What's The Best Rehearsal Studio, that you've had the chance to play in?
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 19 2011, 09:58 AM
Instructor
We all know that studios are usually poorly made, shelters, basements, no ventilation, small spaces... it happens a lot. Have you ever been in a studio that is spacey, has good ventilation, A/C, good gear..? What was the price? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jul 19 2011, 10:11 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Most are as you described, dank, dark, damp, musty, smelly & dirty etc etc and generally not that cheap either!!

I have played in one a while ago that actually had a full stage with a huge massive PA system that you could if you wanted to mic up the whole band and play through if you wished, it was extra for all the mics and stuff and for a rehearsal wasnt required but the facility was there as was everything else, a small shop to buy strings, picks, drumsticks and refreshments etc it wasnt hugely more expensive than the normal place that we used at the time but was a lot further away.

In general, so long as it has a half decent PA in it and a toilet that is useable I dont really care, it is what it is, somewhere to "play it loud" biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 19 2011, 11:36 AM
Instructor
I have had the sheer luck of having an extraordinary place to rehearse in with Aria and Voodoo (my drummer's dad built a little studio, small but really fancy) and we can go there anytime we want, with no cost at all. We provide the beverages and sweets though tongue.gif

Otherwise,I had my fair share of experimenting with dark, strange places for rehearsal rooms.. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 19 2011, 12:44 PM
Instructor
Yeah most of the times they are dark, small. I once rehearsed at this really big space in Bogota which I enjoyed a lot. It was on a 4th floor or somehting

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 19 2011, 01:16 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 19 2011, 09:58 AM) *
We all know that studios are usually poorly made, shelters, basements, no ventilation, small spaces... it happens a lot. Have you ever been in a studio that is spacey, has good ventilation, A/C, good gear..? What was the price? smile.gif

Many years ago we regularly rehearsed in a studio on the dock road in Liverpool. It was an old wharehouse and one next to it had been burnt down and was rat infested. One on the other side reputedly was used as a lock up by a local well known criminal gang...

Best rehearsal studio - well it was both recording and rehearsal - was one of the old BBC Maida Vale studios (think it was MV5). We rehearsed in one before recording a session in another (MV4).

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Jul 19 2011, 03:21 PM
Instructor
here in lima they are usually dark and small too, but i go to a friends studio, a very nice place with very nice things to play (and play them loud) smile.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 19 2011, 04:51 PM
Instructor
It has been the Studio at the University where I studied sound & recording. It is an awesome place prepared to record big Orchestras so it is big, warm and has lots of high quality equipment equipment. smile.gif

This is the studio:

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jul 19 2011, 05:01 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
We used to jam in this shed that belonged to the mother of a friend of mine. It was outback in the woods in a town thats kinda considered the boonies of North Carolina. There was no one to bother, except for the woodland creatures. It was small, and had poor climate control in the winter and summer. Propane heat is kinda suffocating, and the one small AC unit we had was pointed at the drummer so he wouldn't burn up in the Carolina heat. It was nice though, we could play as loud as we wanted, and no one could hear how terrible we initially were wink.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jul 20 2011, 05:56 PM
Instructor
Only well ventilated rooms, even better if there is air conditioning smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:26 PM