12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >  
My First Student Collaboration, Rock ballad style - all levels
Velvet Roger
Jan 24 2009, 11:13 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Awesome take you got there for a dentist Monte! So incredibly smooth ... would love an SI lesson on that one smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Velvet Roger: Jan 24 2009, 11:14 AM

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 24 2009, 11:20 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Jan 24 2009, 11:13 AM) *
Awesome take you got there for a dentist Monte! So incredibly smooth ... would love an SI lesson on that one smile.gif

Thanks Roger. biggrin.gif I think I will do and SI lesson on it. Should be fun. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 24 2009, 11:55 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (utak3r @ Jan 23 2009, 09:12 PM) *
OK guys.... please don't laugh at this one wink.gif That's my second solo ever, and the first so long rolleyes.gif
I tried to make it as interesting as I could, hope you won't get your ears hurt... tongue.gif

I thought you did a good job. biggrin.gif The key is to just keep working at it. Your solos will get better and better as you keep working on them. That is why I think these collabs are so important. It forces you to apply what you are practicing.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 24 2009, 12:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
Argh! I was convinced the deadline was tomorrow. I have a friend over untill tomorrow, but he's asleep now. I'll see if I can get it done right now.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 24 2009, 05:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 24 2009, 11:57 AM) *
Argh! I was convinced the deadline was tomorrow. I have a friend over untill tomorrow, but he's asleep now. I'll see if I can get it done right now.

You can send tomorrow no problem smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 24 2009, 06:23 PM
Instructor
Hi guys

We are reaching the deadline point and I have started writting comments. I can see we have reached 10 pages on this thread so it looks like this one has been quite popular smile.gif

There are some takes that I am not sure how to judge so I would appreciate if you can all write how many years you have been playing for. This will help me understand your playing better so I can can give more realistic and honest oppinions.

Thanks everybody for joining this collaboration, I hope you liked it and got some new experience with it. I will do the next one next month and I hope you will come back again and play some more stuff.

Cheers

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Jan 24 2009, 06:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey man,

Thanks for the awesome collab, was a lot of fun! Will definitely look forward to your next collab.

As requested, I've been playing for about 6 years. Hope this gets the ball rolling with getting others to let you know.

Chat soon.

Adam

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 24 2009, 05:23 PM) *
Hi guys

We are reaching the deadline point and I have started writting comments. I can see we have reached 10 pages on this thread so it looks like this one has been quite popular smile.gif

There are some takes that I am not sure how to judge so I would appreciate if you can all write how many years you have been playing for. This will help me understand your playing better so I can can give more realistic and honest oppinions.

Thanks everybody for joining this collaboration, I hope you liked it and got some new experience with it. I will do the next one next month and I hope you will come back again and play some more stuff.

Cheers

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 24 2009, 06:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
I´ve been playing classical guitar for about 7 years now. I gpt my first electric guitar for Christmas 2006 or 2007, I don´t remember exactly. However, I started playing extremely seriously when I got my JEM for my birthday 23rd February. smile.gif

Can´t wait for the comments and final mix.

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 24 2009, 06:45 PM
GMC:er
I was playing for 3 years somewhere in early 90's and put the guitar on the shelf. Now I grabbed it again a month ago rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 24 2009, 06:54 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I guess you can put me down for 5-6 years where I played through the 80's - 90's. Put the guitar down for quite some time and just picked it back up about 14 months ago.

Feel free to say what you like. My feeling don't get brused easy.

Thanks for everything Emir

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jan 24 2009, 06:59 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 24 2009, 06:23 PM) *
Hi guys

Cheers

Hey dude,

I've been playing for 2 years now.

But you don't have to judge my playing on that at all.. haha, I want to hear whats wrong with it!! ;p

tj

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 24 2009, 07:14 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thank you Emir ... this one was indeed a quite popular collab smile.gif

I don't bring this together exactly. I think i started guitar with 15 and played for maybe 7-8 years. I played a lot classical and acoustic guitar during this time as well. Maybe 4-5 years electric guitar. Then i stopped for more then 10 years where i didn't played at all. I am happy to have started again since now 1.5 - 2 years.

I know i said earlier how your comments in the instructor collab scared me smile.gif. I exaggerated a bit of course and still think those comments where one of the best i was reading up to that time. Just be honest and don't hold back smile.gif

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 24 2009, 07:24 PM
Thanks again for this collab Emir! Hope you'll do some more in the future biggrin.gif

Ehm, regarding my playing, I've started my long journey January 2008 so it's exactly 1 year for me.
Oh, and don't hold back your criticism cool.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 24 2009, 07:28 PM
Instructor
thank you all for the response smile.gif

Waiting for the rest

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 24 2009, 07:30 PM
Hey Emir, I've been playing guitar since 1999 summer, that makes near 9 years. Although I was very serious in the begining, I needed to gain money from music, and I started to sing and I generally played Pop/soft rock stuff, so I was enchanted by the other gains from it and this stopped my progression in guitar. I can honestly say that 7 years of my guitar playing was a total waste. Few months ago, I understood that the time was passing by and my guitar playing was being killed by the music itself, thus in september I joined GMC and after that I started to get serious about that. GMC was the key element that turned me from the darkside... And I am glad I joined here laugh.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 24 2009, 08:25 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I have been tearing it up.....in my bedroom for about 20 years. laugh.gif laugh.gif I would say that I have gotten pretty dedicated in the last 2-3 years and REALLY dedicated the last 5 months since I found this site!! biggrin.gif Thanks again for doing these collabs Emir. I know they are alot of work and I/we really appreciate it.

Monte

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jan 24 2009, 08:32 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 24 2009, 06:23 PM) *
Hi guys

Cheers

Yeah, it's a popular collab and that's thanks to your awesome backing biggrin.gif

That's a good question.. The first time I started playing guitar was 14 years ago.
But I only played for 2-3 years or so, before I quit due to different circumstances.
I picked it up again though about 2 years ago, and have been playing since smile.gif

I consider myself more of a rythm guitarist, but lately I've been trying to play a few solos as well.
So this is a good opportunity for me to see how I do in that area smile.gif

Thank you Emir for this great collab smile.gif

Cheers!

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jan 24 2009, 11:05 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey Emir,

I've been playing the guitar seriously for about 1.5 years now (with also some less serious playing back when I was 16-17 (17 years ago tongue.gif)).

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Toroso
Jan 24 2009, 11:13 PM
Emir, been fooling around for far too long. mellow.gif But only been seriously tying to get better since coming here in August?

Nothing will hurt my feelings! Lay it on me bro! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 24 2009, 11:18 PM
Yeah, for me it's too late to hurt me wink.gif
First: I'm too old,
and second: I'm too much into playing, you can't get me stop playing smile.gif

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:05 PM