2 Pages V   1 2 >  
The Misarchist
Trond Vold
May 16 2008, 04:15 AM
Instructor
Here's one i've been working on tonight smile.gif
It's based on a old idea, just spiced up a bit. It's still work in progress though.

But the pianosound sucks.. or.. maybe i should say i suck at piano smile.gif It sounds quite static and emotionless.
The mixing is a bit off too, mostly volume-levels at certain places.
I'm quite pleased with the section after the 2nd verse though, at around 04.30 smile.gif

Any comments or critique?

Attached File  The_Misarchist.mp3 ( 9.2MB ) Number of downloads: 344

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pitch_Black
May 16 2008, 04:27 AM
GMC:er
Sweet biggrin.gif I love the piano and the guitar mixed together like that smile.gif Is that you playing the piano?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
Amps:
Vox AD50VT
Yamaha GA-10
Guitars:
Gibson SG
Hohner Acoustic
Effects:
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby 535q Wah Pedal
And a lot on my Vox

Long Live Rock And Roll!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
May 16 2008, 04:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pitch_Black @ May 16 2008, 05:27 AM) *
Sweet biggrin.gif I love the piano and the guitar mixed together like that smile.gif Is that you playing the piano?

Thanks smile.gif
I have absolutely no hand-coordination on pianos or keyboards so i programmed it with the mouse instead smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
May 16 2008, 04:39 AM
That's nasty dude.... very nice tones..

biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
May 16 2008, 05:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ May 16 2008, 05:39 AM) *
That's nasty dude.... very nice tones..

biggrin.gif

Thanks smile.gif .. well, i hope nasty is meant as a positive description smile.gif

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
May 16 2008, 05:37 AM
yeah, nasty is meant in a positive way.... at least around here when something is nasty or sick it just plain kicks ass.... its a compliment..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
May 16 2008, 07:33 AM
Instructor
Misarchist.....lol i actually had to look the word up!

Really love this man, its got such an awesome flavor to it!

So with all these songs Trond when can we expect the CD release huh? smile.gif

Daniel

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
May 16 2008, 07:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daniel Robinson @ May 16 2008, 08:33 AM) *

Daniel

Thanks smile.gif
I'm hoping to release a CD whenever i learn/get someone to sing smile.gif .. and maybe a drummer

I'm considering using the word Misarchist as a band-name instead of a songtitle now. It's a good word with meaning smile.gif

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
May 16 2008, 07:54 AM
Instructor
I have listend to this about 5 times now.

One possible suggestion, after awhile that top end piano melody starts to drone a little bit. Maybe mix it up a bit by changing voices, possibly a string ensemble or something like that. The line is good but it needs something to break it up.

Maybe keep the same exact line and make a string ensemble, but do it staccato like .....hrm...like doubling the notes...

NOt sure if i am explaining myself well. Doubling the notes and staccto so it sounds like the notes are being bowed i guess is the best way to describe it.

Daniel

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 16 2008, 08:48 AM
Instructor
good track Trond and nice piano editing

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
May 16 2008, 09:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daniel Robinson @ May 16 2008, 08:54 AM) *
I have listend to this about 5 times now.

One possible suggestion, after awhile that top end piano melody starts to drone a little bit. Maybe mix it up a bit by changing voices, possibly a string ensemble or something like that. The line is good but it needs something to break it up.

Maybe keep the same exact line and make a string ensemble, but do it staccato like .....hrm...like doubling the notes...

NOt sure if i am explaining myself well. Doubling the notes and staccto so it sounds like the notes are being bowed i guess is the best way to describe it.

Daniel

I think i know what you mean.. and thats a great idea smile.gif
I'll start working on that real soon.
Thanks smile.gif

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
maw793
May 17 2008, 01:15 AM
i really like the piano/guitar integration. Has a Michael Myers feel to it. nice work

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
May 17 2008, 04:07 AM
Instructor
Thanks! smile.gif

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
May 17 2008, 05:08 PM
Instructor
Very nice work again Trond, the piano is definitely the leading-element in that song, and I dig it! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
kyldeee
May 17 2008, 05:09 PM
I like the piano a lot... Great job once again Trond smile.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
audiopaal
May 17 2008, 08:28 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Awesome Trond, me likes smile.gif

+Quote Post
botoxfox
May 17 2008, 08:48 PM
Cool song dude

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
May 17 2008, 10:37 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I think this has a lot of potential. Great work Trond. I like the part after the second verse as well. Brakes things up and helps it flow nicely.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
May 17 2008, 11:06 PM
Instructor
Thanks guys biggrin.gif

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 22 2010, 03:30 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Daniel Robinson @ May 16 2008, 01:33 AM) *

Daniel

What does it mean? I wikied and it wasn't there.

QUOTE (Trond Vold @ May 15 2008, 10:15 PM) *
Here's one i've been working on tonight smile.gif
It's based on a old idea, just spiced up a bit. It's still work in progress though.

But the pianosound sucks.. or.. maybe i should say i suck at piano smile.gif It sounds quite static and emotionless.
The mixing is a bit off too, mostly volume-levels at certain places.
I'm quite pleased with the section after the 2nd verse though, at around 04.30 smile.gif

Any comments or critique?

Attached File  The_Misarchist.mp3 ( 9.2MB ) Number of downloads: 344

It only sounds "static and emotionless" because it is not played by a real person. But it is cool-sounding just the same. smile.gif

I liked the song!!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 07:45 AM