Pedalboard, Building a pedalboard
PanicProne
Mar 19 2008, 11:33 PM
GMC:er
Allright, I didn't really know where to put it so I chose the gear forum. If anybody thinks it was a mistake then just move the thread. Anyways. I've been planning on building my own pedalboard for a long time now and I've finally decided to it in summer.

So, what this thread should be about is how to and tips, hints and trix and so on. I've been looking all over the internet for a good thread about this but I couldn't find one. And since I'm probably not the only one about questions concerning this matter, I though, why not create one of my own?
So. since I've never built one myself before, please bring me ANY ideas or comments you have.
Fire away!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Mar 20 2008, 12:02 AM
I Am going to begin construction on one soon...I may progressively post pictures. Ive done a lot of thinking about what I want...
#1 Hide all the cables.
#2 Securely mount the pedals.
#3 Use a true bypass strip for pedal switching.
#4 Quality power supply.
#5 Make it look cool as hell.
#6 Logical layout.
#7 high quality cables.

I think I have some very unique ideas that shouldnt be to difficult to pull off.
The only downside is im still working in a system for interchanging pedals. I was gonna router the footprint of the pedals half way in to a piece of 3/4 plywood. And cut two slots that would allow the cable ends through the top board. Then use 90 degree angle cables down through the top plywood to a cable routing area below where the pedals sit. You would need to lift out the pedal...plug in the 90 degree connectors and set it back down. The cable ends would kinda hold the pedal in place. I was thinking of using some plexiglass and leds as accents to spice up the look. I also have some tolex laying around from an old amp project. I was thinking I would cover the hole thing in black Recto style tolex. In this configuration the pedals would stay on all the time and the bypass strip will be used for all switching except Teese Wizard wah and Digitec Whammy pedal. Big dreams ....Or maybe not... When I start I will start posting pics.

Check out loopmaster.com Thats where you should start.
If you order one make sure to get a tuner out.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by USAMAN: Mar 22 2008, 02:10 AM

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Mar 20 2008, 12:23 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (USAMAN @ Mar 20 2008, 12:02 AM) *
Check out loopmaster.com Thats where you should start.

The site is about flyfishing? huh.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Mar 20 2008, 11:24 AM
LOL

http://www.loop-master.com/

Try this man.
sorry bout that.

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 20 2008, 02:13 PM
Instructor
I've written my own building I hope it helps: here's the link smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p;hl=pedalboard

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 20 2008, 02:23 PM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Mar 20 2008, 01:13 PM) *

Why have I never spotted this post blink.gif This is awesome Ivan. I'm gonna get to work on building it this weekend. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Mar 20 2008, 03:02 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (USAMAN @ Mar 20 2008, 11:24 AM) *
LOL

http://www.loop-master.com/

Try this man.
sorry bout that.

Ways better man haha tongue.gif

QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Mar 20 2008, 02:13 PM) *

Nice one Ivan, I'll check it in a minute.

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
PanicProne
Mar 20 2008, 08:20 PM
A few questions:
- Ivan, how much did you spend on the board itself (I mean without including the cost of the pedals and so on) ?
- USAMAN! Why the hell did you have to mention all that stuff? Now everything seems a lot harder! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Mar 20 2008, 10:06 PM
Instructor
So cool that you are building your own pedalboard! It would be awesome if you could post pictures of your process also! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 21 2008, 12:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PanicProne @ Mar 20 2008, 08:20 PM) *
- Ivan, how much did you spend on the board itself (I mean without including the cost of the pedals and so on) ?

It says in my post, around 50$ is needed. Take my advice and go to some megastore, there you will find cheap parts that doesn't cost much.
Also since I didn't know how to work with a wood, so it took me 2 weeks to finish it completely.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
PanicProne
Mar 22 2008, 01:43 PM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Mar 21 2008, 12:17 PM) *
It says in my post, around 50$ is needed. Take my advice and go to some megastore, there you will find cheap parts that doesn't cost much.
Also since I didn't know how to work with a wood, so it took me 2 weeks to finish it completely.

Allright. Thanks for the answer man. I'm a nit embarrassed I didn't read your post properly. My apologies biggrin.gif
Now then, time to start skecthing the board.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:32 AM