Ibanez Rg350 Or Esp Kh202 Kirk Hammett?
Sergeant_Ant
Jul 17 2007, 11:08 PM
GMC:er
looking for good guitar to buy for around $400-600, been lookin at these two models, not sure what most people would go with, any comments are much appreciated

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

"Whenever society gets too stifling and the rules get too complex, there's some sort of musical explosion" - Slash / Guns 'n Roses

"Play the music, not the instrument." - Author Unknown

Equpiment
Guitars: Ibanez RG350EX
Fender Stratocaster S-S-S
Effects: None
Amps: Fender SP-10

www.myspace.com/sergeantant
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
MickeM
Jul 17 2007, 11:27 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Sergeant_Ant @ Jul 18 2007, 12:08 AM) *
looking for good guitar to buy for around $400-600, been lookin at these two models, not sure what most people would go with, any comments are much appreciated

The RG350 is a good guitar (I've got the RG320) but I'm sure the LTD is good also though I don't know it. LTD would definitly be the more interesting choise biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Sergeant_Ant
Jul 17 2007, 11:34 PM
yea, i been lookin at both pretty hard, the esp has a floyd rose but i dont know if it has a flat fretboard like the ibanez, either one is pretty good, its gonna be my second guitar, my first is a fender starcaster pack guitar

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

"Whenever society gets too stifling and the rules get too complex, there's some sort of musical explosion" - Slash / Guns 'n Roses

Equpiment

+Quote Post
exorcyze
Jul 17 2007, 11:42 PM
Personally, I've always liked the Ibanez a lot, used an RG 770 as my primary for the last 15 years, but also had several other RG models too ( though the 770 was by far my favorite ). I recently got a new guitar and ended up falling in love with a Schecter C-1 Elite ( http://www.schecterguitars.com/spec.asp?id=10 ) and picked it up for right around $600 new.

In the end, it comes down to your personal playing style and what you like to play in a guitar ( in my opinion ). Have you played both of those guitars? What qualities do you like / dislike about them? How do they *feel* in your hands when you play them?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sergeant_Ant
Jul 18 2007, 12:05 AM
i think my favorite part is the thin necks for speed and the tremolo in the edge III and the floyd rose, i thought about an ibanez s series for the zero resistance tremolo but it only had 22 frets, im mainly looking for somethin with 24 frets, a thin, fast neck, and a nice tremolo, by the way that Scheckter was a pretty cool guitar biggrin.gif i wanted to get something witha good whammy bar first so i can play like steve vai and joe satriani style but ill most definatley look into that one

--------------------

Equpiment

+Quote Post
exorcyze
Jul 19 2007, 01:57 AM
Yeah, the thin neck and low action was what I loved about the RG 770 - and nothing else ( even the new wizard II necks ) was as wide on the fretboard or played even close to it.

I was unconvinced I would dig anything else, but in the end the Trem got on my nerves when I had to change tunings a lot, which is why I went with the string-through body - especially when I almost never actually used it. But that's why I recommend playing different guitars - I was surprised that after 5 minutes the freboard on what is my new primary guitar felt like home ( though there was a bit of adjustment for strings being closer together, heh ).

--------------------

+Quote Post
E.S.P Nut
Jul 19 2007, 06:00 PM
QUOTE (Sergeant_Ant @ Jul 17 2007, 11:34 PM) *
yea, i been lookin at both pretty hard, the esp has a floyd rose but i dont know if it has a flat fretboard like the ibanez, either one is pretty good, its gonna be my second guitar, my first is a fender starcaster pack guitar

I have the KH-2 and it has a flat fretboard so it should be the same :)It has a very fast neck and jumbo frets too

This post has been edited by E.S.P Nut: Jul 19 2007, 06:02 PM

--------------------
Guitars: ESP KH-2 Black,Gibson Les Paul STD Honey Burst(2000),Gibson Les Paul STD Root Beer (2007).

Amps: Marshall TSL,Line 6 spider 2 (practice amp).

Pedals: Boss GT-8,Boss Metal Zone 2,Ibanez TSL,Electro harmonix Small clone,Dunlop Crybaby.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:24 PM