My Attempt At Vocals/slideshow Video (seether- Broken), Need some criticism/feedback
zen
Nov 7 2009, 02:18 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Ive tried to create a story here .. Hope people will like it. The idea was to make it sad and dark. I might not do anything like this again laugh.gif

This is also my first attempt at a slideshow video ... Threw in some pics i found on the web and then sang (Broken by Seether) over it. It's been a decade i attempted any vocals, so would appreciate all the feedback/ criticism. Quality is not so great as i used the computer's soundcard microphone to record it.

Level's may be all over the place, i couldn't mix it well as i cant hear properly from one of my ears at the moment (courtesy - Arch Enemy).

Enjoy ....

Oh and it's available in HD .. Just follow THIS LINK and use the HD button on the vid.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by zen: Nov 7 2009, 02:24 PM

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Nov 7 2009, 04:17 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I think over all you did a pretty good job with this. Slide show was cool and fit the mode. Some things like you mentioned could have been better with the vocals (sound and mix). One thing I picked up on with your voice is you didn't feel confident 100% all the time. It's like you were holding back in certain parts. That said and the fact that it has been a while since you sang, this was very nice.

Hopefully you will share some more with us. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 7 2009, 07:24 PM
Instructor
Seems very cool to me, and I like the ideas with the slideshow. Great job! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 7 2009, 08:00 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Cover sounds very good! Your voice is great, some problems here and there with pitch but overall its very good! I wonder which software did you use for creating the slide show video? It turned out pretty good and I'm interested doing some similar videos with it... smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Nov 7 2009, 10:38 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
You played this guitar as well?

For Vocals, when I listened the first second, I thought that you had a really nice voice, but then it sounded a bit nervous. I'd say this means you have quite some talent for singing, maybe it's just not fully used yet?

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
zen
Nov 8 2009, 12:08 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks for the feedback and comments guyz.. Much appreciated.
Yes, I wasn't confident AT ALL .. more like felt the song so wanted mess around and record it.
I didn't play the guitar on this.. the complete backing track (with harmonies) was downloaded off the net.
I just filled in the main vocals and made the slideshow using Cyberlink Powerdirector..

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 8 2009, 12:10 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Thanks for info! I liked the slide show, gonna check out that software then! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 12 2009, 02:42 AM
Learning Tone Master
Really great! But as already mentioned, you sound a bit tense and nervous. Once you get over it, I really want to hear a new take. Great job! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gus
Nov 13 2009, 01:53 PM
GMC:er
Hey. Nice job.

One thing I think you can try to improve in the singing is the control. The chorus need more power and you will only be able to achieve that putting out a lot of air and putting some effort with the diaphragm. So make sure you have correcting breathing.

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 29 2009, 03:39 AM
Instructor
Nice arpeggiated acoustic, effectively melancolic

very good job!

There's some distortion on the vocals in the chorus.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
zen
Dec 3 2009, 11:45 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks guys, Im quite surprised with your replies ... as i just did this for fun !!! Thanks heaps for your invaluable inputs .. Yea, I've never really focused or learnt how to breathe while singing etc .. just went with the flow.. and i dont have a high pitch voice either... Will try to learn.
@Daniel - Thanks.. I got the backing karaoke track from the net.. I got no distortion on the vocals .. the melodies were in the backing track itself .. It's probably my voice thats distorted tongue.gif or maybe its the bad mixing.. smile.gif Will try and improve

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 4 2009, 08:42 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I think you did great. A bit more confidence and power and you're gonna sound awesome!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:24 PM