2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Jackson Guitars, Cheap Jackson rivaled expensive gibson
Marshmall0wz
Mar 25 2008, 01:23 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys. Today I had the joy of playing my friends Gibson Explorer Pro (VERY NICE) and his brothers Jackson V Pro Series. Anyway, I realized that the guitar was amazingly built. Jackson are all made in Japan which to me means a lot. Also they are amazingly low priced. This was a higher end Jackson that was great minus the pickups which he changed for some EMG 81' and 85's. With that small change of about $230 bucks, it was perfect. It rivaled and perhaps beat the $1350 US made Explorer Pro. And as all of us who passed 2nd Grade know, $690 is a lot better that $1350. Plus, the jackson had awesome inlays that were not dots, better pickups (once changed) than the 498 and 500's of the Gibson and a real floyd rose tremelo ohmy.gif Anyway It's cool

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 25 2008, 02:23 AM
yea so basically what your saying is jackson owns smile.gif biggrin.gif

but

SCHECTER IS BETTER

ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Mar 25 2008, 04:15 AM
well yeah basically! happy.gif

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
Bondy
Mar 25 2008, 06:36 AM
Learning Roadie
yea so basically what your saying is jackson owns smile.gif biggrin.gif

but

SCHECTER IS BETTER

ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

+1 I hated my Jackson nothing but problems with then again it wasnt a top of the line one.I'am seriously looking at getting a Schecter got my eye on a C-1 Hellraiser FR which I have not seen a bad review of yet unlike some of the jacksons I have looked at

This post has been edited by Bondy: Mar 25 2008, 06:39 AM

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 25 2008, 09:40 AM
MY jackson has the worst solderings in it, I've had to resolder some wires in it like 6-8 times, AND they were always factory solderings, my soldering has never broke there, BUT The guitar is way too satisfying in every other way that I wouldn't trade it for anything!

The pick ups great, the neck Is AMAZING, shark inlays look cool, and the floyd rose, never goes out of tune, and the body is so freaking nice looking(even though it would seem that there is no other human being in this world who likes kellys)

edit. a 700 € it cost

This post has been edited by Tuubsu: Mar 25 2008, 09:40 AM

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Mar 25 2008, 10:58 AM
I agree, the neck, makes me melt. My jackson warrior is a cheapy, but it is one of best guitars i have played. The pickups are poor but that doesnt matter, can always upgrade. The guitar itself is just fantastic. Nothing on my Gibson LP but they are not the same animal.

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Mar 25 2008, 11:12 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Mar 25 2008, 10:58 AM) *
I agree, the neck, makes me melt. My jackson warrior is a cheapy, but it is one of best guitars i have played. The pickups are poor but that doesnt matter, can always upgrade. The guitar itself is just fantastic. Nothing on my Gibson LP but they are not the same animal.

I also have a jackson warrior and i love it but then i dont have anything else to compare with

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 25 2008, 02:46 PM
i love jacksons, but ive never played a schecter that didn't feel cheap.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 25 2008, 07:03 PM
Instructor
Jacksons are great! Never tried the cheapest of them though.. But i've never had a single problem with mine

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 25 2008, 07:55 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 25 2008, 09:46 AM) *
i love jacksons, but ive never played a schecter that didn't feel cheap.

really ohmy.gif.. every schecter i play feels like awsome smile.gif its got a really smooth fretboard.. which i prefer and i know some like rougher 1's.. jacksons are awsome too since this is a thread on jacksons.. i have a Js30 with a bass string as the low E. and i had a soloist( like the one Trond uses except black smile.gif ) excellent guitars smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Bondy
Mar 25 2008, 07:55 PM
Learning Roadie
Mine was not the best to be fair it was a dk2y about the only one you could get left hand without paying over a grand my problem was that the bottom E kept slipping right of the fret board which sounds crud the pickups weren't bad they were pretty good Seymour Duncans.Even after I had a pro setup on it still did not sound great maybe it was just the model did not want to start a I hate Jackson thing I actually loved mine it was a wrench to sell even though I did not get on with it.

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 27 2008, 04:07 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 27 2008, 04:10 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I've only tried Trond Volds soloist, and that's great!
But I have to admit I like the neck better on my Gibson and Esp smile.gif

But the soloist sounds awesome though smile.gif

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 27 2008, 04:10 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 27 2008, 04:07 PM) *
Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson laugh.gif

Hahaha laugh.gif

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Mar 27 2008, 05:13 PM
I had an RR5. Solid built guitar, but I hated the neck and it didn't look good on me, so I sold it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
at lights end
Mar 27 2008, 05:21 PM
i played a few jacksons and loved them. you could say i have a jackson, but it's been assembled by me. DKMG body, DK2 neck. no other jackson parts though, and still missing a bridge and pickups.
never played a schecter though.

QUOTE (Tuubsu @ Mar 25 2008, 08:40 AM) *
even though it would seem that there is no other human being in this world who likes kellys

i love kellys!

--------------------
“You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.”

+Quote Post
Robin
Mar 27 2008, 05:24 PM

+1 tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Mar 27 2008, 06:12 PM
I kinda want to get a Warrior (neck-thru) with EMG's.

+Quote Post
bsamn
Mar 27 2008, 09:45 PM

Amen Brother cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Mar 27 2008, 10:46 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 27 2008, 03:07 PM) *

For me it would be Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez.

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Mar 27 2008, 10:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 08:50 AM