2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Guitar In The Mail
jstcrsn
Sep 1 2011, 01:29 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Aug 31 2011, 06:16 AM) *
Ya, its kinda like a clean boost, with an active EQ in it. An active EQ can boost frequencies, while a passive EQ can only cut certain frequencies, meaning it can't add to the signal. Some of the EMG's have a little EQ'ing, like the 81 and 85, while the some have a lot of tone shaping, like the 60. The 60 is one the their best neck pickups for clean tones. I played your "My Favorite Zeppelin" lesson when I had the 85 in the bridge w/mod, and it sounded really good. However, I did use a lot more gain than you did tongue.gif But those open and power chords in the lesson sounded very clear and defined with all the gain biggrin.gif

so ,mubone ,I beleive I have a 60 in the neck and an 85 - bridge,do I just need to reconfigure the voltage

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Sep 1 2011, 04:37 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Aug 31 2011, 02:22 AM) *
I wanna check that take again, do you still got the link?!

I haven't posted a take, but once I can figure out a way to get a proper recording I'll post something biggrin.gif Hopefully it won't be too long, I've just been very busy lately.

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Aug 31 2011, 08:29 PM) *
so ,mubone ,I beleive I have a 60 in the neck and an 85 - bridge,do I just need to reconfigure the voltage

If that guitar is stock, then it most certainly has an 81 in the bridge. But yes, all you have to do is a voltage mod.

The first picture in this link is the mod I put into my guitar every now and then to change things up. Its just two 12V batteries in series.

http://forum.monkeylord.co.uk/threads/emg-24v-mod.14374/

Heres a link if you want to do the 18V mod. It will give you the same result, it just won't be as compact.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=941907

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:46 PM