Action On My Ibanez Went Far Too High, when i changed strings - and the trem cant go any lower
Jakub Luptovec
Dec 23 2010, 03:32 PM
Learning Tone Guru
(nostalgic GMC chit-chat, how I love you guys..)

Its been a while guys, its 4 years since I started guitar playing by subscribing to gmc, its one year since I disappeared from here - I found a touring band and I dont really have much time to practice, other that practicing our songs and my solos etc..

But now I have a problem and I am back and beg for your help my friends....

(end of nostalgic GMC chit-chat)

As some of you know, year and half ago I bought a high range ibanez from 1996, its really a great guitar, unbelievably comfortable neck... but then one day, I went to guitar tech and just for the kicks I told him to install Zakk Wylde boomer strings, those extra thick ones. So he did it, but from that day, the action is UNBELIEVABLY HIGH. Like, worse on my crappy ashton stratocaster. The problem is my guitar tech doesnt know what is the problem and I lost my confidence in him.

And the worst part is, the guitar is really dificult to play now and as a student I cant afford a new one.. and we play every week. For now I just easied down my solos but heck.... i can shred and my guitar is blocking me.

The problem seems to be in the tremolo - i cant turn the screws on it anymore lower then they are now => to push the trem lower into body => thus lowering the action.

Too long dont read: How is it possible, that changing strings on extra thick (i got my favourite 11' daddarios back on now) screwed my action so much? Is it beyond repair? Should I blame the guitar tech for damaging my guitar?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Dec 23 2010, 03:38 PM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:19 AM