Need Some Feedback Please :)
Kalidia
Aug 2 2011, 06:44 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi everyone!
I'm learning alternate picking from zero and i would appreciate some feedback, i'm frighten of making mistakes! I've make this video of me playing a short piece of a lesson of Pavel repeated twice, i used a metronome but for some reason this can't be heard in the video. My major concern is the right hand, i've always used it in the wrong way and now it's very tough! by the way i'm practising daily.

thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxowHWTp55I

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 2 2011, 09:15 PM
Instructor
There is nothing wrong with your technique as far as I can see, just keep on practicing, everything will come into place! smile.gif

On a side note, in time you will see that your picking hand will tend to do less motion (up&down), so try to economize that movement a bit, it will pay out when starting to play on faster tempos. So try to keep the motion at minimum. Do this when practicing on slow tempos, so you get an idea. But, it's just on a side note, as I say things will come into place after a while! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 3 2011, 07:02 AM
GMC:er
My major concern is the right hand, i've always used it in the wrong way and now it's very tough!

Your technique looks pretty good, but why did you say it's very tough? Are you fighting pick resistances, find it moving around, not feeling natural, etc? These could be issues. Could you describe in futher detail any problems?

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Kalidia
Aug 3 2011, 10:54 AM
Learning Roadie
It's tough because i've been playing guitar for a long time without using my wrist, or using it a little. So now i have to get my wrist used to the movement, but there aren't any another particular problems smile.gif

I'm happy i'm finally on the right way even, as you can see, "it's a long way to the top" smile.gif thank you both

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 3 2011, 03:26 PM
Instructor
it looks great to me. At this tempo your technique is great, maybe show us a video at a higher tempo?

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 3 2011, 03:38 PM
Instructor
It's ok as everybody said! but pay attention to what Ivan said about the motion to economize the movement. It will help in the future when you play at faster tempos. Keep on working hard! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kalidia
Aug 3 2011, 07:43 PM
Learning Roadie
I'll keep in mind the advice of economize the movement smile.gif I'm practicing daily eight note at 100-116 bmp and i'm trying to push the metronome slowly up..

This is the same piece played faster( 96 bmp sixteen notes) as daniel request, just to get an idea how is my technique now smile.gif https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP5EITChD6M
I don't feel confortable at this speed yet and i think i'm not perfectly on time O_o By the way i'm keeping practicing at lower tempo smile.gif

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 3 2011, 08:04 PM
GMC:er
Your moving the wrist up and down in the first vid, if you place it in a position where you can rotate the wrist to reach all the strings then you can leave it there if that's more comfortable and faster. For fast playing the wrist movement itself is to get it as minmum as possible and keep the thumb locked straight at speed. Make sure your not angling the pick up or down as this will add resistance to the other direction, but really choke up on the tip of the pick and use less surface area. You can rotate forward for a better attack angle.

With a thick pointed pick just practice grazing the string up and down (don't dig down to much into it) without the use of the fretboard hand, then sync both hands up. Then either alternative or eco pick across two strings (keeping the timing the same), finally multiple strings and string skipping. It should come natural over time, just keep an eye on it at first and make sure it doesn't slip back into any bad habits, then ignore it and stay comfortable and relaxed at all times. If your not, stop, shake it out, start again.

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Aug 3 2011, 08:05 PM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 4 2011, 11:39 AM
Instructor
Aaron (Azzaboi) gave you very detailed adivices which are good to follow! Just lower the tempo a bit and find the maximum speed where you can pick as relaxed as possible smile.gif take it from there, adding 5 units and trying to stay relaxed and with both hands synchronized. Give it time though, because it won't come over night smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kalidia
Aug 4 2011, 10:16 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks everybody smile.gif i'll post a video again next months \m/

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:50 PM