Questiong About Diatonic Arpeggios
enlo22
Sep 23 2013, 12:59 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
ok guys so i'm sort of stumped on fguring out a music theory thing. SO when it comes to figuring out the arpeggios diatonicly in a scale i'm stuck on the e phrygian major one, i tried to figure it out to get my brain back on track on thinking about music theory again, but i'm stuck on the G#one, i came up with the first 2 wich the arpeggios would be Emaj and then F maj then The G# i THINK it might be diminished or somethign??? that's where i'm confused, also the fingering for the diminished arpeggio that's where i'm confused again, is there like a place where it shows me the fingering for the diminished sweep? like apart from just the 1 that i already know? as in is there different sweep picking inversions of the diminished? ok hopefully someone gets the question haha i'm terrible at wording things! thanks guys.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Professor
Sep 23 2013, 08:28 AM
Theory Instructor
Hey

To answer your question I'll address the order of arpeggios in a major key so you can get those under your fingers as that might fix all your confusion the quickest.

In any major scale, or key, the order of arpeggios is:

maj7 - m7 - m7 - maj7 - 7 - m7 - m7b5

So for the key of E, like you mentioned, the arpeggios would be:

Emaj7 - F#m7 - G#m7 - Amaj7 - B7 - C#m7 - D#m7b5

The m7b5 arpeggio is also referred to as the "half-diminished" arpeggio, but there is no diminished arpeggio in the major arpeggios.

Here's some more info on the m7b5 arpeggio to check out, hope this helps!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48488

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
enlo22
Sep 24 2013, 02:32 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (The Professor @ Sep 23 2013, 07:28 AM) *
Hey

To answer your question I'll address the order of arpeggios in a major key so you can get those under your fingers as that might fix all your confusion the quickest.

In any major scale, or key, the order of arpeggios is:

maj7 - m7 - m7 - maj7 - 7 - m7 - m7b5

So for the key of E, like you mentioned, the arpeggios would be:

Emaj7 - F#m7 - G#m7 - Amaj7 - B7 - C#m7 - D#m7b5

The m7b5 arpeggio is also referred to as the "half-diminished" arpeggio, but there is no diminished arpeggio in the major arpeggios.

Here's some more info on the m7b5 arpeggio to check out, hope this helps!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48488

so this chart is what i'm going by, but it doesn't have 7ths on it, i'm still sort of confused!

This post has been edited by enlo22: Sep 24 2013, 02:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Professor
Sep 24 2013, 03:11 PM
Theory Instructor
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Sep 24 2013, 02:32 PM) *
so this chart is what i'm going by, but it doesn't have 7ths on it, i'm still sort of confused!

yeah that's the right chart for triads, three-note chords, with no 7ths. So the order for that is:

Maj min min Maj Maj min dim

That's all. Check this page out for more info on Diminished triads.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47993

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:34 PM