3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Rated Htr's December Mtp Thread, Weekly assignments and uploads here
Pedja Simovic
Dec 3 2009, 01:07 PM
Instructor
Hi Filipe!

We are starting officially now with MTP program. Very glad to have you in my group man. I have given you before theory and harmony assignment which you did great. I am just building on that foundation right now with this assignment. I have added 2 extra scales ( F and G major) that I would like you to write harmony just like you did for C major.
Here is your assignment, enjoy it and let me know if you got any questions!

Your 1st assignment for December is due week from today (10th of December)

Here is your assignment

Theory reading :

- I would like you to read my posts from links provided below.
- Once you read it all, memorize 3 and 4 part harmony in C major scale.
- Learn to apply scale degrees rather then numbers ( I in C major is C, IV in C is F etc).
- Write out in this thread all notes for 3 and 4 part harmony in C major as well as in F and G major scales.

Here are the links:

Major scale harmony and chord functions

Cadences

Let me know if you have any questions and if I could help in any way!

Pedja

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 3 2009, 08:31 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks Pedja, like I did last time, I'll try doing a video, but can't do it today because of school work so will have to do it tomorrow or in the weekend smile.gif. Great to be on board again smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 4 2009, 01:40 AM
Instructor
Great stuff Filipe. If you are in no opportunity to do the video I will of course settle for the written work. I really appreciate the extra effort you are putting into it man. Look forward to your video!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 5 2009, 07:51 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Ok, did my video...Badly, just gonna upload it for you to see it tongue.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 6 2009, 12:47 AM
Experienced Rock Star
ok, here you go pedja, some difficulties in playing some chords. I did some cuts to save time in the videos and because it was not really necessary, the parts I mean.

I didn't check the videos, but I will eventually, so if you see any stupidity, please forgive me tongue.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 7 2009, 10:29 AM
Instructor
Thank you for the videos Filipe. They are very good and explain everything nicely. I would just correct you with B diminished chord in the 1st video. The voicing you are playing is not correct. Look into the notes and see what you can do. Just like you did great for G major, you can find 3 notes on the fretboard that fit that chord wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 7 2009, 10:36 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Dec 7 2009, 09:29 AM) *
Thank you for the videos Filipe. They are very good and explain everything nicely. I would just correct you with B diminished chord in the 1st video. The voicing you are playing is not correct. Look into the notes and see what you can do. Just like you did great for G major, you can find 3 notes on the fretboard that fit that chord wink.gif

Thanks pedja, I will look into it smile.gif. I would just like to know your opinion. If you want me to continue the videos or prefer me to do some writing. Personally, I prefer to do videos because, not only do I test chord theory, I also test my explanation methods in case I want to teach someday and that way you'll know if I know it or not tongue.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 7 2009, 10:57 AM
Instructor
Filipe I would prefer if you did videos. It is much better that way in my opinion and like you said I could point out on certain explanations and approaches. So far you are doing great, keep up the good work man.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 7 2009, 02:12 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Dec 7 2009, 09:57 AM) *
Filipe I would prefer if you did videos. It is much better that way in my opinion and like you said I could point out on certain explanations and approaches. So far you are doing great, keep up the good work man.

Cool smile.gif. When will you post my next assignment if I may ask? smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 7 2009, 02:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Dec 7 2009, 02:12 PM) *
Cool smile.gif. When will you post my next assignment if I may ask? smile.gif

Perhaps tomorrow! Now I have to leave for lunch then of to sound check and performance. I will be back tonight after 2am are even later... Expect it tomorrow most likely !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 8 2009, 04:12 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Pedja just wanted to add, in case you didn't think about the assignment that it doesn't have to be legato, it can be AP or whatever if you think it will help me smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 8 2009, 04:26 PM
Instructor
Hey Filipe,

I was just checking your thread and about to upload your assignment. We will focus on alternate picking in your 2nd assignment. I want to see what is your comfort zone when it comes to these exercises and also how far you can take them.

2nd assignment is due on December 17th.

Your 2nd assignment is :

- Record each lick in 3 different tempos! Make sure tempos are at least 15-20 bpm difference.
- Try to show me your maximum tempo for these licks, I want you to push yourself here!
- Feel free to ask for more exercises if these are too easy for you!
- Upload your takes in this thread. Ideally I would like you to do videos, put them on Youtube and embed them here.

If you manage to do all the exercises before deadline, I will put more exercises here for you!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Exercise_1_Alternate.pdf ( 103.34K ) Number of downloads: 112
Attached File  Exercise_2_Alternate.pdf ( 104.72K ) Number of downloads: 101
Attached File  Exercise_3_Alternate.pdf ( 106.53K ) Number of downloads: 99
Attached File  Exercise_4_Alternate.pdf ( 66.74K ) Number of downloads: 108
Attached File  Exercise_5_Alternate.pdf ( 70.31K ) Number of downloads: 103

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 12 2009, 03:45 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Ok Pedja, I had to stop for some time to give space for ICMP Exams, but I'll give some time to this today smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 12 2009, 03:47 PM
Instructor
I understand Filipe no worries. Once you start doing these time will fly trust me. Let me know if you need any help with them !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 13 2009, 03:47 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Hi Pedja, I lied to you, sorry... I actually took the time out from my study to do some GMC Collabs, I've been working on the exercises though, just haven't had the time to do a video, I'll try to see if I can fit them tomorrow...Crazy week I'm having wink.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 13 2009, 01:55 PM
Instructor
No need to lie man. I look forward to the videos wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 13 2009, 02:01 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Dec 13 2009, 12:55 PM) *
No need to lie man. I look forward to the videos wink.gif

No man! Don't get it the wrong way, it was an expression, I didn't lie laugh.gif it just happened laugh.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 13 2009, 04:41 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Warning! This video contains a stupid guitarist doing stupid faces while playing... laugh.gif

Note:
There is a part where I said string skipping but you understand what I meant

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 14 2009, 05:56 PM
Instructor
Filipe great video man! You got some nice chops in there smile.gif
Regarding exercise 1, I noticed you are starting with an up stroke! Do it with down stroke, I am sure you will get the same results and tempos. Get working on other exercises now !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 14 2009, 09:12 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Tomorrow I'll do the rest Pedja, today was exam day so I had to work on other stuff wink.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:57 PM