Bill Bailey- Comedian And Musician Extraordinaire!
DeepRoots
Nov 1 2007, 05:10 AM
Get to da Chopper!
I just wanted to share with you <a youtube search of> Bill Bailey, one of my favourite comedians- who also happens to be a very talented musician....(just pick and choose any of those clips- they're bound to be hilarious).

In this clip at about 7:35, he uses a what a think is a synth swell of some sort- does anybody know what kind of device he is using? I'm just a little curious..Because he is making stairway to heaven sound sooo damn awesome cool.gif .

Well as its 7:35 through the video you might as well enjoy the rest of the clip aswell! tongue.gif

Enjoy Bill- and feedback is appreciated biggrin.gif

Thanks

DeepRoots

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 1 2007, 05:15 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Saw him live in the comedy store before he was really big - I remember a hilarious affected French Doctor Who song all about Daleks and the fact that they "peux pas monter les escallier" laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Very funny if you know a little french and understand what Doctor Who, and a Dalek is.

Pretty dull otherwise I should imagine ...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 1 2007, 06:22 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
One of my fav Bill Bailey bits was from Black Books. It was where Dylan Moran tried to pretend that he could play piano - Bailey lay in the piano on his back and payed it upside with spoons whilst Dylan faked it. Black books - one of my fav comedies as well biggrin.gif .

Run up to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyObxVIF1B0

And the punch line:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Ecorickbs

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Resurrection
Nov 1 2007, 06:39 AM
GMC:er
I think Bill Bailey is a wonderful comedian. I've watched a few of his early stand-up shows and a lot of his TV appearances in the series "Black Books", "Never Mind the Buzzcocks" and his occasional guest appearances on "QI". He's a tremendously funny man and a talented musician.

Some of my favourite moments from him include the following.

The Geoffrey Chaucer Pubbe Gagge (English literature appreciation required!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qod7nSGKag0

The Kraftwerk Hokey-Cokey (a Germanic form of the worlds most ridiculous party dance)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKtxg1D7vZw

The Leg of Time (Yes/Genesis lyrics, with a touch of Tenacious D)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U5PW0JPfXY

--------------------
If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:37 PM