So, My Account Expires In A Couple Of Days...
JVM
Jul 31 2007, 04:32 AM
Learning Roadie
... and I decided to buy a new guitar which happens to coincide with my resubscription smile.gif Thought you could get rid of me so easily...

It's a parker nitefly, and I'm fairly sure it's pretty much what Kris has except with a white pickguard.

There she is! Just won her off of ebay for $700, used. I bought it from a bass player who said he barely used it, so it's in pretty much mint condition with the exception of a couple of scratches that I don't mind. If the guy who I outbid is a gmc member, I'm really sorry but I wanted it more tongue.gif

[edit] Some of you may remember that I had a quest to build my own guitar, which is still ongoing, however this deal was just too good to pass up. When I first saw her on ebay, she was going for $500, with no bids, so I thought, in the offchance that no one else would bid on her, that would be a STEAL! So as it turns out, no one else bid on it up until the last 30 seconds or so where me and another guy duked it out, raising the price by $200, and I came out the victor. I think I will now wait until I really have a "money is no object" situation for when I build my guitar, I don't want to have to make a single compromise on it when I do. Until then, I think this is an axe that'll last me for many years to come.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JVM: Jul 31 2007, 04:35 AM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Sergeant_Ant
Jul 31 2007, 04:36 AM
GMC:er
well WELCOME BACK! lol smile.gif and nice buy! its pretty -drools a little...-

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

"Whenever society gets too stifling and the rules get too complex, there's some sort of musical explosion" - Slash / Guns 'n Roses

"Play the music, not the instrument." - Author Unknown

Equpiment
Guitars: Ibanez RG350EX
Fender Stratocaster S-S-S
Effects: None
Amps: Fender SP-10

www.myspace.com/sergeantant

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 31 2007, 04:40 AM
We're glad that you arent leaving smile.gif

the guitar is awesome dude, Parkers are very unique but very expensive as well. Your guitar looks better than Kris's imo tongue.gif . You were lucky to find a great deal for such a great guitar!

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Jul 31 2007, 04:41 AM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jul 31 2007, 04:49 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Jul 30 2007, 11:32 PM) *
... and I decided to buy a new guitar which happens to coincide with my resubscription smile.gif Thought you could get rid of me so easily...

It's a parker nitefly, and I'm fairly sure it's pretty much what Kris has except with a white pickguard.

There she is! Just won her off of ebay for $700, used. I bought it from a bass player who said he barely used it, so it's in pretty much mint condition with the exception of a couple of scratches that I don't mind. If the guy who I outbid is a gmc member, I'm really sorry but I wanted it more tongue.gif
[edit] Some of you may remember that I had a quest to build my own guitar, which is still ongoing, however this deal was just too good to pass up. When I first saw her on ebay, she was going for $500, with no bids, so I thought, in the offchance that no one else would bid on her, that would be a STEAL! So as it turns out, no one else bid on it up until the last 30 seconds or so where me and another guy duked it out, raising the price by $200, and I came out the victor. I think I will now wait until I really have a "money is no object" situation for when I build my guitar, I don't want to have to make a single compromise on it when I do. Until then, I think this is an axe that'll last me for many years to come.

Dude
Love your guitar!Not many people have a parker fly so consider yourself one of the lucky ones.Wish i was you right now biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
atomix1337
Jul 31 2007, 05:00 AM
Killer axe man, and I actually cancelled my subscription the first day I joined.

Needless to say that was a big mistake and I will be resubcribing, no question. tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear: Ibanez VBT700BK, Ibanez RG270 Custom Painted (JB/Jazz pups), Strat Knockoff, Marshall V8080, Boss GE-7 EQ, Boss MT-2, Boss CH-1 Chorus, Korg AX1G MultiFX.

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Jul 31 2007, 08:15 AM
NOOOOOO! We want you to stay! Seriously though, SWEET guitar!
How does it play?

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: Jul 31 2007, 08:16 AM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 31 2007, 08:27 AM
Learning Roadie
Haven't gotten it yet, just won it on ebay tonight. I should get it in a week or less. Ahh, i'm excited tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 31 2007, 09:23 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Really nice mate!!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 31 2007, 10:41 AM
GMC Founder
Hehe JVM - you almost fooled us!

I can't think of a cooler guitar shape + bending-wise nothing can beat a Parker (the graphite fretboard and the high frets taken into consideration).

You should definately review this guitar - considering two of the instructors use it. There is probably quite some interest! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 31 2007, 11:30 AM
Instructor
Hey JVM,congrats on your new guitar!!
Tell us more about it when you get it!!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 31 2007, 04:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 31 2007, 11:41 AM) *
Hehe JVM - you almost fooled us!

I can't think of a cooler guitar shape + bending-wise nothing can beat a Parker (the graphite fretboard and the high frets taken into consideration).

You should definately review this guitar - considering two of the instructors use it. There is probably quite some interest! biggrin.gif

Yeah - we'll have a Ibanez vs. Parker battle! biggrin.gif Andrew and i are leading Ibanez section - Wallimann and Kris leading Parker section! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 31 2007, 04:21 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 31 2007, 11:20 AM) *
Yeah - we'll have a Ibanez vs. Parker battle! biggrin.gif Andrew and i are leading Ibanez section - Wallimann and Kris leading Parker section! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I don't think they stand a chance Pavel, in fact I would feel bad - maybe if we tied our whammy bars behind our backs ??? laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 31 2007, 04:36 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 31 2007, 04:20 PM) *

Muris can judge! laugh.gif

Whammy's behind backs? Sounds like more hassle getting them off than playing without them wink.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 31 2007, 04:36 PM
Instructor
Ok, i'll make it even - i won't put my whammy bar in at all! We will still have more frets! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 31 2007, 04:44 PM
GMC Founder
Ibanez? Is that an amp?

--------------------

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 31 2007, 04:47 PM
Haha, this thread owns!

I love the shape of that guitar but the headstock drives me nuts, I can't stand it! It looks like the blade of a hockey stick!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 31 2007, 04:50 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 31 2007, 05:44 PM) *
Ibanez? Is that an amp?

As a matter a fact... it's that too laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 31 2007, 05:04 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
If the nitefly's the one with the piezo pickup as well then the Parker wins on a technical knockout cool.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 31 2007, 05:19 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 31 2007, 04:44 PM) *
Ibanez? Is that an amp?

Name rings a bell, I could have sworn to god they make piano's though. laugh.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 31 2007, 05:23 PM
While you guys have a parker Ibanez battle clearly Jackson, Schecter and Dean and Warwick will sit in the corner smiling because they all know there the best 1's biggrin.gif Congratulations on the New Guitar looks awsome.. i fell in love with another guitar last night.. but no money sad.gif its a warwick Accustic something or other.. its really metal looking biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:07 AM