Scales Library
sted
Jan 9 2009, 11:37 AM
Learning Rock Star
On all the lessons the instructors always put a pictorial of what scales they have derived the lessons from and what key they are in (g minor pentatonic etc) which i find immensely helpful, is there a database or similar we as members can access to "look up" scales etc? i must confess i copy and paste all the scale diagrams into folders for reference later but i end up with only bits of each, i know there is other resources on the web that can give you any scale you need but i beleive that GMC would (as always) do it the best!

Thoughts? smile.gif

i have attached an image of one of my cut and shuts!

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Daniel Robinson
Jan 9 2009, 11:40 AM
Instructor
I don't believe we have anything like that atm, but i am sure Kris is working on something for the future. He always is smile.gif

Until then, this is the resource that i and quite a few others use for quick reference.

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php

It allows you to put in the scale, and the root note etc and it gives you a layout on the neck. It also is a good resource for figuring out chords too, look to the buttons at the top. As well as chord progressions

Daniel

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Daniel Robinson: Jan 9 2009, 11:42 AM

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 9 2009, 01:15 PM
GMC:er
hmmmmm......
and here? wink.gif

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 9 2009, 01:53 PM
HERE'S one that a few of the Insructors use!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Jan 9 2009, 02:36 PM
Instructor
If you want me to post the collection of my scale charts leave me a message in my board and I will smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 9 2009, 04:06 PM
Instructor
It would be cool if we have a scale database so we just include what we need in a lesson instead of uploading the same thing every time. Something like a simple little picture browser.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 9 2009, 04:25 PM
Just put them in our wiki, I gave a link above....

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 10 2009, 02:24 AM
Instructor
Great thread !

I have lots of scale and chord diagrams already , I will try to organize them all and upload them here smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
Jan 10 2009, 02:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
wow guys, amazingly helpful!

much appreciated, i will be scaled to death in no time at all! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jan 15 2009, 06:54 PM
Jazz Instructor
I have tons of scales and book with that stuff(never really looked at it), one good book will work, I suggest you to print all that scales to have them handy, if you find some electronic version!

+Quote Post
Darfuria
Jan 15 2009, 07:34 PM
A developer could very easily write a script for this. Would be a nice resource to have on the website, especially if each scale had an example of someone playing it.

--------------------
Want a website for you or your band? http://www.websiteformyband.com

+Quote Post
29a
Jan 18 2009, 09:17 PM
QUOTE (Darfuria @ Jan 15 2009, 07:34 PM) *
A developer could very easily write a script for this. Would be a nice resource to have on the website, especially if each scale had an example of someone playing it.
Jup, it's really easy to code. And, then all the diagrams would look the same.

- Jonas

--------------------
My Website | My Gear | Elixir Nanoweb Strings Review | Installing Schaller Security Locks
"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy." - Phil Zimmermann

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:01 AM