Uriah Heep
Col Roberts
Oct 16 2009, 01:28 PM
Learning Roadie
Two rocking live performances by Uriah Heep that I found on Youtube. Mick Box (the king of wah) is on guitar and has been with the band since its formation in 1969!! Turn up the volume and enjoy.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 16 2009, 01:39 PM
Instructor
I am going to see them next month. Great band

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 16 2009, 03:05 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
They are very good and still rocking! I have seen them few years back (we played on the same festival and stage) smile.gif It was an awesome performance and their singing is great! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Boson
Oct 16 2009, 05:23 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Early Heep were great I saw them a couple of times in the 70s with David Byron on vocals.

John Wetton was on bass then and of course he went on to form Asia (as well as playing with king crimson) I remember being amazed at how hard he twanged his bass strings!!

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Oct 16 2009, 06:03 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Oct 16 2009, 02:39 PM) *

What? Where sad.gif

Oh, I waaaaanna go!!!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 16 2009, 11:42 PM
Instructor
Great band, we saw them and had the chance to share the stage with them. They are true rockers! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
whitesnake
Oct 17 2009, 08:58 AM
GMC:er
Uriah heep was a fantastic band back in the seventies,listen to the live recording from 1973 i think,the orginal bassplayer was Gary thain,he died by accident,they say he play bass in thr bathroom and get electric schock.

+Quote Post
Boson
Oct 17 2009, 09:03 AM
QUOTE (whitesnake @ Oct 17 2009, 09:58 AM) *
Uriah heep was a fantastic band back in the seventies,listen to the live recording from 1973 i think,the orginal bassplayer was Gary thain,he died by accident,they say he play bass in thr bathroom and get electric schock.

I may be wrong but I always thought he died of an overdose of heroin.

--------------------

+Quote Post
whitesnake
Oct 17 2009, 09:19 AM
GMC:er
Ok i just look at Wikipedia,he died of the drug,s.
i,m sorry you right,

+Quote Post
Boson
Oct 17 2009, 09:50 AM
QUOTE (whitesnake @ Oct 17 2009, 10:19 AM) *
Ok i just look at Wikipedia,he died of the drug,s.
i,m sorry you right,

No probs wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 17 2009, 03:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Oct 16 2009, 06:03 PM) *
What? Where sad.gif

Oh, I waaaaanna go!!!! biggrin.gif

check this out

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Nadir
Oct 17 2009, 03:24 PM
Learning Roadie
July morning and Lady in black are my favorite Uriah Heep songs

+Quote Post
Col Roberts
Oct 18 2009, 04:19 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Oct 16 2009, 11:39 PM) *

Would love to hear your comments after the show, Emir. You should check out Mick Box's website ... his comments on how they recorded their last album (Wake The Sleeper), as a band and with a three take limit per track, are interesting. Also, he has photos of 47 of his guitars! The Hall Of Fame section is worth a look too. Mick Box website.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 18 2009, 02:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Col Roberts @ Oct 18 2009, 04:19 AM) *
Would love to hear your comments after the show, Emir. You should check out Mick Box's website ... his comments on how they recorded their last album (Wake The Sleeper), as a band and with a three take limit per track, are interesting. Also, he has photos of 47 of his guitars! The Hall Of Fame section is worth a look too. Mick Box website.

Just seen it. Awesome guitar collection. I'll take some pictures from the show as well.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:16 AM