Can A Floor Pod Be Used Like A Toneport?
Marc_Maiden
Jul 9 2009, 09:14 PM
GMC:er
floor pod plus

im thinking about getting this because it looks right for the price (along side with my blackstar)

i wanna put it through the effects loop (not infront)

my questions are (for those who might know)

-can it do USB recording like the toneports and other floor units

-can you turn off the pre amp so its just effects for the loop?

if the answers are yes ill be getting one of these too

thanks guys!

the specs on GC site doesnt say, and my net is super slow at work

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 9 2009, 09:43 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Just checked line6 site and it doesn't seem to have USB connection.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 9 2009, 09:51 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
My experience around the area.

I've tried my Line6 X3 Live infront of an clean Peavey classic 30 and also in the loop.
To be honest, it didn't do a good job there no matter the settings I use. The best result was running it infront of the amp with amp modeling on. That way it overtook my Peavey's character and sounded descent.

So flooding the amp with amp modeling and some effects was the way. The classic with a sound resembling an ENGL at gain was kind of fun.
But only adding a few effects used as a multieffect in the loop or before the amp sucked the tone out of the tube amp. A Classic 30 is a teriffic sounding amp, with the line6 in the signal chain it sounded mediocre. Unless flooded as I said.

With headphones and recording into a computer it sounds great! I couldn't wish for more. I only use it as a sound interface because that's what it does best.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 10 2009, 12:27 AM
Instructor
hmm, if you want POD just because of the multiFX, why note getting Toneport GX for 50$ and TC Electronics G Sharp for 150$, that would be almost the same price as Floor POD+ (or another similar combo).

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jul 10 2009, 12:28 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Jul 10 2009, 05:15 AM
GMC:er
i have a tone port gx actually...the reason why i need a new one, is i think i didnt take care of mine, and the usb connection is a little faulty causing a bit of lag lack of tone...i might just get one with a mic pre amp and call it a day ok cool... i have a plan now

so its for sure going to be the blackstar amp, and im going to find some cheap multi effects pedal, and wait until my fiance lets me spend on myself to get some decent pedals....oh the joys of love smile.gif

thanks for help guys, it wasnt easy for me to decide...

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
sted
Jul 10 2009, 09:02 AM
Learning Rock Star
Bit late on this!

I had an xt live which wasnt good for going through an amp, i know people will gasp at this but to me it just totally interfered with the character of the amp and i would get all sorts of strange hybrid sounds. I think line 6 gear excels when played on its own with tone ports or into pa systems even, but coupled with a decent amp like the blackstar it just ruins the sound entirely in my opinion ofc!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:07 PM