2 Pages V   1 2 >  
How To Connect Pod 2 To Pc!
Jesse
Dec 4 2008, 09:35 AM
GMC:er
I' m getting a pod 2 , either way, mostly to record properly, but I' ve heard that you need a seperate PCI cable... is this true?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Dec 4 2008, 10:04 AM
Instructor
I am not so sure, but check here smile.gif

http://line6.com/pod20/index.html

as far as I see, no USB connection, so you need an audio interface to record..

edit: What is PCI cable? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Dejan Farkas: Dec 4 2008, 10:05 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Dec 4 2008, 10:09 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Dec 4 2008, 10:17 AM
Instructor
If this is the device, these are all available connectors smile.gif

Where do you connect such cables? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 4 2008, 10:27 AM
You are much better off getting a Toneport in my opinion for PC recording. That is just a USB connection.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Jesse
Dec 4 2008, 10:35 AM
I know ... but I dont want it mostly for pc recording, I want it msot to play everywhere I want:X But it 's able to record to pc,

I can plug it straight into sound card with adapter that makes the jack smaller, but where do I put it in my audio thingy?

Im probably going to need one of these!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Dec 4 2008, 10:39 AM
Instructor
I am afraid that you cannot use MIDI ports to act as a audio interface smile.gif

On the official site it's written:
MIDI In & Out - Connect POD to your MIDI equipment to select channel memories or automate POD settings.

The only audio outputs here are two 1/4" TRS connector for left and right outputs

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Dec 4 2008, 10:40 AM
.. that' s a bummer:D I probably get a pod tomorrow from my parents a s a gift:D I' ll just get that one I showed in the image!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Dec 4 2008, 11:58 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
In order to easily record to the PC using a USB connection you would need a POD XT (but ofc more expensive unfortunately).

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Jesse
Dec 4 2008, 12:26 PM
lol Im getting the pod 2.. POINT. No discussion about that;)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Dec 4 2008, 01:45 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Ok ok .... just trying to help smile.gif

--------------------

Guitars & Amps
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Dec 4 2008, 01:46 PM
Pod 2.0 is kinda a waste, I would save and get the more robust model...

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 4 2008, 01:48 PM
I'd advise getting a POD XT tongue.gif laugh.gif

Only joking.

You can connect it to a PC fairly easily as I've seen somebody do it before but I'm not sure how. I'm sure it'll tell you somewhere on the internet.

QUOTE (fatb0t @ Dec 4 2008, 12:46 PM) *
Pod 2.0 is kinda a waste, I would save and get the more robust model...

I think his stress level might be through the roof in a minute lol

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Dec 4 2008, 02:01 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Dec 4 2008, 01:48 PM) *
You can connect it to a PC fairly easily as I've seen somebody do it before but I'm not sure how. I'm sure it'll tell you somewhere on the internet.

Sure you can, but you would need a seperate audio/USB interface to connect it properly to the PC.

--------------------

Guitars & Amps

Effects & Other stuff

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 4 2008, 02:10 PM
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Dec 4 2008, 01:01 PM) *
Sure you can, but you would need a seperate audio/USB interface to connect it properly to the PC.

Yeah you just plug into the line in of your sound card I believe. Not the ideal solution for PC Recording but doable.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 4 2008, 02:15 PM
Instructor
You will need a regular audio cable to connect to your sound card Jesse. You can't use POD2 as interface, just a modeling device. You will need a cable that has two 3.5mm mono jacks on the POD side (for left and right out), and one stereo 3.5mm jack on the sound card side (for Line In).

PS You can buy the cable in any electronic store.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Dec 4 2008, 02:15 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 4 2008, 02:16 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 4 2008, 01:15 PM) *
You will need a regular audio cable to connect to your sound card Jesse. You can't use POD2 as interface, just a modeling device. You will need a cable that has two 3.5mm mono jacks on the POD side (for left and right out), and one stereo 3.5mm jack on the sound card side (for Line In).

PS You can buy the cable in any electronic store.

Or you can buy 3.5mm adaptors to stick on ordinary guitar cables smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Jesse
Dec 4 2008, 02:33 PM
Pod 2.0 is kinda a waste, I would save and get the more robust model... .. Dude, This is not very nice to post... I' ll go rampage on you in a second xD Becaus e I told it on the forums about 50 times that I want the pod 2 for playing too, and im nto SAVING for it, I' m getting it as a GIFT from my PARENTS TOMORROW! Ivan, you' r the most helpful lad here atm, Is there a specific name for that ONE cable I' m needing?

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Dec 4 2008, 02:52 PM
Well, I'll keep my opinion to myself for you in the future. I own both and I'm just telling you my experience. It certainly is better than nothing, you can always MIC you amp. Or use the headphone out as a direct out like Ivan said.

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Dec 4 2008, 02:53 PM
Instructor
The POD 2.0 is a nice piece of equipment, the newer ones have the advantage of having a USB, As Ivan said, find a cable that is mono 1/4 inch on one side, and 1/8 on the other side, the 1/8 inch will connect to the soundcard on your computer, and the 1/4 to the out of the POD, and that is it, you should be able set the levels make sure you don't clip, and start tweaking, with cheap computer speakers you probably won't hear an awesome sound, but you can obtain a decent sound for recordings of that I am sure

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:40 PM