4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Coffee Lovers At Gmc, Lets hear from you !!
intemperateContr...
Dec 28 2009, 04:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
Just my 2 cents. I drink 1 pot per day - about half in the morning and half
in the early evening. I used to drink 2 pots but that's horribly dehydrating.
Method: When my coffee is still brewing I pour my first cup while the pot is
only about 1 inch high and add milk - it's incredibly strong but a killer rush
if you down it. Do this with several heaping scoops of coffee grounds and sleepy
time will be postponed for quite some time. After that I suggest sippage only.
Aye, mates, "Have a drink on me..." tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 28 2009, 05:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (zen @ Dec 28 2009, 02:34 PM) *
Trust me .... It works .... and is a must ... for every guitarist !! laugh.gif

hahaha biggrin.gif

well, I used to be an addict, but I quit. Not any good for you. Nevertheless my grandma used to drink at least 3 cups a day.

Coming from Colombia, coffee is a big part of our "grastronomical culture".

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Dec 28 2009, 07:04 PM
Instructor
I found myself drinking 3-4 cup a day... I do this only for a few months, when I bore of it, I change to Tee, or Mate. I think our first problem is to spent so many hours in front of the computer, or practising sitting down the chair. so a good cup of something is always a good partner.

+Quote Post
zen
Dec 29 2009, 05:14 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Dec 29 2009, 05:04 AM) *
I found myself drinking 3-4 cup a day... I do this only for a few months, when I bore of it, I change to Tee, or Mate. I think our first problem is to spent so many hours in front of the computer, or practising sitting down the chair. so a good cup of something is always a good partner.

So true ..My day job also involves sitting in front of a computer.. soo I'll let this image sum it up

QUOTE (Staffy @ Dec 29 2009, 12:09 AM) *
What? I guess its the same for me, I even drink a couple of days od coffee microwaved if there's nothing else... tongue.gif Are we supposed to start a "Coffee Anonymous" here??? I case of that I'm NOT gonna join, since I will simply shoot myself without coffe.... laugh.gif

This is not a 'coffee anonymous' club .. this is a 'coffee lovers' club and we're proud of it laugh.gif

QUOTE (coffeeman @ Dec 29 2009, 02:24 AM) *
hey guys,

I guess mi nickname says it all. I wish I could send you a sample of my coffee to you all. I'll let you know as soon as its available on europe.

There are a lot of things that you must have to drink a good cup of coffee, but I'll just give you a couple of tips.

• Try to buy the coffee directly from the roaster, at his webpage or at the local store, when you buy the coffee at the supermarket you don't know how long it´s been since roasted
  • Buy it in beans and grind it at home, only grind the amount you need.
  • Keep the coffee in a dry place, don't keep it in the fridge unless the only thing you have in there is coffee, and keep in a well closed container.

This tips will help you drink a fresh cup of coffee, if you need more tips just let me know.

Thanks for that tip man smile.gif

This post has been edited by zen: Dec 29 2009, 05:28 AM

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gary
Dec 29 2009, 06:56 AM
GMC:er
Aloha Robert

Let's see.. we both have a Malmsteen.. we both use a Treo, but you have a coconut coffee filter and I don't! huh.gif LOL
I travel down the street to a local donut store to buy my coffee.. its Farmers Bros but they grind it right there before they brew it and it is the best I have had anywhere..love that place.

After reading some of the post here I guess I am a light weight.. I limit my intake to about 2 cups a day. Also if I drink coffee after about 3:00pm I wake up at night. Even with that.. living without coffee would be hell.

Cheers!

Gary

+Quote Post
zen
Dec 29 2009, 07:41 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Caffeine gives you mad shredding skills happy.gif

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Staffy
Dec 29 2009, 10:47 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (zen @ Dec 29 2009, 05:14 AM) *
So true ..My day job also involves sitting in front of a computer.. soo I'll let this image sum it up
This is not a 'coffee anonymous' club .. this is a 'coffee lovers' club and we're proud of it laugh.gif

My job is also so.... Computers/Music/Coffee is about 98% of my life..... biggrin.gif
Oki, we are a coffee lovers club!!!! I drink to that! tongue.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
zen
Dec 29 2009, 10:56 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
And for the parents out there ...this is exactly why we shouldn't let kids drink coffee.... !! laugh.gif

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Canis
Dec 29 2009, 12:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi. My name is Canis, and I work full-time night.
'Nuff said? tongue.gif

I'm like Denis Leary when it comes to coffee. I only drink it black and coffee flavoured. No vanilla, caramel, hazel or bamboo.. tongue.gif
(Allthough I'm a bit of a hypocrite, since I fall for chocolate flavoured at times ^^ )

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex87
Dec 29 2009, 12:29 PM
I've been drinking between 3 - 5 cups of coffee everyday for too many years. Think I started drinking coffee "seriously" wink.gif at the age of 12. Won't say I'm addicted, since I had many breaks lasting weeks, from time to time. But, I don't have any plans on giving up on coffee cool.gif

Edit: I only drink coffee with a bit of milk in it wink.gif

This post has been edited by Alex87: Dec 29 2009, 12:31 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender Lead I - 1979, Hamer Steven Stevens sign. (modified) - 1986, Cort western, Santana acoustic

Amps:
Laney Lionheart LH5, Roland Cube 20 (the original orange one)

Effects (on board):
Boss TU-2 Tuner, Homebrew CPR Compressor, EHX Small Stone, Maxon OD-9 Overdrive, Mad Professor Mellow Yellow Tremolo, Boss DD-2, Carl Martin DeLayla XL, TC Electronic SCF1 Chorus/Flanger/Pitch Mod.

Effects (spare):
Boss OD-1 Overdrive, Boss CE-2 Chrous, Boss CS-1 Compressor, Schaller Volume Control, Boss PH-2 Phaser, Boss RV-2 Reverb

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Dec 29 2009, 05:19 PM
QUOTE (Gary @ Dec 28 2009, 07:56 PM) *
Aloha Robert

Let's see.. we both have a Malmsteen.. we both use a Treo, but you have a coconut coffee filter and I don't! huh.gif LOL
I travel down the street to a local donut store to buy my coffee.. its Farmers Bros but they grind it right there before they brew it and it is the best I have had anywhere..love that place.

After reading some of the post here I guess I am a light weight.. I limit my intake to about 2 cups a day. Also if I drink coffee after about 3:00pm I wake up at night. Even with that.. living without coffee would be hell.

Cheers!

Gary

Gary,
Aloha it's good to hear from you! How did your guitar research turn out for the tuning issues with the tremolo bar? I'll see if I can dig up another coconut shell if you want and send it your way... If you'd use it wink.gif I like the new avatar. who was the man in the picture of the old one, I saw that picture the other day online but don't know who that man is huh.gif

This post has been edited by Hammerhead: Dec 29 2009, 05:20 PM

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post
zen
Dec 29 2009, 11:21 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Ah ... another morning .. another cup .. just believe ... just breathe .. laugh.gif

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Staffy
Dec 30 2009, 12:17 AM
Learning Tone Master
Since we almost have complete guitar & coffee-lovers association here, I suggest that we establish a real organisation in order to make some lobbying to make the situation better for us in this har cruel world. I will suggest Zen as president, Mr. Milenkovic as financial responsible (since he drinks everything except mud) and myself as secretary, since otherwise I will write a lot of other useless stuff....

Things we can lobby for may include:

1. 1-Year free coffee when buying a Fender/Gibson or other expensive guitar.
2. Put some pressure on Mr. Malmsteen in order to sponsor our travels in search of the perfect coffee.
3. We must have our own thread here at GMC.
4. The music stores shall have free coffee for every visitor.
5. We shall of course have a tax-reduction for our enormous expenses put on this noble drink, its not fair that
a luthier can make a tax-reduction for his tools when we cant do it for the coffee....

Thats just some for a starter, what do Ya think????

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 31 2009, 02:32 AM
Instructor
Very good Staffay, your way of thinking is visionary, and I think you should be promoted from secretary into vision director of the lobby.

Me as financial director (since I handle money, I have the power to make new rules), will promote myself into director of purchasing stuff for the company. First things on the list:

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Murloc
Dec 31 2009, 02:40 AM
Learning Roadie
I only drink energy drinks, coffee tastes like drinking an old liquefied carpet ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 31 2009, 03:12 AM
Instructor
Hmm I like Red Bull, but it makes me nervous. In absence of real coffee, Red Bull can pass too, this proves my addiction too.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Dec 31 2009, 04:33 AM
Ahhh yes this is great thinking. Our Lobby group shall meet once a year (to discuss policy and important matters!) and we shall need for GMC to cover the expenses for this important meeting, you know the usual air fair, lodging, meals. And we shall drink lots of coffee in the morning... and lots of ale in the evenings... of course we all need to bring our guitars and what not. This shall be known as the GMC Throwdown!!! We will need posters and what not... who is it that takes care of that sort of business around here... Fran? biggrin.gif laugh.gif huh.gif

Ohhh... I shall need a title, hmmmm.... Grand Marshall maybe?

--------------------

+Quote Post
zen
Dec 31 2009, 05:40 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
hhaha ... Great idea Staffy..

Oh no .. If the President has to do squat (and that means 'absolutely nothing' for those who've had less than 2 cups today and forgotten what that means).. .. then I'm happy to take it, laugh.gif
But really, it should be given to some heavyweights that have come out in this 'serious' discussion wink.gif .. I'm just an initiator ..

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 31 2009, 12:32 PM) *
Very good Staffay, your way of thinking is visionary, and I think you should be promoted from secretary into vision director of the lobby.

Me as financial director (since I handle money, I have the power to make new rules), will promote myself into director of purchasing stuff for the company. First things on the list:

OMG .. that resembles the Dalek from the doctor who show ... tongue.gif ... I'm sure it shoots heavy doses of caffeine !!

QUOTE (Murloc @ Dec 31 2009, 12:40 PM) *
I only drink energy drinks, coffee tastes like drinking an old liquefied carpet ohmy.gif

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Blasphemy ... But its cool, we accept all criticisms smile.gif Hmm, Very well then ... I love my old liquefied carpet ... wouldn't even mind if it had some carpet bugs in it .. would result in a lil less tastier burp perhaps ..

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 31 2009, 01:12 PM) *
Hmm I like Red Bull, but it makes me nervous. In absence of real coffee, Red Bull can pass too, this proves my addiction too.

Yea, caffeine kick is infact heavy in energy drinks .. .. even pre-workout bodybuilding supplements have heavy doses of caffeine..

QUOTE (Hammerhead @ Dec 31 2009, 02:33 PM) *
Ahhh yes this is great thinking. Our Lobby group shall meet once a year (to discuss policy and important matters!) and we shall need for GMC to cover the expenses for this important meeting, you know the usual air fair, lodging, meals. And we shall drink lots of coffee in the morning... and lots of ale in the evenings... of course we all need to bring our guitars and what not. This shall be known as the GMC Throwdown!!! We will need posters and what not... who is it that takes care of that sort of business around here... Fran? biggrin.gif laugh.gif huh.gif

Ohhh... I shall need a title, hmmmm.... Grand Marshall maybe?

hahha cool .. You're already so focussed and spitting out awesome ideas... Staffy or you can be president .. smile.gif .. id vote for both of u ... (ya, double vote wink.gif)

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Dec 31 2009, 07:19 AM
I had to laugh out LOUD!!! I almost spit my coffee on my computer... I think we'll each need one of those Dalek coffee machines, I trust they can follow us around and serve us hot coffee. Now we are talking, and I'm happy to be president with Staffy, as long as he packs his rather long list of great guitar gear,and accessories along for the trips! biggrin.gif

And where ever we stay will need to have a pool and sauna...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Dec 31 2009, 10:18 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 31 2009, 02:32 AM) *

Wow, that one is just awesome!!! It seems like it can make mud as well!!! laugh.gif You sure got my support regarding this machine, and I will suggest that You are now in charge of our cash!!!

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:18 PM