Ready For Another Rec?
JTaylor
Dec 24 2011, 11:31 PM
Apprentice Roadie
Hey everybody! I'm that guy who has been whining about how hard it is for me to get 16th notes down. I have gotten some great advice and, in a very short time, it seems to be improving! This is Beginners Corner #14. I submitted it on REC to get advice and see where I stood with it. I actually got 7's smile.gif !!! (I thought I was going to get maybe 3's or 4's. More than that, I got great advice. Now, I am putting it out here for everyone to look at and judge. I really can't tell if it's right or not because I cannot listen to both videos in synch. Tell me what you honestly think. If it's not good, tell me. Thanks everyone! laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 25 2011, 02:43 PM
Instructor
Yes, it definitely shows the effort, and the grades are relative to the player. We all see lots and lots of REC videos, so we try to give our best judgement. I think your movements and playing show that you really try hard to play in this box, and you will get better. Learning something for the first time can be very very challenging. Usually more dedication is needed compared to being a seasoned player, because you step to new ground, and don't know what to expect. This is why it's always good to encourage attempts like this. I think you will be playing whole pentatonic scale in a few months, and make some simple solos even, which is already a giant step for you as a guitar player. That deserves 7 or 8 in my book. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Dec 25 2011, 02:44 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Dec 25 2011, 02:59 PM
Apprentice Roadie
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 25 2011, 01:43 PM) *
Yes, it definitely shows the effort, and the grades are relative to the player. We all see lots and lots of REC videos, so we try to give our best judgement. I think your movements and playing show that you really try hard to play in this box, and you will get better. Learning something for the first time can be very very challenging. Usually more dedication is needed compared to being a seasoned player, because you step to new ground, and don't know what to expect. This is why it's always good to encourage attempts like this. I think you will be playing whole pentatonic scale in a few months, and make some simple solos even, which is already a giant step for you as a guitar player. That deserves 7 or 8 in my book. smile.gif

Thanks so much Ivan! That is greatly encouraging! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 25 2011, 03:08 PM
Instructor
Anytime mate! smile.gif Have a good time during holidays and have fun playing guitar! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 25 2011, 03:15 PM
Instructor
Hey, this is definitely an improvement for sure ! You're much more confident with your timing and execution of the 16th notes on the lower strings.. when you get the B & E string, that's where I hear the most discrepencies. It just takes time for these things to sink in (or should that be synch in ?) wink.gif

Much better.. perhaps give it a little more practice and then submit another take.. a few days more of ingraining the rhythms into your head will do good smile.gif

Merry Christmas !!

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Dec 25 2011, 03:54 PM
Apprentice Roadie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 25 2011, 02:15 PM) *
Hey, this is definitely an improvement for sure ! You're much more confident with your timing and execution of the 16th notes on the lower strings.. when you get the B & E string, that's where I hear the most discrepencies. It just takes time for these things to sink in (or should that be synch in ?) wink.gif

Much better.. perhaps give it a little more practice and then submit another take.. a few days more of ingraining the rhythms into your head will do good smile.gif

Merry Christmas !!

Thanks Ben and Merry Christmas to you too! Once again, great advice and I have a goal to work towards! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JD_
Dec 25 2011, 04:30 PM
Learning Roadie
Good on you for posting progress in the early stages. It's very motivating when u recieve feedback and you can see, with each new video, that your getting better. Keep it up mate smile.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Dec 25 2011, 05:34 PM
Apprentice Roadie
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Dec 25 2011, 03:30 PM) *
Good on you for posting progress in the early stages. It's very motivating when u recieve feedback and you can see, with each new video, that your getting better. Keep it up mate smile.gif

Thanks and you are certainly right! It's also therapeutic and helps me get over my fear of playing in front of anyone. laugh.gif Merry Christmas!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 25 2011, 06:21 PM
Instructor
one thing you really have to start doing from the beginning is to press your right hand palm against the strings to avoid noise, that will make sound a lot cleaner,

rhythm is ok, it can be better too

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Dec 25 2011, 06:32 PM
Apprentice Roadie
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Dec 25 2011, 05:21 PM) *
one thing you really have to start doing from the beginning is to press your right hand palm against the strings to avoid noise, that will make sound a lot cleaner,

rhythm is ok, it can be better too

Thanks Daniel! I wasn't aware of that and I can't fix something if I don't know it's wrong. laugh.gif Hope you're having a good Christmas!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 26 2011, 11:17 AM
Instructor
Hey there! biggrin.gif I can definitely see improvement! But as Ivan said, time well spent, focus and determination will bring you to that point where you can learn things at a very fast pace and execute them perfectly! Keep us updated on the progress so we can help you build things up in a healthy way! Merry Christmas man!

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Dec 28 2011, 06:05 AM
Beginner Instructor
This is definitely an improvement from your first take! I think everyone else has pretty much summed up what will be good to improve on this lesson. I'd just continue what you are doing because you are obviously improving. Also, focus on hitting the notes on the exact time to make sure that your playing is nice and tight!

Looking forward to seeing the progress in your next video!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:03 PM