripper is pretty cool but it sounds a bit old to me, I will give it a try though !

Paradise ! For god's sake, this is what metal is all about ! biggrin.gif The beggining is just AWESOME (but I can't play it... this is wayyyy to fast). The chord progression near 1:50 is brilliant ! I'll defintely try to play this little pearl !

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jan 22 2013, 12:37 PM) *
Sick and Destroy by y0ou know who
Jump in the fire too
2 mins too midnight -- I maiden
Breaking the low - Judas Priest

Seek And Destroy, yeah, really easy to play and powerful ! But the solo once more is not affordable to me :/

Jump In The Fire, the main riff is pretty difficult to play. (Ok I only gave it a 10min shot but anyway laugh.gif) Cool song, didn't know this one either !

2 minutes to midnight, to to ta to to ta to to ta ta ta ! That's what it's all about ahah, though sometimes it's hard to move your fingers to another chord that fast !

Breaking the low, I like listening to it, but I don't enjoy at all to play it... mellow.gif

Thanks for all your submissions ! If you have other songs to share which are easy to play, please list them !

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jan 22 2013, 05:12 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

A lot of good choices.

Maybe some Lamb of God or Iced Earth stuff. Really good for tightening that riffing hand down!

--------------------

+Quote Post
TeoWulf
Jan 22 2013, 05:29 PM
Holy Diver! It's the easiest metal song ever!

And I would advise you not to learn solos. I have never learnt a single solo fully. It hasn't really got sense, because the solo is the time for a guitarist to shine and show his talents, not to mimic someone else. Just learn the main melodies(if there are such), analize the style and create or improvise something that fits.

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jan 22 2013, 05:32 PM
I am waiting for a german to tell his favorite song....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Christophe
Jan 22 2013, 05:46 PM
QUOTE (TeoWulf @ Jan 22 2013, 05:29 PM) *
Holy Diver! It's the easiest metal song ever!

And I would advise you not to learn solos. I have never learnt a single solo fully. It hasn't really got sense, because the solo is the time for a guitarist to shine and show his talents, not to mimic someone else. Just learn the main melodies(if there are such), analize the style and create or improvise something that fits.

Yeah I already knew that song ! I've spent some times analyzing it for a Ben's collab ^^

I don't agree with you on some points, if it sounds good, then it's good enough not to be changed right ?

Thanks for your submission smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TeoWulf
Jan 22 2013, 06:18 PM
QUOTE (Christophe @ Jan 22 2013, 05:46 PM) *
Yeah I already knew that song ! I've spent some times analyzing it for a Ben's collab ^^

I don't agree with you on some points, if it sounds good, then it's good enough not to be changed right ?

Thanks for your submission smile.gif

Well, if it sounds that good then yes biggrin.gif It just makes less benefit for your playing, in my oppinion. I always try to avoid to copy my fave players because I already sound like them too much, so maybe that's the reason wink.gif
Stay metal!
Here's another one for you, most probably the only Blind Guardian song that can be considered easy smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 22 2013, 06:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jan 22 2013, 04:32 PM) *
I am waiting for a german to tell his favorite song....

We already know what his answer will be ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Jan 22 2013, 06:58 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 22 2013, 06:35 PM) *

Oh, and I thought it was this one:

Pretty sure I'm on the right track, at least.

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jan 22 2013, 07:31 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 22 2013, 06:35 PM) *

isn't this his song?

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 22 2013, 07:47 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
I present to you the easiest metal song and solo of all time biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 22 2013, 08:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jan 22 2013, 06:31 PM) *
isn't this his song?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

He probably wrote the lyrics !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 22 2013, 08:32 PM
Instructor
I remember starting with these ones...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Christophe
Jan 23 2013, 04:49 AM
QUOTE (TeoWulf @ Jan 22 2013, 06:18 PM) *
Well, if it sounds that good then yes biggrin.gif It just makes less benefit for your playing, in my oppinion. I always try to avoid to copy my fave players because I already sound like them too much, so maybe that's the reason wink.gif
Stay metal!
Here's another one for you, most probably the only Blind Guardian song that can be considered easy smile.gif
Blind Guardian - Follow The Blind

Ahaha I'd like to sound like someone else, that'd mean that I play well biggrin.gif

I enjoy a lot listening to Blind Guardian, I can't tell if I could play this one or not since there are no tabs on the net (I mean guitar pro tabs). The riffs seem to be quite easy to play, but the solos aren't affordable at all - way too fast and way too many bends biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jan 22 2013, 07:31 PM) *
isn't this his song?

Rammstein - Pussy

Ahaha didn't know this one ahahahah Those lyrics are awesome ahahah

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Jan 22 2013, 07:47 PM) *
I present to you the easiest metal song and solo of all time biggrin.gif

Judas Priest - Living After Midnight

This is not my favorite song but seeing being play live, it doesn't look so hard, the solo is easy too smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 22 2013, 08:32 PM) *
I remember starting with these ones...

Iron Maiden - The Evil That Men Do

Iron Maiden - Wasting Love

Guns 'N Roses - Welcome To The Jungle

The beggining of Wasting Love is sooooo cool !! But those "one note per string" don't fit well with me biggrin.gif

The last one is also way to tricky for me smile.gif

Thanks guys now I have to learn them ahah biggrin.gif But I'll have some known songs in my playing routine now !

This post has been edited by Christophe: Jan 23 2013, 04:53 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Jan 23 2013, 05:44 AM
Good bands to check out would be Iron Maiden, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, and Black Veil Brides. Two old school and two new school bands that have relatively easy songs, generally. Hope that helps!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jouve
Jan 23 2013, 07:14 AM
Learning Roadie
Uh. Also maybe these one?

+Quote Post
osiris
Jan 23 2013, 11:22 AM
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Megadeth - Trust

This site has original backtracks with vocals for both: http://guitarbackingtrack.com

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:48 AM